IIITDM Kurnool PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) – Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing invites applications for PhD admissions for the academic session 2023 (Dec).
Check full details on IIITDM Kurnool PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
About IIITDM Kurnool
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM), Kurnool is an Institute of National Importance, established in 2015. It is fully funded and managed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It is aimed to become a Centre of Excellence for pursuing Design and Manufacturing oriented Engineering Education and Research domains.
IIITDM Kurnool PhD Programs
The Institute offers full-time/part-time Ph.D. programmes in the following Departments –
- PhD Computer Science and Engineering
- PhD Electronics and Communication Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Physics
- PhD English
|Admission Category||in Department(s)|
|PhD – Full Time||Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Sciences (Mathematics and Physics)|
|PhD – Part Time||Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Sciences (Mathematics, Physics and English)|
For available broad research areas read notification.
Important Dates for IIITDM Kurnool PhD Admission 2023 (Dec)
|Web Notification of PhD Advertisement and Application Registration Start||25-10-2023 (Wednesday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application Forms||28-11-2023 (Tuesday)|
|Web Notification of Short-listed Candidates for Written Test and/or Interview||01-12-2023 (Friday)|
|Tentative Dates of Written Test and/or Interview (for Shortlisted Candidates)||11-12-2023 to 13-12-2023 (Monday to Wednesday)|
|Announcement of Results||15-12-2023 (Friday)|
|Last Date for Seat Confirmation, Fees Payment for the First Semester (Selected Candidates Only), and Reporting to the Institute||24-12-2023 (Monday)|
|Reporting to the Institute and Commencement of the Academic Session||26-12-2023 (Tuesday)|
Eligibility Criteria for IIITDM Kurnool PhD Admission 2023 (Dec)
For Full time PhD Admission (Under Institute Fellowship)
A) Applicants holding a Master’s degree
Master’s/M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering / Technology / Mathematics / Physics / English in the appropriate branch of study with minimum 60% aggregate marks or CGPA ≥ 6.5 (out of 10) in UG and PG.
Department wise eligibility criteria –
Computer Science & Engineering
Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology. Preference will be given to those with M.Tech. /M.E. /M.S. degree in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent. Should have been qualified in GATE exam any-time.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Master’s degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering or equivalent. Should have been qualified in GATE exam any-time.
Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Energy Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Instrumentation, Metallurgical Engineering, Production/Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics, CAD/CAM/CIM and other allied areas. Should have been qualified in GATE exam any-time.
M.Sc. in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics with a good academic record. (First class with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or CGPA ≥ 6.5 (out of 10) in UG and PG). Should have been qualified in GATE/CSIR-NET exam any-time.
Master’s degree in Physics/Applied Physics/Material science. (First class with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or CGPA ≥ 6.5 (out of 10) in UG and PG). Should have been qualified in GATE/CSIR-NET exam any-time.
MA in English (TESOL/TESL/ELT) (or) MA in English Literature or allied subjects with NET/GATE in English or allied subjects.
B) Applicants holding Bachelor’s degree
Candidates who have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Programme in the engineering departments subject to the following conditions:
- A B.Tech degree holder from IIT with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10-point scale or with a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from any other University who is among the top 10 rank holders in the University and having a valid GATE score. (Proof of Top 10 rank holder certificate should be attached).
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a reputed R&D organization with excellent research record and with minimum 60% aggregate marks or CGPA ≥ 6.5 (out of 10).
For Other Categories
An applicant must satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria to consider his/her application for Part-time Ph.D. programme of the institute and any additional requirements specified in advertisement.
Financial Assistance (HTRA)
The scholars admitted to the Ph.D. programmes under Full-time are eligible for the Half-time Teaching/Research Assistantship (HTRA) under the following regulations:
- The scholars should work for at least 8 hours per week to earn this assistantship.
- Renewal of assistantship every semester will be contingent on enrolment, satisfactory progress in research work and good performance during the preceding semester in the discharge of responsibility as teaching / research assistant.
- Financial assistance is provided to selected scholars based on the prescribed rules of MoE.
- (i). 1st and 2nd Year: Rs. 31,000/- (Increased 37,000/-)
- (ii). 3rd to 5th year: Rs. 35,000/- (Increased 42,000/-)
The increased fellowship amount will be provided as per the Ministry of Education Guidelines after due approval.
For externally funded – Fellowship will be as per the norms of the respective external funding agency.
IIITDM Kurnool PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) Application Process
- Interested and eligible candidates shall submit application using online Admission to Ph.D. programme portal available on the Institute website (www.iiitk.ac.in).
- Enclosures such as GATE score card, Educational and Experience certificates, online Fees payment receipt, No Objection Certificate (NOC) and sponsorship certificate in support of application are to be uploaded as separate documents (pdf), along with the application form.
- In case, NOC is not enclosed at the time of online submission, a self declaration form should be upload by the candidate stating that NOC will be submitted at the time of interview. No Downloadable Forms will be available. After filling the form, you are advised to take a printout of your application and keep the same for your record.
|Gen / OBC Candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|SC / ST / PwD Candidates||Rs. 250/-|
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional criteria set by the institute from time to time only will be called for the Interview and/or written test.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the Interview and/or written test based on GATE 2023 syllabus, the selection committee will finalize the names of candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
Join Our Telegram Channel