VECC Kolkata JRF Admission 2023: Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC) Kolkata invites application for Junior Research Fellows (JRF) under CSIR-UGC NET Fellowship Scheme.
Check full details on VECC Kolkata JRF Admission 2023 here.
About VECC Kolkata
Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre is a premier R & D unit of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India and one of the constituent institutions of Homi Bhabha National Institute.
This Centre is dedicated to carry out frontier research and development in the fields of Accelerator Science & Technology, Nuclear Science (Theoretical and Experimental), Material Science, Computer Science & Technology and in other relevant areas.
VECC Kolkata JRF Program
Applications are invited from interested Indian Nationals for engagement of 5 Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata, from the candidates who have qualified CSIR-UGC NET national level examination (SLET/Lectureship is not eligible} and holding of a valid JRF Award Letter (issued on or before last date of application).
The JRFs joined on selection will be eligible for registration in the Ph.D. programme of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI} (deemed to be University) subject to [fulfillment of HBNI/UGC norms.
Areas of Research
- Experimental & Theoretical Nuclear Physics
- Nuclear Astrophysics
- Accelerator Physics
- Material Science
- Experimental & Theoretical High Energy Nuclear Physics
- Many Body Physics & Instrumentation.
VECC Kolkata JRF Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have consistently good academic record and should have secured minimum of 55% aggregate in 3 years B.Sc. + 2 Years M.Sc. (Physics)/4 Years B.Sc.+ 1 Year M.Sc. (Physics) from a recognized University;
- Candidates with five years integrated M.Sc. degree should have secured minimum of 55% aggregate in M.Sc. /B.S-M.S (Dual degree) (Physics) from a recognized University;
- 4 years B.Sc. (Physics) with 75% in aggregate from a recognized University;
- Wherever the results are declared as CGPA/GPA, it may be converted to percentage and entered. (The formula prescribed by the institute for conversion to be indicated at the time of verification).
- Candidate who have completed the qualifying degrees and awaiting the final results of B.Sc. (Physics)/M.Sc. (Physics) Degree may also apply.
- Candidates who have completed the qualifying B.Sc. /M.Sc. Degree must be produce relevant marksheets & certificates to this effect, in original copies, should be produced at the time of document verification / interview, failing which their candidature will not considered.
- In case appearing candidates are selected for JRF, should submit ‘their marksheet/ certificate at the time of document verification/joining this Centre.
- UGC/AICTE approved Degrees from UGC/AICTE recognized Universities only will be accepted.
The upper age limit for applying for the award of JRF shall be 28 years as on last date of application i.e., 26.05.2023.
FOR AGE, ONLY SSC/MATRICULATION CERTIFICATE OR BIRTH CERTIFICATE WILL BE ACCEPTED AS PROOF OF DATE OF BIRTH, NO SUBSEQUENT REQUEST FOR CHANGE SHALL BE ENTERTAINED.
- Terms and Conditions of the funding agency of the fellowship will be applicable.
- The candidates may note that the fellowship is payable directly by UGC in respect of CSIR-UGC NET (JRF) qualified candidates and no financial support is payable by VECC, Kolkata.
Selection will be done through interview only, The Selection Interview for all shortlisted candidates will be conducted in VECC, Kolkata.
Screened-in candidates will be invited for appearing in the interview and the date of the interview will be intimated in due course of time.
VECC Kolkata JRF Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Availability of Application Form
|28 April 2023
|Last date of Application
|26 May 2023
VECC Kolkata JRF Admission 2023 Application Process
Candidates should sent their applications by email only at firstname.lastname@example.org and subject should written as “Application for engagement as Junior Research Fellow under CSIR-UGC Net Fellowship”.
Candidates should send their application as per application form which is available in the Home Page of VECC (vecc.gov.in) attaching all the photocopies of the mark sheets, certificates, 2 (two) recommendation letters issued by the faculty members of the institute last attended and other relevant testimonial.
Candidate is cautioned not to furnish any incomplete, false or misleading information or submit any document which is defective, forged or fabricated or otherwise not admissible or resort to any sort of malpractice during the selection process.
Notwithstanding verification of original documents during various stages of the selection process, if any such case is detected at any stage of the selection process or later on, this Centre reserves the right to withdraw/ cancel candidature or selection apart from taking other appropriate legal action.
Those who are in employment under any Central/State Govt. /Public Sector Undertakings/Corporations/Local Govt. etc. should submit a No Objection Certificate.