TIFR Mumbai Admission 2022– Application are invited by Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for Graduate School Admissions 2022. TIFR Mumbai admits students through TIFR GS and JEST.
Check more details about TIFR Mumbai Admission 2022 below here.
TIFR Mumbai Programs
PhD and Integrated MSc-PhD Programmes Physics
- Department of Condensed Matter Physics & Materials Science
- Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Department of High Energy Physics
- Department of Nuclear & Atomic Physics
- Department of Theoretical Physics
PhD and Integrated MSc-PhD Programmes Mathematics
- School of Mathematics, TIFR Mumbai
PhD and Integrated MSc-PhD Programmes Chemistry
- Department of Chemical Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai
PhD, Integrated MSc-PhD and MSc Programmes Biology
- Department of Biological Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai
PhD and Integrated MSc-PhD Programmes Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications Machine Learning)
- School of Technology & Computer Science (STCS), TIFR, Mumbai
Typical Course Duration
- Ph.D. Programme: 5 Years
- Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme: 6 Years
- M.Sc.Programme: See details in respective programme.
- For Ph.D. and I-Ph.D. programmes, the academic year starts from August 1, every year. The academic year for M.Sc. programme begins from July 1, every year.
- Ph.D. Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 31,000/- (+ hostel accommodation OR HRA as applicable) enhanced to Rs 35,000/- after registration.
- I-Ph.D. Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 21,000/- (+ hostel accommodation OR HRA as applicable) for the first year. At the end of the first year, upon satisfactory performance, the fellowship is enhanced to Rs 31,000/- per month (further raised to Rs 35,000/- after registration for Ph.D.).
- M.Sc. (Biology) Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 16,000/- (+HRA as applicable).
- M.Sc. (Wildlife Biology & Conservation) Students receive a monthly fellowship of Rs 12,000/- (fixed).
Accommodation is provided to Ph.D. and I-Ph.D. students only, at a nominal cost.
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research conducts TIFR GS Exam for Graduate School Admissions. This exam is for admission into MSc, PhD and Integrated M.Sc. – PhD Degree Programmes into TIFR (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research) and others.
TIFR GS 2022 Results
|DBS, Biology, I-PhD/M.Sc.||List|
|DBS, Biology, PhD||List|
|Computer & Sys.|
Shortlisted Candidates & Interview Schedule for TIFR, Mumbai
|DBS, Biology, I-PhD/M.Sc.||Online||May 9-14, 2022||Int. Shortlist|
|DBS, Biology, PhD||Online||May 15-20, 2022||Int. Shortlist|
|Chemistry||Online||March 1-4, 2022||Int. Shortlist|
|Mathematics||Online||April 18-20, 2022||Int. Shortlist|
|Computer & Sys.|
|Physics||Online||April 4-7, 2022||Int. Shortlist|
Check Full details – TIFR GS
Application invited for Admission to PhD / Integrated MSc.-PhD programmes in Physics for TIFR, Mumbai through JEST-2022 Written Test.
- For Ph.D.
- M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, or equivalent, on completion of programmes(s) of duration not less than 5 years in total.
- For Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D.
- M.E./M.Tech./B.Sc./B.S./B.E./ B.Tech./B.Chem. in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
Students who have ranked within 60 in JEST2022 (in either Ph.D. or Integrated Ph.D. list) are eligible to apply.
Students who have appeared for the TIFR written test for GS2022 and/or attended interview are ALSO eligible to apply.
Note: Final interview shortlist will be decided from amongst the eligible applications received.
LAST date for application: May 25, 2022
More details – Click Here