University of Kerala PhD Admission 2021 – Application are invited for University of Kerala for admission to full time/part-time PhD for January 2021 Session. Check more details like application dates, eligibility criteria, application process etc. here.
Important Dates for University of Kerala PhD Admission 2021
|Last date for application||15th January 2021|
|Last date for submitting the print outs of the applications along with all required documents and cash receipt/DD||16th January 2021|
Vacancies for University of Kerala PhD Admission 2021
University of Kerala PhD Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (Or an equivalent grade in other point scale) with not less than 55% marks.
- Qualified in the entrance test conducted by this University or National Eligibility Test conducted by the CSIR /UGC / ICMR / ICAR or GATE or State Level Eligibility Test conducted by the Kerala Government or Fellowship awarded by the Central and State Govt. Departments/ Agencies as approved by the University, M Phil Degree by research and thesis.
- Candidates passed M.Phil Program with a minimum of Grade ’B’ in the UGC 7-point scale or equivalent grade in oyher point scale or at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade for ST/SC/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently able candidates.
Exemption from Entrance Test
The following candidates are exempted from entrance test
- Regular University/College teachers with minimum 7 years of teaching experience.
- Scientists working in approved research laboratories either owned or managed by the Central/State Government or in Autonomous Research Institutions of National status, with 7 years experience in Grade Scientists having two research papers published in the recognized research journals of the subject concerned approved by the UGC.
- Candidates with DBT/JRF are permitted to register for PhD Biotechnology.
- Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship. Awardees of DST Women Scientist Scheme by the Department of Science & Technology (DST).
- Candidates having qualified UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF, UGC-NET/JRF, GATE, SLET, and Research Fellowships of Central or State Government Departments/Agencies.
- Candidate having passed the MPhil with at least Grade ’B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade) with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent.
- M.Phil Degree holders and Teacher Fellowship holders seeking registration for PhD shall be required to qualify the Entrance Test if admission is sought in a different discipline other than their specialized discipline at PG/M. Phil Degree levels.
Eligible Candidates can apply online the University website.
The print outs of the application so submitted should be submitted at the time of the Doctoral Committee along with attested and original copies of certificates and fee receipt.
Registration fee of Rs.550/- has to be paid, by way of Kerala University Chalan receipt/Friends cash receipts/DD (an additional amount of Rs.10/- to be paid as service charge in case of DD).
University of Kerala PhD Entrance Previous Years Question Papers
For more details and to apply online – visit