IPR Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2023 – Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) Gandhinagar invites application for PhD admission for session 2023.
Check full details on IPR Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2023 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
About IPR Gandhinagar
- Institute for Plasma Research (IPR) is a premier scientific research institute under the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, located in Bhat Village, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- IPR is engaged in the development of plasma technologies for societal benefits and fusion research.
- It is also a domestic agency of ITER (International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor, Cadarache France) and a part of consortium in the international LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational Observatory) program.
- It has extension laboratories at Facilitation Center for Industrial Plasma Technologies in Gandhinagar, Gujarat and Center for Plasma Physics (CPP) at Guwahati.
Areas of research at the Institute include a wide spectrum of topics in experimental and Theoretical physics.
The Institute provides exciting opportunities and excellent facilities to work on high Technology areas such as –
- Large ultra high vacuum systems
- Spectroscopy, mm-Wave, Visible, UV and X-ray
- Laser induced florescence
- X-ray/Visible Tomography
- Nuclear detection techniques
- Electron Cyclotron Emission
- Atomic and Molecular physics, Charge exchange, Multiple Ionisation, Recombination spectroscopy etc.
- Surface Plasma Interactions
- High-Voltage and High-Current Pulsed Power Systems
- Sophisticated Control, Monitoring and Data Acquisition Systems.
- Transport (particle and energy)
- Non-Linear phenomena
- Generation and destruction of magnetic energy stored in current filaments
- Dusty Plasmas & Coulomb Crystals
- Particle acceleration
- Relativistic Electron beams.
- Non-neutral Plasma.
- Collective Phenomena
- Anomalous and Classical transport
- Non-linear phenomena ( involves concepts in plasma physics, many-body theory, statistical mechanics, fluid dynamics, quantum chromodynamic field theories, plasma astrophysics etc.), Chaos & Turbulence
- Dusty plasmas
- Free electron lasers
- Computer simulations
IPR Gandhinagar PhD Physics Programs
Candidates are invited to pursue doctoral research in theory, experiment and computational plasma physics at IPR on wide variety of fields such as Dusty plasma, Laser-Plasma interaction, Industrial Plasma, Fusion Plasma, Tokamaks and Radio frequency Discharges and Applications etc.
The selected Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) will be eligible for registration in the Ph.D. programme of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI) (deemed to be university) subject to fulfillment of HBNI/UGC norms.
IPR Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Opening date for Online Application||08th May 2023 (Time: 10:00 AM, IST)|
|Closing date for Online Application||22nd May 2023 (Time: 5:00 PM, IST)|
|Interview||8-12 Nov 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for IPR Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2023
- The candidates MUST have qualified at least one of the following national level examinations
- JEST 2023 (in Physics)
- GATE in Physics (Paper code PH) valid for 2021/2022/2023
- CSIR–UGC-JRF-NET in December 2022 or June 2022 in Physical Sciences (Subject code PHY).
- Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics with a minimum aggregate of 60%.
- Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics courses at the undergraduate level.
- Candidates expecting a Master’s degree (M. Sc.) in the year 2023 can also apply.
- BS/B.Sc. (4-years) in Physics with a minimum aggregate of 75% can also apply.
- Not more than 26 years as on 1st August 2023 (born on or after 01/08/1997).
- Age relaxation is admissible to SC/ST/OBC/PWD etc. as per Gov. of India orders on the subject from time to time.
- Age relaxation SC/ST 5 Years; OBC 3 Years & Persons with disability (PWD) of all categories 10 Years.
IPR Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates can fill the online application form available in the IPR website www.ipr.res.in
- Read instruction given here carefully before filing application form.
Procedure for Filling Application Form Online
- STEP 1: Enrolment/Registration.
- STEP 2: Login.
- STEP 3: Profile Filling/Save/Edit.
- STEP 4: Uploading of supporting documents and photograph
- STEP 5: Submit /Edit your application form
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for an interview.
- The final selection of the candidates shall be based on performance in the interview
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Personal Interview (PI).
- The candidates will be paid To and Fro Sleeper class Rail Fare to appear interview in IPR.
- Even respecting to the Force Majeure conditions or due to the prevailing COVID-19 situation, IPR reserves right to conduct interview online also.
Stipend & Facilities
- Consolidated stipend of Rs. 31,000/- per month for first two years and Rs. 35,000/- per month for the next three years.
- Book grant of Rs. 40,000/- per year.
- Medical facility will be provided at a nominal charge. House rent allowance (HRA) as per IPR rules and regulations for those candidates who choose NOT to stay in IPR hostel.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|IPR Gandhinagar Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admission Notifications||Latest PhD Admission Notifications|
|Admissions in Gujarat||Admissions in Gujarat|
Join Our Telegram Channel
IPR Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2021
IPR Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Opening date for Online Application:||13 Sept 2021 (Time: 10:00 AM,IST)|
|Closing date for Online Application (Extended)||11 Oct 2021 (Time: 5:00 PM,IST)|
|Online-Interview||8-12 Nov 2021|
IPR Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2021 Results
- Important instructions for online interview
- List of Candidates to be interviewed on 8th Nov 2021
- List of Candidates to be interviewed on 9th Nov 2021
- List of Candidates to be interviewed on 10th Nov 2021
- List of Candidates to be interviewed on 11th Nov 2021
- List of Candidates to be interviewed on 12th Nov 2021
IPR Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2020
|Opening Date for Online Application||21st June 2020|
|Closing Date for Online Application||10th July 2020|
|Commencement of Online-Interview||28th July 2020|