University of Kerala PG Admission 2022 – University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram invites applications for admission into various Post Graduate (PG) courses in the Departments of the University of Kerala for the academic year 2022-23.
Check full details on Kerala University PG Admission 2022 below here.
University of Kerala PG Programs
PG Programs in University Departments & Centres
- M.A. (Master of Arts)
- Arabic Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- German Language and Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Islamic History
- Malayalam Language and Literature
- Malayalasahithyavum Madhyama Padanangalum
- M.C.J (Master of Communication and Journalism)
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Politics International Relations and Diplomacy
- Russian Language and Literature
- Sanskrit General Language and Literature
- Tamil Language and Literature
- West Asian Studies.
- M.Sc. (Master of Science)
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Psychology
- Aquatic Biology and Fisheries
- Applied Aquaculture
- Botany with specialization in Biodiversity Conservation
- Chemistry with Specialization in Renewable Energy
- Computational Biology with Specialization in Machine Learning
- Computational Biology Specialization in Computer Aided Drug Design
- Computational Biology Specialization in NGS Data Analytics
- Computer Science
- Computer Science with Specialization in Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
- Demography & Biostatistics
- Environmental Sciences
- Climate Change and Disaster Management
- Genetics & Plant Breeding
- Integrative Biology (Zoology)
- Mathematics with specialization in Finance and Computation
- Physics with Specialization in Applied Electronics
- Physics with Specialization in Space Physics
- Physics with Specialization in Renewable Energy
- Applied Statistics and Data Analytics
- Zoology (Pure & Applied)
- M.Sc. Electronics (Optoelectronics)
- M.Sc. Electronics (Artificial Intelligence)
- Physics (Specialization in Nanoscience)
- M. Tech. (Master of Technology)
- Computer Science with specialization in Digital Image Computing
- Technology Management
- Electronics & Communication (Optoelectronics & Optical Communications)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- General & Tourism
- MSW (Master of Social Works)
- LLM (Master of Laws)
- M.Ed. (Education)
- M.Com (Global Business Operations)
- M.Com Rural Management
- M.Com Blue Economy and Maritime Law
- MLI.Sc. (Master of Library and Information Science)
University of Kerala PG Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen. For foreign candidates, relevant regulations apply.
For PG Programs
- Students who have pursued 10+2+3 scheme and obtained a Bachelor Degree from the University of Kerala or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto, and who have secured the following, shall be eligible for admission to PG Programs:
- CGPA of 2 or above in a 4 – point scale or
- 3.5 or above in a 7 -point scale or
- 5 or above in a 10-point scale or
- 50% or above in case of Bachelor Degrees which award marks,
- Relaxation for candidates from SC/ST category shall be as follows:
- CGPA of 1.8 or above in a 4-point scale
- 3.15 or above in a 7-point scale
- 4.5 or above in a 10-point scale
- 45% or above in case of Bachelor Degrees which award marks.
- Candidates shall hold Bachelor degree in subjects specified in Schedule I given in information brochure, for admission to corresponding PG Programs.
- Candidate who have written the Bachelor’s degree Examination and awaiting results can also apply.
- Multiple Applications: A candidate may apply for a maximum of three PG Programmes at a time.
Note – For subject wise eligibility criteria read information brochure.
University of Kerala PG Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Notification of Admissions||12th April 2022|
|Last Date for Online application||11th May 2022|
|Dates of Entrance Examination||30th to 05th June 2022|
|Publication of Rank List||15th July 2022|
|Admission Starts||10th August 2022|
|Classes Start||12th September 2022|
|Admission Closes||30th September 2022|
University of Kerala PG Admission 2022 Application Procedure
- Candidates are required to submit the online application form on website https://www.keralauniversity.ac.in/
- After completion of the online registration, the candidate should take printout of the same and keep it with himself/herself. DO NOT SEND HARD COPIES OF THE PRINT OUT OF ONLINE APPLICATION TO THE UNIVERSITY. The hard copy of the online application with supporting documents should be kept by the candidate and it has to be submitted at the time of admission to respective departments.
Steps to fill Application Form
The candidates have to go through the mandatory steps given below for the successful submission of online application:
- Step 1: Registering in the site
- Step 2: Entering Personal Details, Marks/CGPA of Qualifying Examination in the case of Arts, Social Sciences and Sciences and options for various programmes. (Final Year Degree Candidates who are awaiting results can also apply. But such candidates should upload their marks/ CGPA on or before the last date for uploading marks.)
- Step 3: Payment of registration Fee should be made online only.
- Step 4: Uploading of photograph and signature
- Step 5: Option for verifying the application
- Step 6: Printout of the Application.
|Additional Subjects General||Rs.105/-|
|Additional Subjects SC/ST||Rs.55/-|
University of Kerala PG Admission 2022 Selection Process
- Admissions to the seats to be filled for the Departmental Post Graduate programmes are regulated on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test.
- There will be no revaluation of answer sheets of entrance examination.
University of Kerala PG Entrance Exam
There shall be an entrance examination for admission to each PG Programme and no candidate shall be admitted to a PG Programme without taking the entrance examination; provided that the restrictions do not apply to SC/ST candidates admitted to vacant seats, foreign candidates and sponsored candidates.
Nature of Entrance Examinations
- Entrance examinations shall consist of 60 Multiple Choice Questions for 60 marks and descriptive type questions for 40 marks covering subject knowledge at qualifying examination and/ or logical and numerical reasoning, for a maximum of 2 hours.
- The descriptive part contains 8 questions out of 12 of 5 marks each.
- Medium of Examination shall be English except for Languages.
- Candidate shall secure a score greater than zero in the entrance examination conducted by the University of kerala.
- Negative Marks: There shall be 0.25 negative mark for each wrong answer for multiple choice questions in entrance examination.
Trivandrum, Ernakulam and Kozhikkode in Kerala are the centres of the Entrance Examination. The Vice-Chairman, CSS, is authorized to cancel any centre, if the number of applicants opting the centre is less than 1000.
- The Admit Card for the Entrance Exam can be downloaded from the official website of the University of Kerala, admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in
- The candidates will have to enter their Application number and Password in order to download the admit card.
- The venue of the examination and time table will be given in the admit card.