THSTI-JNU PhD Admissions 2021 – Translational Health Science and Technology Institute announces admission to PhD Programs for year 2021-22 (Monsoon Session).
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is a part of the inter-disciplinary Biotech Science Cluster at Faridabad in the National Capital Region.
THSTI is designed to be a dynamic and interactive organization with a mission to conduct innovative translational research across disciplines and professions to accelerate the development of concepts into products to improve human health.
THSTI is a recognized R&D institute of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi offering doctoral programs in biomedical science research.
Thematic Research Areas
- Infection & Immunology
- Maternal & Child Health
- Non-Communicable Disease
- Multidisciplinary Clinical & Translational Research
- Mathematical modelling of biological systems
No. of seats
A maximum of 8 candidates may be selected this session.
Last date for apply application – 27 June 2021
- Should have a Master’s degree in any branch of biomedical/ life sciences (including veterinary science, public health, pharmaceutical sciences), bioinformatics, chemistry, computer science or mathematics or a B Tech in Biotechnology from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks or its equivalent
- Must have qualified in the JRF examination of CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT (category I only), NBHM or AYUSH-NET which provides fellowship for their PhD program.
- Candidates having AYUSH-NET fellowship will conduct research work in the fields related to AYUSH only.
Group B: (THSTI fellowship equivalent to the CSIR-UGC Fellowship amount)
- Should have MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ MD/ MDS/ MPH or its equivalent from a recognized university/institute with at least 55% marks or its equivalent OR
- BE/B.Tech. (computer science/ biotechnology/ biomedical engineering/ mechanical/ electronics/electrical engineering)/ B. Pharma or post-graduate degree in Life Sciences (all disciplines), pharmacy, medicinal chemistry, chemistry, physics, mathematics or bioinformatics from a recognized university/institute with at least 55% marks or its equivalent along with NET-LS/DBT-II category or a valid GPAT/GATE qualification OR
- Should have SRF fellowship from ICMR, CSIR.
Candidates appearing in the final qualifying examination may also apply. However, they will be required to fulfill the above academic/ fellowship criteria at the time of joining the PhD program.
A relaxation in marks/ grade during Master’s Degree for those belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled or any other category will be applicable as per the UGC notification.
THSTI-JNU PhD Admissions 2021 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on the website (https://thsti.res.in/phd_programme.php)
- Incomplete applications in any respect will be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
Candidates for Group A and Group B will be shortlisted.
- The candidates shortlisted for Group A will be called directly for the interview.
- The candidates shortlisted for Group B will have to appear for the written examination. Those who will qualify the written examination will be called for the interview.
- The dates for the written exam and interview will be announced later.
- Final selection will be made based on the applicant’s performance in the interview and the list of selected candidates will be published on the THSTI website.
Students from group A, selected for admission to the PhD program and holding fellowship from any of the above agencies have to activate their own fellowship.
Students selected from Group B will be awarded THSTI fellowship equivalent to the CSIR-UGC Fellowship amount.
For more details and to apply online – visit