PRSU Prayagraj PhD Admission 2023 – Prof. Rajendra Singh (Rajju Bhaiya) University (PRSU) Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh invites application for PhD admission 2023 through Doctoral Entrance Test DET 2023.
Check full details on PRSU Prayagraj PhD Admission 2023 below where.
Join Our Telegram Channel
PRSU Prayagraj PhD Programs
PRSUDET-2023 shall be held in the following subjects ONLY. Applicants should select the subject in which he/she wishes to take admission –
|PhD Ancient History, Culture and Archaeology||44|
|PhD Political Science||47|
|PhD Defence and Strategic studies||13|
|PhD Social Work||08|
|PhD Home Science||08|
|PhD Medieval and Modern History||23|
|PhD Agriculture Extension||07|
|PhD Agriculture Soil Science||09|
|PhD Agriculture Plant Breeding||06|
|PhD Agriculture Horticulture||10|
|PhD Agriculture Economics||13|
Eligibility Criteria for PRSU Prayagraj PhD Admission 2023
- A 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2- year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
PRSU Prayagraj PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Start of Application Form||14 Feb 2023|
|Last date for Application Form (Extended)||31 March 2023|
|Downloading of Admit Cards Online only||25 April 2023|
|Entrance Examination Dates (Revised)||02 May 2023|
PRSU Prayagraj PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Interested applicants may apply online through University website: https://prsuniv.ac.in
- Applicant must upload his/her recent coloured photograph at the given space of the online application form.
- The name of the applicants must be the same as given in the mark sheet/grade sheet of the 10th Class.
- The information given in the online application form will be verified with the original documents at the time of interview. If it is found that an applicant has provided incorrect or false information or withheld some relevant information at the time of filling up the online application form, the applicant shall be debarred from admission or admission can be cancelled at any stage during the course of study without giving prior notice.
- An applicant shall ordinarily be permitted to work for Ph.D. degree in the subject in which he/she has obtained his/her Master’s Degree. However, research work leading to Ph.D. degree may be allowed in allied subject of interdisciplinary nature of the same faculty or of allied faculties. In such cases, applicants may be permitted to work under one or two co-supervisors along with the supervisor. But the candidate has to qualify the entrance test in the subject in which he/she wants to take admission.
Steps to Fill Application form
- Step 1 Registration
- Applicants have to fill the relevant details in the form provided. These fields cannot be edited later.
- Applicants will receive their login details in the mobile number and email ID provided at the time of registration.
- Step 2 Personal Details
- Applicants have to enter their personal details
- Step 3 Educational Qualifications
- Applications have to fill their educational qualifications.
- Step 4 Upload photo and signature
- Applicants have to upload their photo and scanned signature. Step 5 Select Subject
- Applicants have to select the subject in which they would like to seek admission.
- Applicants have to ensure that they are eligible for admission to the selected subject.
- Step 6 Preview
- Applicants can preview all the entries made at this point. If there is some error they can edit these or start the entire process again. Once they have submitted the application fee the date submitted in the registration page cannot be edited under any circumstances.
- Step 7 Application Fee
- If all the entries in the application form are correct the applicant can submit the form and proceed for payment the application fees.
- Form fees can be submitted by any of the following ways – Credit Card, Debit Card, Net banking
- Step 8 Print Application form
- Applicants can print their complete application form and fee receipt to complete the application process.
PRSU Prayagraj PhD Admission 2023 Selection Process
Selection of candidates will be through PhD Entrance Test (PRSUDET-2023).
Exemption from appearing at Entrance Examination of PRSUDET-2023
- The students who have qualified for fellowship/scholarship in UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET/GATE/CEED and similar other National level tests shall be exempted from the entrance test but they have to appear in the interview.
- It is mandatory for all candidates (including the candidates who are exempted from Entrance Examination) to fill the online application form by due date(s).
PRSU Prayagraj PhD Entrance Test (PRSUDET-2023) Details
Ph.D. Entrance test (PRSUDET-2023) comprises of two level:
- Level-1: Entrance Examination.
