University of Ladakh PhD Admission 2022-23: University of Ladakh invited application for admission to Ph.D. programme in for the Academic Session 2022-23.
Check full details on University of Ladakh PhD Admission 2022-23 below here.
University of Ladakh PhD Courses
On-line applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D. programme in following subjects for the Academic Session 2022-23:
|S.No.||Department/Research Centre||No. of Vacancies|
|1.||Centre for Himalayan and Trans-Himalayan Studies (CHTHS, Area Studies)/ Political Science.||01|
|4.||Computer Science & Information Technology||02|
University of Ladakh PhD Admission 2022-23 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates having Master’s degree in the concerned/relevant subject from a recognized University with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
An equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. The certificate of equivalence issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) in such case shall be required.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade point scale wherever grading system is followed). The relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above is permissible based on the qualifying marks only without including the grace mark awarded.
Department/Research Centre Wise Eligibility
|1.||Centre for Himalayan and Trans-Himalayan Studies (CHTHS, Area Studies)/ Political Science.||Master’s Degree in Political Science, Area Studies, International Relations, Strategic Studies, Police Administration and Public Administration.|
|2.||Geology||Master’s Degree in Geology/Applied Geology/Earth Sciences/ Geoscience/M.Sc/M.Tech in Geo informatics or any other equivalent and relevant subject from a university recognized by UGC or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University|
|3.||Physical Education||Master’s Degree in Physical Education/Sports Sciences or any other equivalent and relevant subject from a university recognized by UGC or any other qualification recognized as equivalent there to in such fields of study as are notified for the purpose from time to time by the University|
|4.||Computer Science & Information Technology||Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or Statistics or Operational Research or in any branch of Science or Master of Computer Application (MCA) with 55% marks or equivalent Grade ‘B’ in UGC 7- point scale (or an equivalent Grade in a point scale wherever Grading system is followed). OR Master’s Degree in Electronics or Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Electronics & Communication Engineering or related areas with 55% marks or equivalent Grade ‘B’ in UGC 7- point scale (or an equivalent Grade in a point scale wherever Grading system is followed). OR Obtained two years M.Phil. degree with at least 55% marks of a recognized University/Institution (with Dissertation/Seminar/Viva), and with 55% marks or equivalent Master’s degree; OR One year M.Phil. with 55% marks with additional one year research experience of a recognized University/Institute, and one publication and with 55% marks or equivalent in Master’s degree; Relaxation to SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy layer)/PWD as per the UGC Regulations.|
University of Ladakh PhD Admission 2022-23 Key Dates
|Availability of application form on university website||06 October 2022|
|Last date for submission of forms||21 October 2022|
|Scrutiny of forms||22-23 October 2022|
|Entrance Test (if required)||27 October 2022|
|Declaration of shortlisted candidates||29 October 2022|
|Interaction/presentation/viva||31 October and 01 November 2022|
|Declaration of result||03 November 2022|
|Admission||07 November 2022|
University of Ladakh PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- The candidates are advised to filled the form available at the website of University of Ladakh: https://www.uol.ac.in and submit the same along with fee deposit slip to respective departments email IDs.
- Fee of Rs. 200/- can deposit in the university account.
- Candidates with JRF/NET/SET/SLET (Examination conducted by UGC/CSIR/ICMR/ICAR/DBT/any other National/State Testing Authorities) or M.Phil. Degree in relevant subject shall be eligible for direct admission and shall appear for synopsis presentation before the Departmental Research Committee (DRC). However, if the number of applicants with JRF is more than the available vacancies, selection among such applicants shall be made on the basis of their merit in viva/presentation.
- In case of any vacancy after admitting JRF applicants, all candidates with NET/SET, who are exempted from the written test, shall be called for viva/presentation irrespective of any ratio. The selection among such applicants shall be made on the basis of their performance in the viva/presentation with 50% as qualifying marks.
- In case any vacancy still remaining after implementing procedure i) and ii), it shall be filled from the non-NET/SET applicants on the basis of their performance in the entrance test to be conducted by the University (having two components – Research Methodology & Subject Specific with 50 MCQs from each component). For each vacancy three candidates shall be shortlisted (1:3) for viva/presentation from among the candidates who have qualified the written test i.e. obtained 50% or above marks).
- The candidates exempted from appearing in the Entrance Test or having qualified the Entrance Test, shall be required to appear before the Departmental Research Committee (DRC) for viva/presentation which shall ascertain
- i) student interest
- ii) inclination
- iii) research aptitude
- iv) Area of specialization/interest.
- The DRC shall finalize the list of selected candidates and their supervisors.
- Mere appearance in the list of qualified candidates shall not entitle a candidate to final selection, if he/she is found in-eligible otherwise.