UPRTOU PhD Admission 2022 – Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh invites application for PhD admission for the Academic Session 2022-23 through Pre-PhD Entrance Test 2022.
Check full details of UPRTOU PhD Admission 2022 such as, eligibility criteria, application process, application fee etc. below here.
UPRTOU PhD Programs
- Computer Science
- Nutrition Food and Dietetics
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Medieval and Modern History
- Political Science
- Business Administration and Business Management
- Sanskrit and Prakrit Language
- Hindi and Modern Indian Language
Eligibility Criteria for UPRTOU PhD Admission 2022
- A candidate for admission to the course of Ph.D. program shall have master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale or an equivalent grade in a point scale where ever grading system.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- The candidate should have passed his graduation with second division.
UPRTOU PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Online Registration Starts||07 June 2022|
|Last date to apply||06 July 2022|
|Last date to apply with late fee||15 July 2022|
|Application Form Correction Process||16-20 July 2022|
|Entrance Exam Admit Card Release||26 July 2022|
|UPRTOU PhD Entrance Test||20 August 2022|
|Result Declaration||Last week of Aug 2022|
UPRTOU PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online application through official website http://www.uprtou.ac.in/
Steps For Application
- Step 1: Application Form for Ph.D Entrance Test 2022
- Step 2: Upload Documents & Fill your Qualification Details
- Step 3: Make Entrance Fee Payment
|General/OBC (With late Fee)||Rs. 2000/-|
|SC/ST (With late Fee)||Rs. 1500/-|
UPRTOU PhD Admission 2022 Selection Process
- Selection will be based on entrance test and interview.
- Candidates who will meet the required cut off will be called for an interview.
- The overall merit list would be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the written test and interview.
- In the final merit, candidates would be given a weightage of 70% to the entrance test, 20% to the performance in the interview and maximum of 10% marks to the UGC NET/ CSIR NET/SLET/JRF etc. qualified applicants.
The procedure and criteria for declaration of result of UPRT Open University Pre-Ph.D. Programme, comprises the following steps:
Step I: Ph.D. Entrance Test
- UPRT Open University Ph.D. Entrance Test will be merely qualifying for selection process to Ph.D. Programme.
- For this the candidates are required to obtain the minimum 50 percent marks in the Entrance Test to be conducted. A relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be Test allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy Layer)/Differently-abled category and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time.
Step II : Interview
- A research proposal in the area of research interest of the applicant’s which will be submitted to the interview board.
- A power point presentation of the said research proposal by the applicant must be presented before the interview board. The presentation of tentative synopsis followed by an Interview shall be organized by the concerned school of studies.
- Candidates must bring all the relevant documents during interview.
Step III : Merit List
- As per availability of seats, admission for Ph.D. course work shall be given to the candidates on the basis of merit list. The reservation policy of Uttar Pradesh State Government will be followed in admission and other process.
- Amongst those candidates who have cleared Step-I, a merit list in 100 Points comprise of Entrance Test Marks, weightage marks and presentation of tentative synopsis followed by an Interview shall be prepared subject-wise and category wise.
UPRTOU Research Entrance Test (RET)
- There will be an objective type question paper of one and half hour duration (90 minutes) in Pre-Ph.D. Entrance Test containing 70 Multiple Choice Answer questions.
- The items of the Entrance Test will consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% will be subject specific.
- The Entrance test will be conducted at the University campus or examination centre(s) situated in Prayagraj city only as per number of examinees.
- The candidates can download their Admit card of UPRTOU Pre-Ph.D. entrance test session 2022, from the University website www.uprtou.ac.in from 26 July, 2022.
The Entrance Test syllabus is mentioned in information brochure.