- Level-2: Interview by Departmental Research Committee (DRC)
All successful candidates in Entrance Examination shall have to appear for Interview. Candidates shall be admitted to Ph.D. programme only after approval of DRC.
The candidates must score minimum 50% marks [(45% for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layers/differently abled category] marks in the entrance examination to qualify for the interview. A list of the candidates eligible for
interview will be notified on the university website.
University Teaching Departments (UTDs) of Prof. Rajendra Singh (Rajju Bhaiya) University, Prayagraj and nearby institutions.
Question Paper Pattern
- The question paper of entrance examination shall have two parts: Part-A and Part B.
- Each part shall consist of 50 MCQs of 1 mark each.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Time – 2 Hours
- All the applicants who have qualified the entrance examination (including those who were exempted from the entrance examination) shall have to appear in the interview for admission in Ph.D.
- The interview shall be conducted by the Departmental Research Committee (DRC) of the concerned subject.
- The date of interview in each subject will be notified on the website of the University.
- The candidates are expected to bring the No Objection Letter from the proposed Supervisor and Co-supervisor (if applicable) duly forwarded from the Head of the research centre (s).
- The candidates should also bring with them the following documents:
- a. Original certificates and mark sheets along with a self-attested copy of each of the certificate and mark sheet of 10th, 12th, Graduation, Post-graduation and NET-JRF etc.
- b. Original documents along with a self-attested copy of SC/ ST/ OBC-non-creamy layer/Divyang, UP domicile certificate and income certificate (if applicable) to claim the benefit of reservation and relaxation of marks in the entrance examination.
- The candidates are required to discuss their research interest / area through a presentation before a duly constituted DRC. The interview/viva-voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research.
- the research work can be suitably undertaken at the research centre.
- the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- The evaluation in interview will be based on 100 marks to be allocated in the following criteria, each of 25 marks:
- (i) Research plan
- (ii) Research potential/ aptitude
- (iii) Communication skills
- (iv) Subject knowledge in the respective area of research.
- The final merit list shall be prepared giving 70% and 30% weightage to marks obtained in entrance examination and interview, respectively and be notified on the University website.
- The final merit list shall be prepared to marks obtained from interview only who exempted from entrance examination
Part – A
|TEACHING & RESEARCH APTITUDE||Download|
Part – B
|Ancient History,Culture and Archaeology||Download|
|Defence and Strategic Studies||Download|
|Medieval and Modern History||Download|
PRSU Prayagraj PhD Entrance Test (PRSUDET-2023) Admit Card
Applicants can download their Admit card from University website –
Allocation of Supervisor
- The allocation of the supervisor for a selected applicant shall finally be decided by the DRC in a formal manner depending on the available seats with the supervisor, the available specialization among the supervisors and the research interest of the applicant as indicated during the interview.
- In case Supervisor is not working at the research centre, a Co-supervisor may be allotted from the research centre to guide and monitor the research scholar at the centre.
- The list of supervisors with tentative vacant seats is available at https://www.prsuniv.ac.in
- In case of topics which are of inter-disciplinary nature where the DRC feels that the expertise in the research centre has to be supplemented from outside, the DRC may appoint a Research Supervisor from the university, who shall be known as the Research Supervisor, and a Co-Supervisor from outside the Research centre/ Faculty / College/ University on such terms and conditions as may be specified and agreed upon by the consenting Institutions/Colleges.
PRSU Prayagraj PhD Admission Part Time Mode
- Ph.d. programme through part time mode will be permitted, provided all the conditions stipulated in PRSU Ph.D. ordinance-2022.
- The candidate will have to provide a “No Objection Certificate” for a part-time Ph.D. programme from the appropriate authority in the organization where the candidate is employed, clearly stating that:
- The candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis.
- His/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for research.
- If required, he/she will be relieved from the duty to complete the course work.
PRSU Prayagraj PhD Admission 2023 Results
|Application Form||Click Here|
|PRSU Prayagraj Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
|Admissions in Uttar Pradesh||Admissions in Uttar Pradesh|
PRSU Prayagraj PhD Admission 2020
|Start of Application Form||10 Sept 2020|
|Last date for Application Form||30 Sept 2020|