Thiruvalluvar University PhD Admission 2023 – Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore invites applications for PhD admission for the academic session 2023 through Entrance Exam.
Check full details on Thiruvalluvar University PhD Admission 2023 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Thiruvalluvar University PhD Programs
- PhD Biochemistry,
- PhD Biotechnology,
- PhD Botany,
- PhD Chemistry,
- PhD Commerce,
- PhD English,
- PhD Economics,
- PhD History,
- PhD Management,
- PhD Mathematics,
- PhD Microbiology,
- PhD Physics,
- PhD Social Sciences,
- PhD Tamil,
- Candidates with a minimum of 55% marks in Master’s/PG degree are eligible to apply for PhD courses.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non creamy layer) / Differently-Abled category candidates.
Thiruvalluvar University PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Last date for online application of entrance test||12 July 2023|
|Last date to submit the printed online application (hard copy)||12 July 2023|
|Tentative Exam date||16 July 2023|
Thiruvalluvar University PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Step 1: Go to the official website of Thiruvalluvar University at tvu.edu.in/.
- Step 2: Click on the “CET for PhD” link.
- Step 3: Then click on register. After the completion of registration login to your account.
- Step 2: Fill in all the required details in the Thiruvalluvar University PhD application form.
- Step 4: Upload all the required scanned documents.
- Step 5: Download and take a print out of the application form.
- Step 6: Submit a printout of the online application (hard copy) along with fee paid challen/online payment receipt to “The Director, Centre for Research”, Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore – 632115.
Rs.1000/- to be paid to The Registrar, Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore.
- Applications are invited through online for Common Entrance Test (CET) for all Affiliated Colleges / University Departments/ Autonomous Colleges / PG Extension Centre / Constituent Colleges / Research Institutions.
- Selection for Admission will be based on Common Entrance Test (CET).
- The candidate is eligible for interview only after scoring a minimum of 50% marks in the entrance examination.
- The University department or the research center of the affiliated college concerned, shall exempt, those students who qualify UGC / CSIR / DBT / ICMR (JRF) Examination NET / SET / SLET / GATE and teacher fellowship holders from the proposed entrance examination; but they should appear for the interview. For such candidates the total marks shall be 50 only. However, those students who have passed M.Phil course are not exempted from the entrance examination for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- Mark distribution for selection:
- Entrance Test – 50%,
- PG – 40%,
- Interview – 10%,
- Total – 100 marks.
- Out of which, the candidate need to score a minimum 50% for getting the admission.
- The Common Entrance test should examine the subject knowledge of the candidates (PG syllabus of Affiliated Colleges).
- There will be 50 multiple choice questions (MCQs) for 50 marks and the duration will be one hour.
Syllabus for Entrance Test
- Computer Science
- Management Studies
- Defence and strategic studies
- Information Technology
- Social Work
- Foods and Nutrition
- Applied Microbiology