UGC DAE CSR Joint PhD Admission 2023– UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC-DAE CSR), invites applications for Admission into the PhD Programme for the academic year 2023-2024 Jointly with Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata and Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam.
Check full details on UGC DAE CSR Joint PhD Admission 2023 below here.
Related – UGC DAE CSR PhD Admission
Join Our Telegram Channel
About UGC DAE CSR
UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC-DAE CSR) is one of the premier research institutions in the country. It has advanced research facilities at Indore, Mumbai, Kolkata and Kalpakkam (Tamil Nadu).
UGC DAE CSR Joint PhD Program with DAE Centres
UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (CSR) is launching a Ph.D. program jointly with different centres of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) to promote research in frontline areas of science & technology by utilizing high-end in-house and mega research DAE facilities.
UGC-DAE CSR, along with RRCAT Indore, VECC Kolkata and IGCAR Kalpakkam have jointly launched a Ph.D. program that will support Ph.D. students to develop research carrer in a competitive, interdisciplinary, and highly collaborative environment.
The students selected for UGC-DAE CSR Indore, Kolkata Centres and the Kalpakkam Node will be registered at D.A.V.V. Indore, the University of Calcutta or Jadavpur University, and the University of Madras, respectively.
While the UGC-DAE CSR will provide fellowships for the students as per rules, the students can access the research facilities of both establishments.
UGC-DAE CSR Indore Centre & RRCAT, Indore
- Carrier dynamics in functional materials using transient spectroscopy
- Intricacies of local and average structures behind high piezoresponse in Bi-based perovskite oxides
- Low energy ion beam-induced nanostructuring in layered magnetic materials
- Soft x-ray absorption and reflectivity studies of thin films of low Z materials
UGC-DAE CSR Kolkata Centre & VECC, Kolkata
- Physical properties modification in iron-based compounds and alloys using ion-irradiation.
- Exploring fission dynamics of pre-actinides nuclei
UGC-DAE CSR Kalpakkam Node & IGCAR, Kalpakkam
- Ion beam synthesis and characterization with accelerators
- Synthesis and study of materials under extreme pressures
Eligibility Criteria for UGC DAE CSR PhD Admission 2023
M.Sc. degree (2020 or after) in Physics with a minimum of 60% overall marks (55% for reserved and women candidates) and must have either
- Qualified Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST-2023 rank within 200) and/or
- Valid CSIR-UGC NET and/or
- DST-Inspire Fellowship (Ph.D.)
UGC DAE CSR PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Starts Date of Online application||26 April 2023|
|Last date for submission of Online application||15 May 2023 17:30 hrs|
|Date & time of interview||will be intimated to|
the respective candidates
UGC DAE CSR PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online through the website https://application.csr.res.in/
- The applicant must indicate the preference of CSR Centres option in the application form.
- The selection of the students for the Ph.D. programme will be a two-step process: Screening of the applications, followed by an online interview of the shortlisted candidates by the Selection Committees.
- The exact date & time of interview will be intimated to the respective candidates along with other details.