UPRTOU PhD Admission 2023 – Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh invites application for PhD admission for the Academic Session 2023-24 through PhD Entrance Test 2023.
Check full details of UPRTOU PhD Admission 2023 such as, eligibility criteria, application process, application fee etc. below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
UPRTOU PhD Programs
- PhD Computer Science,
- PhD Nutrition Food and Dietetics,
- PhD Journalism and Mass Communication,
- PhD Medieval and Modern History,
- PhD Political Science,
- PhD Commerce,
- PhD Business Administration,
- PhD Education,
- PhD Sanskrit and Prakrit Language,
- PhD Statistics,
- PhD Hindi and Modern Indian Language,
- PhD Geography,
- PhD Ancient Indian History and Archaeology,
- PhD Mathematics,
- PhD Zoology,
PhD Seats 2023-24
|Subject||No. of Available Seats for 2023-24|
|Computer Science||04+(01 OBC & 01 SC Backlog)|
|Nutrition Food and Dietetics||01+ 02 SC Backlog|
|Journalism and Mass Communication||01+ (02 OBC & 01 EWS Backlog)|
|Medieval and Modern History||02 + 01 OBC Backlog|
|Political Science||01+01 SC Backlog|
|Commerce||01+01 SC Backlog|
|Business Administration||01+01 EWS Backlog|
|Education||10+ (02 SC & 01 EWS Backlog)|
|Sanskrit and Prakrit Language||02+01 SC Backlog|
|Statistics||01+02 SC Backlog|
|Hindi and Modern Indian Language||04+01 SC Backlog|
|Geography||02+01 SC Backlog|
|Ancient Indian History and Archaeology||02|
Eligibility Criteria for UPRTOU PhD Admission 2023
- First year/2 semester master’s degree programme after a 4–year/8 semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2 year/4 semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with the least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in the country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4- year/8 semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
- Candidates who have completed the M. Phil. Programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
Concern/Allied/Relevant Subject/Area/Discipline at Master’s Degree Level
|Subject||Concern/Allied/Relevant Subject/Area/Discipline at Master’s Degree Level|
|Computer Science||Master’s Degree in Computer Science/ Computer Application/ Information Technology/ M.Sc. (CS)/M.Sc. (IT)/ MCA/ M. Tech. (CS) /M. Tech. (IT)|
|Nutrition Food and Dietetics||Master’s Degree in Food and Nutrition/ Nutritional Science/Home Science/Community Health/Public Health/Food Technology/Food Science|
|Journalism and Mass Communication||Master’s Degree in Mass Communication and Journalism/Advertising & Public Relations/Media Governance/Film Study/Visual Effects and Animation/Broadcast Journalism/ Convergent Journalism/Development Communication/Health Communication and YOGA/ Action Sociology/Social Work/Media Business Management/Corporate Communication/Hindi/English|
|Medieval and Modern History||Master’s Degree in History/ Medieval and Modern History/ Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology/Political Science|
|Political Science||Master’s Degree in Political Science/Defence Studies/Gandhi and Studies/Human Rights and Duties Education/ Peace Studies/ Women Studies|
|Education||M.Ed./ M.Ed. (Special Education) or Master’s Degree in Education/Psychology/Philosophy/Sociology/Yoga/Adult Education/Adult and Continuing Education/Distance Education/Lifelong Learning and Extension/Population Education|
|Sanskrit and Prakrit Language||Master’s Degree in Sanskrit or Equivalent|
|Statistics||M.Sc. (Statistics), M.Sc. (Bio-Statistics), M.Sc. (Mathematical Statistics), M.Sc. (Agricultural Statistics), M.Sc. (Applied Statistics), M.A. (Statistics)|
|Hindi and Modern Indian Language||Master’s Degree in Hindi or Equivalent|
|Geography||Master’s Degree in Geography/Environmental Science/Rural Development and Planning/Geology (Geomorphology)/Geophysics (Climatology, Hydrology, Watershed Management)/ Statistics (Population Studies)/ Economics (Regional and Area Development and Planning)|
|Ancient Indian History and Archaeology||Master’s Degree in Jain and Buddhist Studies/Archaeology/Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology/Museology/Indian Culture/History|
|Mathematics||Mathematics [M.Sc./M.A. (Mathematics), M.Sc./M.A. (Applied Mathematics)] M.Sc. (Operations Research)|
|Zoology||M.Sc. (Zoology), M.Sc. (Fisheries/Fish Biology) M.Sc. (Life Sciences), M.Sc. (Biotechnology), M.Sc. (Genetics) & Allied subjects|
UPRTOU PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Date for Online Registration, Application & Deposition of Entrance Examination Fee through University||01 June, 2023|
|Last Date for Online Registration, Application and Deposition of Entrance Examination Fee||25 June, 2023|
|Last Date for Online Registration, Application and Deposition of Entrance Examination Fee with late fee||03 July, 2023|
|Online Application correction period from||04 July 2023 to 09 July 2023|
|Availability of Admit Cards on University Website||18 July 2023|
|Date of UPRTOU PhD Entrance Test 2023||25 July 2023|
|Declaration of UPRTOU PhD Entrance Test Result on University Website||31 July 2023|
UPRTOU PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online application through official website http://www.uprtou.ac.in/
Steps to Fill Application Form
- Step 1 The candidate will have to visit the official website of UPRTOU i.e. www.uprtou.ac.in to register and apply online.
