Vinayaka Mission’s Research Foundation PhD Admission 2021 – Vinayaka Missions Research Foundation Salem, Tamil Nadu invites applications for PhD admission (Full-time / Part-time) for the session commencing in oct 2021.
Available PhD Programme
- Faculty of Arts & Science
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Bio Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine
- Biochemistry (Medical)
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Microbiology (Medical)
- Physiology (Medical)
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmacy Practice.
- Faculty of Allied Health Science
- Public Health
- Faculty of Physiotherapy
- Full-Time Ph.D. Programme
- Part Time (Internal) Ph.D Programme
- Part Time (External) Ph.D Programme
|Last Date for submission of filled in applications (Extended)||10.09.2021|
Eligibility Criteria for Vinayaka Mission’s Research Foundation PhD Admission 2021
- Post Graduate Degree in the relevant subject with minimum 55% Marks (Relaxation of 5% for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) and differently-abled candidates).
- Candidates qualified in UGC -NET or any other National-level test for JRF are exempted from the Entrance Test .
- For admission into Ph.D in Medicine: the candidates with 2 years M.Sc., Medicinal subjects are not eligible.
- Candidates with M.Phil.degree, having at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale and a person whose M. Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and the viva – voce is pending may also be admitted to the Ph. D. programme.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master‟s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
Eligibility for Nursing
- M.Phil. (Nursing) or M.Sc. (Nursing) or a Post Graduate degree in Nursing recognized by Council with 3 years teaching or Clinical experience after M.Sc. (Nursing) for enrolment for Ph.D. in Nursing (part-time) under Faculty of Nursing in the respective University.
- The scholars should have passed M.Sc. (Nursing) with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Working in Teaching Institution/Hospital/Community Centre/Nursing Department within the University jurisdiction.
Admission shall be based on the marks secured in the Entrance test and Interview, subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria and the rules of reservation.
Rs. 25, 000 to 30, 000/ month – only for Full time Research Scholars.
- Rs. 30, 000/ month – Candidates who have qualified in GATE/NET (Ayush)/UGC – NET (including JRF)/ UGC – CSIR NET (including JRF) SLET//GRE/ CAT/ICMR and any other National Eligibility test based on the merit vacancies.
- For others up to Rs. 25, 000/ month based on the merit of their research proposal.
- The other eligibility criteria like academic, entrance examination, etc will be followed as per the UGC/ University regulations.
Vinayaka Mission’s Research Foundation PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- The Application form can be downloaded from the website www.vinayakamission.com.
- Duly filled in application has to be forwarded by the Head of the Department and the Head of the Institution where the candidate intends to do research..
- The completely filled in application along with a DD of Rs.1,000/- (One thousand only) as application fee (DD drawn in favour of “VMRF(DU) PHD” payable at Salem) by superscribing on the envelope “Application for admission into Ph.D programme in ______” must be sent before last date to The Registrar Vinayaka Mission‟s Research Foundation (DU), Sankari Main Road (NH-47), Ariyanoor, Salem-636308, Tamilnadu.
Application Fee – Rs. 1000/-
- Date & mode of Entrance Examination & venue will be intimated after scrutinizing the applications.
- In the Entrance exam for Ph.D the qualifying marks for admission shall be 50%. The syllabus of the a relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (NonCreamy Layers) Differently–abled category in the entrance examination conducted by the Universities. Entrance Test shall be of 50% of research methodology and 50% of subject specific.
Entrance Exam Pattern
The entrance examination will be of two parts
- Part 1 : 10.00 am – 11.30 AM
- Written Examination for a maximum of 70 marks.(Time duration subject to change on the basis of mode of Examination)
- MCQ of 70 questions of 1 mark each.
- Questions from the concerned subjects of PG Degree level.
- Part 2 : Interview / Viva-Voce-for 30 marks
- Interview will be held on the same day of Entrance examination.
- The candidates are requested to come prepared to stay almost one more day, if needed.
- No TA & DA will be provided.
- Oral presentation by the candidate, either on paper or across the table or on a board in front of a panel of subject experts for about 10 -20 minutes on any topic of candidate’s choice, preferably in the chosen area of research
For more details and to apply – visit
Previous Years Admissions
Vinayaka Mission’s Research Foundation PhD Admission 2020
|Last Date for submission of filled in applications is||12th February 2020|