The Sanskrit College and University PhD Admission 2022-23: The Sanskrit College and University Kolkata, West Bengal invites application for PhD Admission for 2023-24.
Check full details on The Sanskrit College and University PhD Admission 2023-24 here.
The Sanskrit College and University PhD Programs
Applications are invited for Ph. D/ Vidyāvāridhi programmes in the Departments of Sanskrit, Bengali, English, Ancient Indian and World History, and Linguistics/ Advaita Vedanta and Sahitya (under Traditional Oriental Learning) from the eligible Post Graduate / Acharya students of the respective subjects (or allied subjects/ disciplines subject to endorsement by Ph. D. committee).
|Name of the Department||No. of Seats|
|Sanskrit||4 [SC-1, UR-2, ST-1]|
|English||3 [SC-1, UR-2]|
|Ancient Indian and World History||2 [SC-1, UR-1]|
|Advaita Vedanta (Traditional Oriental Learning)||3 [SC-1, UR-2]|
|Sahitya (Traditional Oriental Learning)||2 [SC-1, UR-1]|
The Sanskrit College and University PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have a minimum of 55% marks (General Category) and 50% marks (reserved category) in the Post Graduate/ Acharya level.
- Candidates in service may apply through the proper channel.
- The eligibility of the candidate will be as per UGC rules, but the enrolled/registered Ph. D./ Vidyavaridhi candidates may not get the facilities of UGC-JRF or Non net Fellowship / Scholarship at present.
- The students who have cleared UGC-NET/ SET/SLET or equivalent examinations or were awarded M. Phil./ Vishistacharya from any recognized university are not required to appear in the written examination (RET) but they have to appear in the interview.
- All other eligible candidates will have to appear in a written examination (RET) of two hours duration. The list of the selected candidates for interview will be displayed on the Notice Board and shared on the university webpage. The final selection for joining this programme will be made on the basisof the interview.
The Sanskrit College and University PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Online Application commences on||15th December 2022|
|The last date for receiving online applications||30th December 2022|
|The last date for receiving hard copies of the application form||11th January 2023|
The Sanskrit College and University PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Form
- Applicants are requested to fill out the application form carefully by uploading the required applicable documents.
- After successfully filling out the application form, applicants must pay the non-refundable application fees through transfer to their bank account.
- After successful payment, a UTR number will be generated. The UTR number is needed at the time of application.
- After submitting the Application Form, a printout is to be taken of the filled Application Form
- Two hard copies of the application form with required supporting documents, including a payment receipt, in a sealed envelope must be addressed to The registrar, The Sanskrit College and University, 1 Bankim Chatterjee Street, Kolkata-700073. The name of the department for which the Ph.D./Vidyavaridhi programme is applied must be mentioned on the sealed envelope.
- Passport size photo (100 KB, JPEG/ PNG/ JPG)
- Your signature (100 KB, JPEG/ PNG/ JPG)
- Aadhar Card (110 KB, PDF only)
- Caste certificate in case of SC/ ST/ OBC. For General Category, there is no need of uploading a certificate. (150 KB, PDF only)
- Under Graduate Marksheet (110 KB, PDF only)
- Post Graduate Marksheet (110 KB, PDF only)
- Certificate of NET/ SET/ SLET (110 KB, PDF only)
- Certificate of M. Phil./ Vishitacharya (110 KB, PDF only)
- For General Category – Rs. 1000/-
- For Reserved Category – Rs. 500/-