UGC NET 2022 – National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC) has released the notification for the National Eligibility Test (NET) Examination for December 2021 and June 2022 (merged cycles).
Check full details on UGC NET 2022 below here.
- Examination for Telugu (27) and Marathi (38) of UGC-NET December 2021 and June 2022 (merged cycles) Postponed. Dates will be declared later.
- Admit Cards for the examination to be held on 09 July 2022 for concerned subject(s) are available now.
- Schedule for First Phase declared.
- Examination dates for UGC-NET December 2021 and June 2022 merged cycles declared
Related – CSIR NET
UGC NET Exam
- UGC-NET is a test to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges.
- The selection of candidates for the following Fellowships of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the Ministry of Minorities Affairs is also made through the UGC-NET:
- National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students (NFSC)
- National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes (NFOBC)
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students (MANF)
- Candidates aspiring for the Fellowships listed above, shall also have to apply for the Test.
UGC NET Exam 2022
The December 2021 and June 2022 (merged cycles) of UGC NET will be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
|Organization||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Online Application Mode||Online Only|
|Application Dates||30 April – 20 May 2022|
|Exam Dates||09, 11, 12 July 2022 and 12, 13, 14 August 2022|
UGC NET 2022 Important Dates
|UGC NET 2022 Application form||30 April 2022|
|The last date to apply for UGC NET 2022 exam||20 May 2022 (upto to 05:00 P.M)|
|Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only||21 May 2022 to 23 May 2022|
|NET exam Admit Card 2022||Available for 09 July 2022 Exam|
|UGC NET 2022 Exam Date||09, 11, 12 July 2022 and 12, 13, 14 August 2022|
|NET exam Answer Key Release Date 2022||To be notified|
|UGC NET 2022 Result Announcement||To be notified|
UGC NET 2022 Exam Subject Wise Schedule
Date and Subject- wise Schedule for UGC-NET December 2021 and June 2022 (Merged Cycles) Phase 1 –
Day 1 (09.07.2022, Saturday)
|S. No.||Subject Code||Name of Subjects|
|6||39||French (French version)|
|13||65||Performing Art – Dance/Drama/Theatre|
|15||90||Politics including International Relations/International Studies including Defence/Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, and American Studies,|
|20||73||Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama)|
|21||81||Social Medicine and Community Health|
|24||55||Labour Welfare / Personnel Management / Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare / Human Resource Management,|
Day 2 (11.07.2022, Monday)
|S. No.||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|27||11||Defence & Strategic Studies|
|30||59||Library & Information Science|
Day 3 (12.07.2022, Tuesday)
|S. No.||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|33||92||Human Rights & Duties|
UGC NET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit and Relaxation
- Not more than 31 years as on 1st day of the month in which the examination is concluded i.e. 01.06.2022 (This age limit is applicable for the current examination only).
- Relaxation of 5 years is provided in the upper age limit for OBC-NCL /SC/ST/PwD/Third gender categories and to women applicants.
- Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates with L.L.M. degree. A relaxation of upto 5 years is provided to the candidates who have served in the armed forces subject to the length of service in the armed forces upto the first day of the month in which the concerned UGC-NET is to be held.
- Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
For Assistant Professor
- There is no upper age limit for applying for Assistant Professor
- General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC (available on the website: www.ugc.ac.in in Humanities and Social Science (including languages), Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. List of subjects at Post Graduation level is available in information brochure.
- The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PwD)/Third gender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/eligibility for Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of OBC-NCL/ SC / ST / PwD / Third gender category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to the Third gender category are eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and Eligibility Criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ST/PwD categories. The subject-wise qualifying cut-offs for this category would be the lowest among those for SC / ST / PwD / OBC–NCL / General-EWS categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination have been completed by 19 September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET. The list of Post-Graduation courses and their codes is given at Appendix – VI in information brochure.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post-Graduation only. The candidates, whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of NET subjects attached as Appendix -V, may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/ institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/ certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in).
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR/ JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
UGC NET 2022 Application Process
- Candidate can apply for December 2021 and June 2022 Cycle (June 2022) of UGC NET through “Online” mode only. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
- Submission of Online Application Form may be done by accessing the NTA website https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. multiple Application Forms submitted by a candidate will not be accepted.
- Candidates must read Information Bulletin available on the NTA Website
Steps to Apply Online:
- Step-1: Apply for Online Registration using own Email Id and Mobile No.
- Step-2: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application Number. Upload scanned images of: (i) a recent photograph (file size 10Kb – 200Kb) either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background; (ii) candidate’s signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb)
- Step-3: Pay fee using SBI/CANARA/ICICI/HDFC Bank/ Debit Card/Credit Card/UPI and keep proof of fee paid.
- Download, save and print a copy of Confirmation Page of the Application Form (which would be downloadable only after successful remittance of fee) for future reference.
|For General/Unreserved Candidates||Rs. 1100/-|
|For Gen-EWS / OBC-NCL Candidates||Rs. 550/-|
|For SC/ST/ PwD/ Third Gender Candidates||Rs. 275/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
UGC NET 2022 Admit Card
- Candidate has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website and appear for the Exam at the given Centre on date, shift, time and discipline as indicated in his/her Admit Card
- In case a candidate is unable to download Admit Card from the website, he/she may approach the Help Line of NTA between 09:30 am to 5:30 pm or write to NTA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admit Card for Exam on 11 & 12 July 2022 will be available soon.
UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of objective type, multiple choice questions. There will be no break between papers.
UGC NET 2022 Subject & Syllabus
- Paper I – The questions in Paper I intend to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate
- Paper II – This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (CBT) mode|
|Question Paper Language||English & Hindi only|
|Duration of Exam||03 hours (180 minutes) without any break|
|Types of Questions||objective type, multiple choice questions|
|No. of Questions||Paper I – 150 questions Paper II – 100 questions|
|Total Marks||Paper I – 100 Marks Paper II – 200 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||Each question carries 02 (two) marks. For each correct response, the candidate will get 02 (two) marks.|
|Negative Marking||There is no negative marking for incorrect response.|