KMCLU Lucknow PhD Admission 2022-23: Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Language University (KMCLU) Lucknow invites application for PhD Admission 2022-23.
Check full details on KMCLU Lucknow PhD Admission 2022-23 here.
KMCLU Lucknow PhD Programs
PhD Admission Categories
- Full-Time Ph.D. Programme
- Part-Time Ph.D. Programme
- Part-time Ph.D. will be allowed provided all the other conditions mentioned in this Ph.D. Ordinance-2021 are met. A candidate shall be considered as a part-time Research Scholar if he/she is employed and has submitted a NOC from the Head Institution/Organization where he/she is employed.
- The Part-time research scholar shall stay at the place of research work for a minimum of 6 days per semester (residence period) during the whole period of research work and shall give an undertaking to this effect at the time of registration. Part-time Ph.D. scholar will not be eligible for any fellowship/scholarship from any source.
Full Time Vacant Seats for 2022-23
|English and Modern European & Asian Language
|Computer Science and Information Technology
|Home Science (Specialization: Human Development)
|Journalism and Mass Communication
Part Time Vacant Seats for 2022-23
|English and Modern European & Asian Language
Eligibility Criteria for KMCLU Lucknow PhD Admission 2022-23
- Master’s degree in the concerned subject or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be given to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commision from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- A person whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. program of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Language University, Lukcnow.
- The full time research scholar shall be the regular students of the University. However, Regular Teachers of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Language University will be allowed to receive salary payment from their parent institutions. They will be required to take leave for at least a period of six months and have to remain present for the entire period of course works. For the remaining period of the Programme their attendance at their respective Departments will be accepted.
- In case of a foreign national, whether self-financing or scholarship holder who is admitted through the Embassy/ High Commission of his/her country or admitted under a MoU with the foreign institutions shall be exempted from Research Entrance Test (RET) and interview/viva voce
KMCLU Lucknow PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Start of application forms
|31 December, 2022
|Last Date for submission of application form
|19 January, 2023
|Last Date for Online Submission of Application Form With Late Fee of Rs. 1,000/-
|27 January, 2023
|Admit Card Availability
|30 January, 2023
|Date of Entrance Test
|05 February, 2023 (Sunday)
KMCLU Lucknow PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online on the official website of university.
- Candidates are advised to read through the detailed application procedure available on the website.
|For General & OBC Candidates
|For SC/ST/PwD Candidates
KMCLU Lucknow PhD Admission 202-23 Selection Process
Full-Time Ph.D. Programme
- Admission will be given on the basis of entrance test and interview.
- The final selection of candidates for Ph.D. Programme shall be based on 70% weightage to the Research Entrance Test (RET) and 30% weightage to performance in the interview/viva-voce (including weightage to JRF/NET/ UP-SLET.
- All candidates desirous of taking admission to the Ph.D. programs of the University have to appear and qualify the Research Entrance Test-2022 (RET) conducted by the university.
- All candidates who qualify the RET with minimum 50% marks, will be called for interview. There will be 5% relaxation in marks for OBC/SC/ST candidates. i.e. 45% will be minimum qualifying marks for OBC/SC/ST candidates.
- Only the candidates who qualify the RET and appear for the interview, will be considered for the final merit.
- Candidates who qualify the RET but do not appear for the interview, will not be considered for the final merit.
- The marks of qualified candidates and non qualified candidates will be displayed only after the declaration of the final merit list.
Part-Time Ph.D. Programme
- The final selection of candidates for Part-time Ph.D. Programme shall be based on a separate test. 70% weightage shall be on a write-up of 1000 words submitted by the applicant and 30% weightage on the Work Experience; Academic Index; and Performance in the Interview/viva-voce.
- The Departmental Research Committee (DRC) shall be required to propose the names of such scholars (a maximum 03 times the declared number of seats) and seek final approval from the Vice-Chancellor.
- Any matter related to Part-time Ph.D. where the ordinances are silent shall be decided by the Vice Chancellor.
Merit List Preparation
- The overall merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the written test and interview. This list would be displayed on the University’s website as well as on the Department/University Notice Board.
- The break-up of mark will be as follows:
- Entrance Test Marks – 140
- Interview Marks – 60
- If two or more candidates have secured equal marks in the Merit Index, then the rank for admission will be determined as follow:
- If the Merit Index of candidates is same, first preference will be given to the candidate who has secured higher marks in written test.
- If the marks secured in written test is same and PG marks are also same, first preference will be given to the candidate whose date of birth falls earlier.
KMCLU Lucknow Research Entrance Test (RET) 2022 Details
- A Research Entrance Test (RET) would be conducted by the University, for all the candidates applying for the full-time Ph.D. program.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- There will be 140 questions in all. 70 questions would be for research methodology and 70 would be subject specific.
- The duration of written test will be of 2.30 hours.
- Candidates who have applied for Part-Time Ph.D. will be exempted from Research Entrance Test (RET).
- Paper I Research Methodology
- 70 Multiple Choice Questions of 1 mark each based on the Methodology to be answered in 75 minutes.
- Paper II Subject Specific
- 70 Multiple Choice Subject Specific Questions of 1 mark each to be answered in 75 minutes.
- The questions will be based on the syllabus prescribed by UGC/ University for Post Graduate Programs.