DIAT Pune MoD Sponsored PhD Admission Jan 2023 – Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) Pune, Deemed to be University (DIAT) under Dept. of Defence R&D / DRDO – Ministry of Defence, invites application for PhD Admission under Category – MoD Sponsored (DRDO & Services) for Jan 2023 session.
About DIAT Pune
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) is Technological Institute of National repute for higher learning. The Institute imparts education and training in Advanced Technologies used for Tri-services, DRDO, DPSUs, etc. DIAT found its roots in 1952 as a training institute that has grown over the years into a premier teaching and research institute for DRDO and the Armed Forces.
Available PhD Programs
Details of Department-wise vacancies for admission to PhD Programme Jan 2023 –
|Sr. No.||Department||Subject/Research Area||Vacancies under MoD Sponsored|
|1||Aerospace Engineering||Aerodynamics, Flight Mechanics||02|
|2||School of Materials and Chemical Sciences||Thermal Barrier Coatings, Materials Science / Polymer Nanocomposites, Supercapacitor and battery type electrode materials, Piezoelectric materials, Armor materials, Coating materials, Composite materials, Computational Materials Engineering, Energy Materials, Machine Learning, Microstructural modelling, Organic Photovoltaics, Phase-field modelling, Modelling and Simulation of Batteries and Supercapacitors, High Energy Materials, propellants, pyrotechnics.||06|
|3||School of Computer Engineering and Mathematical Science.||Quantum Machine Learning, CPS, IOT Security, VR/AR/AI, Applied Maths, Fluid Mechanics, Machine learning, App. Cryptography, Post Quantum Cryptography, Secure Software Engg., AIML, Deep Learning, GANs, Computer vision, NLP, OS/Cyber Security, Malware, Program Optimization, Machine learning, Data Science.||16|
|4||Applied Physics||Free Space Optical Communication, Under Water Optical Communication, Bio-Photonic, Ultrafast Photonics.||03|
|5||Electronics Engineering||RF/Microwave Antenna Radar, Radar Signal Processing, RF Photonics, Low RCS targets detection, Signal Processing, Machine Learning, Robotics, UAV Radar, RFID, Wireless Power Transfer, Antennas for Automotive, Smart Gloves, Wearables, Microelectronics, VLSI, SOC, Machine Learning ASIC Design.||05|
|6||Mechanical Engineering||Composite Structure, FEM, Solid Mechanics, Nano Indentation, Deformation Behaviour, Tribology, Fluid Mechanics, CFD, Heat Transfer, Composite structures, Adhesively Boarded Joints, Fracture Mechanics, FGM, Experimental Fluid Mechanics, Flow Separation and control, Blast, FSI, Terramechnics CFD, Blast Valve.||07|
|7||School of Robotics||Underwater Robotics, Aerial Robotics, Swarn Robotics, Control, AI, ML based Control, Microcontroller Design, Robot Dynamics & Control||03|
|9||School of Quantum Technology||Quantum Computing, Quantum Metrology & Sensing, Quantum Materials, Quantum Simulation & Quantum Machine learning.||04|
DIAT Pune MoD Sponsored PhD Admission Jan 2023 Important Dates
|Last Date of receipt of Hard copy of application||13 Jan 2023|
|Tentative Date of Interview / Written Test||24 Jan 2023|
|Tentative date of commencement of the program||4th week of Jan 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for DIAT Pune MoD Sponsored PhD Admission Jan 2023
Eligibility for External Part Time Research Scholar
A candidate, seeking admission to the Ph.D. program, shall be required to have passed the qualifying examination securing at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA/DGPA. A relaxation of 5 % of marks may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy-layer) / PWD – (Divyang) categories.
The qualifying degrees are:
- Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Engineering/Science.
- Master in Science (M.Sc. or equivalent) for Ph.D. in Science
- BE/B.Tech with 10 years of research/industrial experience for PhD in Engineering / Science.
- A candidate who is sponsored as a part-time candidate by a government department / public sector undertaking / R & D, with at least five years of relevant experience, who shall work for his/her PhD in his/her parent organization fulfilling the residency period requirement as per Rules & Regulations for the Award of the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy – 2016. The candidate is required to submit a NOC, sponsorship and work experience certificate from the parent organization.
DIAT Pune MoD Sponsored PhD Admission Jan 2023 Application Process
- Candidate can fill online Application form available at Institute’s website (http://www.diat.ac.in)
- Duly filled-in application in the prescribed proforma may be forwarded to the Joint Registrar (Academics), DIAT (DU), Girinagar, Pune-411025.
Course Fee & Other Charges
Selected candidates for the PhD Programmes are required to pay Semester Fee @Rs.50,000/- per semester payable immediately on joining, and caution deposit of Rs. 10,000/-
For Industry Sponsored, Other R&D Govt. Organizations, DPSU’s, Govt. Industry etc are required to pay Semester Fee @ Rs. 65,000/- per semester payable immediately on joining and caution deposit of Rs. 10,000/-
Admission to Ph.D. will be based on the performance in the entrance exam (written test) conducted by the department concerned followed by a personal interview.
|Application Form for DRDO, Industry Sponsored||Click Here|
|Application Form for Service Officers||Click Here|
|Application Procedure||Click Here|
|DIAT Pune Website||visit|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
|Admissions in Maharashtra||Admissions in Maharashtra|
DIAT Pune MoD Sponsored PhD Admission July 2022
|Last Date of receipt of Hard copy of application||20th May 2022|
|Tentative Date of Interview / Written Test||2nd / 3rd week of June 2022|
|Tentative date of commencement of the program||1st week of July 2022|
DIAT Pune MoD Sponsored PhD Admission July 2022 Results
List of Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test for PhD Programme July-2022 is available now –
- DATE OF WRITTEN TEST : 08-07-2022 and TIME:10.30 HRS
- The entrance exam contains Two Question papers (Paper-1 and Paper-2).
- Each paper contains 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) i.e a total of 100(MCQ).
- Paper-1:Research Methodology & Quantitative Aptitude:(50MCQ), Max Marks: 50Marks
- Paper-2: Subject Exam:(50MCQ), Max Marks: 50Marks
- Each correct answer carries 1 mark.
- (Paper-1 + Paper-2): Max Time: 90 Minutes
- If a candidate is qualified in the Entrance Exam, then the candidate will be called for the personal interview (100Marks), the minimum qualifying marks for the interview is 50Marks.
DIAT Pune MoD Sponsored PhD Admission Jan 2022
Available PhD Programs
Details of Department-wise vacancies for admission to PhD Programme January-2022 –
|Department||Vacancies under MoD Sponsored|
|Computer Science & Engineering||11|
|Metallurgical & Materials Engineering||04|
|School of Robotics||05|
|School of Quantum Technology||04|
DIAT Pune MoD Sponsored PhD Admission Jan 2022 Important Dates
|Last Date of receipt of Hard copy of application||27 Dec 2021|
|Tentative Date of Interview / Written Test||1st / 2nd week of Jan 2022|
|Tentative date of commencement of the program||1st / 2nd week of Jan 2022|