IACS PhD Admissions 2021 – Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) Jadavpur, Kolkata invites application for PhD Admission for autumn semester 2021.
Check more details on IACS PhD Admissions 2021 below here.
PhD positions to be filled up by the following Schools
- School of Physical Sciences
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Materials Science
- School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Sciences
Eligibility Criteria IACS PhD Admissions 2021
- 55% or equivalent in masters is mandatory for general candidates, while for SC/ST/OBC (noncreamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories 50% marks is necessary
- Only the students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/GATE/JEST/INSPIRE/equivalent national level examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their agencies and institutions, allowing entry into PhD program will be considered eligible to seek admission in the PhD program of IACS.
- Selection of the regular full-time students will be done on the basis of their academic record, their performance in UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ GATE /JEST/ INSPIRE/ equivalent national level examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their agencies and institutions, allowing entry into PhD program, and finally, their performance in the written test and/or interview (as decided by the respective schools).
- Relaxation of the selection criteria for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories will be levied according to the norms of UGC and Government of India.
Should be below 28 years on the date of application. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government of India rule.
The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
As per IACS/CSIR/UGC/INSPIRE rules.
- Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of merit.
- In this regard, percentage of marks obtained in Bachelors (including particulars like specialization etc.) & Masters, year of passing, present status/enrolment, qualification details of NET (type of NET whether UGC or CSIR)/GATE/JEST exams including ranks, INSPIRE fellowship and qualification information in other equivalent national level examination conducted by Central Government Departments and their agencies and institutions should be mentioned in the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated via email and called for a written test and/or interview (to be decided by the school) towards the final selection.
IACS PhD Admissions 2021 Important Dates
|Start of Online Application||11 May 2021|
|Last date of submission of Application||11 June 2021|
|Tentative date of interview||21 June to 03 July 2021|
IACS PhD Admissions 2021 Application Process
- Applicants may send their application form to the Academic Office, IACS ([email protected]) along with the filled up excel file (both are available at http://iacs.res.in/phd-student.html by clicking “Application Form for admission to the PhD program” and “Synopsis of Applicant for admission to PhD program”).
- Duly filled in applications in the prescribed format should be sent by email ([email protected]) to the academic office by 11 June, 2021.
- The subject line should be marked as “PhD Program, IACS – Autumn Semester 2021″.
|For General & Other candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
|For reserved candidates||Rs. 600/-|
Ph.D. Admission Notification for Autumn Semester 2021 – Download
For more details and for application form – visit
Previous Years Admissions
IACS PhD Admissions 2020
|Start of Online Application||24 February 2020|
|Last date of submission of Online Application (Extended)||30 June 2020|