- Step 2 On visiting the homepage of UPRTOU, you will have to search for the link ‘Online Pre-Ph.D. Entrance Test 2023-24′.
- Step 3 On clicking the link, the candidate will be directed to a new page and will have to click on the link ‘Click Here for Registration’.
- Step 4 Once it is open, now you will have to fill up all the required information such as personal and academic details.
- Step 5 Once all the details are filled, you are required to upload desired scanned documents, images of your passport-sized photograph and signature. The image should be in JPG/JPEG format and its size should not exceed as per mentioned size.
- Step 6 After the images have been successfully uploaded, you have to proceedfor payment of the application fee.
- Step 7 The General/OBC candidate has to payRs.1500/- and Rs.2000/ with late fee. The SC/ST candidate has to pay Rs.1000/- and Rs 1500/ with late fee.The mode of paymentwill be online only i.e. via Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card. etc
- Step 8 Once the payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and an SMS on the registered mobile number.
- Step 9 After all the due formalities are completed, candidates are advised to take a print out of the confirmation page as it will come handy for future purposes.
- Step10 If there is any correction required in filled information’s, the candidate will be able to correct them in the prescribed correction period as mentioned in important dates title of this brochure.
|General/OBC (With late Fee)||Rs. 2000/-|
|SC/ST (With late Fee)||Rs. 1500/-|
UPRTOU PhD Admission 2023 Selection Process
- Selection will be based on entrance test and interview.
- Candidates who will meet the required cut off will be called for an interview.
- The overall merit list would be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the written test and interview.
- In the final merit, candidates would be given a weightage of 70% to the entrance test, 20% to the performance in the interview and maximum of 10% marks to the UGC NET/ CSIR NET/SLET/JRF etc. qualified applicants.
The procedure and criteria for declaration of result of UPRT Open University Pre-Ph.D. Programme, comprises the following steps:
Step I: Ph.D. Entrance Test
- UPRT Open University Ph.D. Entrance Test will be merely qualifying for selection process to Ph.D. Programme.
- For this the candidates are required to obtain the minimum 50 percent marks in the Entrance Test to be conducted. A relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be Test allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy Layer)/Differently-abled category and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time.
Step II : Interview
- A research proposal in the area of research interest of the applicant’s which will be submitted to the interview board.
- A power point presentation of the said research proposal by the applicant must be presented before the interview board. The presentation of tentative synopsis followed by an Interview shall be organized by the concerned school of studies.
- Candidates must bring all the relevant documents during interview.
Step III : Merit List
- As per availability of seats, admission for Ph.D. course work shall be given to the candidates on the basis of merit list. The reservation policy of Uttar Pradesh State Government will be followed in admission and other process.
- Amongst those candidates who have cleared Step-I, a merit list in 100 Points comprise of Entrance Test Marks, weightage marks and presentation of tentative synopsis followed by an Interview shall be prepared subject-wise and category wise.
Merit List Preparation Criteria
|S.N.||Particulars||Maximum Marks||Maximum Point|
|(i) UGC-JRF (including JRF UGC-CSIR/GATE in the Concern Subject (Maximum 10 Marks)|
|(ii) UGC-NET (including NET, UGC CSIR/GATE/SLET/ Teacher Fellowship Holder/have Passed M.Phil. Programme in the Concern Subject (Maximum 5 Marks)|
|3.||Presentation of Tentative Synopsis through PPT and Interview||20||20|
UPRTOU Research Entrance Test (RET)
- There will be an objective type question paper of one and half hour duration (90 minutes) in Pre-Ph.D. Entrance Test containing 70 Multiple Choice Answer questions.
- The items of the Entrance Test will consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% will be subject specific.
- The Entrance test will be conducted at the University campus or examination centre(s) situated in Prayagraj city only as per number of examinees.
- The candidates can download their Admit card of UPRTOU Pre-Ph.D. entrance test session 2023, from the University website www.uprtou.ac.in from 18 July, 2023.
The Entrance Test syllabus is mentioned in information brochure.
|Information Brochure||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|UPRTOU Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admission Notifications||Latest PhD Admission Notifications|
|Admissions in Uttar Pradesh||Admissions in Uttar Pradesh|
Join Our Telegram Channel
UPRTOU PhD Admission 2022
|Online Registration Starts||07 June 2022|
|Last date to apply||06 July 2022|
|Last date to apply with late fee||15 July 2022|
|Application Form Correction Process||16-20 July 2022|
|Entrance Exam Admit Card Release||26 July 2022|
|UPRTOU PhD Entrance Test||20 August 2022|
|Result Declaration||Last week of Aug 2022|