St. Xavier’s College Kolkata UG Admission 2023 – St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata invites applications for admission to various UG Programs for the academic year 2023-24.
Check full details on St. Xavier’s College Kolkata UG Admission 2023 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata UG Programs
The Undergraduate (UG) degree courses will be offered under FOUR-YEARS HONOURS PROGRAMME with an exit option after THREE years as per UGC guidelines. Details will be made available in due course of time.
COLLEGE MAIN CAMPUS: Mother Teresa Sarani (Park Street)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) (Co-educational)
- BA English
- BA Political Science
- BA Sociology
- BA Bengali
- BA with English, Political Science, and Sociology
B.A. Bengali students may also write the other course papers in Bengali.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) (Co-educational)
- BSc Physics
- BSc Chemistry
- BSc Mathematics
- BSc Statistics
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Economics
- BSc Microbiology
- BSc Mass Communication and Videography
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- BCom [MORNING] (for boys only)
- BCom [EVENING] (Co-educational)
Bachelor of Management Studies (B.M.S.) [EVENING] (Co-educational)
MSc – Multimedia [5 years integrated course] (Co-educational)
MSc – Biotechnology [5 years integrated course] (Co-educational)
|Start Application Process||Ongoing|
|Last Date to Apply||To be announced|
|Admission Test||To be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for St. Xavier’s College Kolkata UG Admission 2023
No candidate shall be eligible for admission after a lapse of more than five years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination. The year of admission will not be taken into account while calculating 5 years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination.
For admission to all courses other than Bengali Honours, a student must have studied and passed in English in the +2 level. Admission of students failing in English or not having English will be cancelled (excluding the foreign students for whom there is a separate set of rules).
UG Honours/General courses and Integrated Masters courses:
Aggregate is calculated with 4 subjects at +2 level including the compulsory subjects as indicated in the eligibility criteria for application and the subjects having the maximum marks from the rest of the subjects.
The following subjects must not be included in the calculation of Aggregate:
|All Dance Courses||All Vocational Courses||SUPW||All Music Courses**|
|Agriculture||Environmental Education||Fashion Studies||Physical Education|
|Art / Fine Arts**||Environmental Science||Heritage Craft||Fashion Designing|
|Security||Environmental Studies||Home Science||Entrepreneurship|
|Work Experience||Gen. Foundation Course||Painting *||Health Education|
|Fabric Study||Electricity/Electrical Courses||Salesmanship||Floriculture|
|Subjects marked with * may be included in Aggregate calculation for the course M.Sc. Multimedia Subjects marked with ** may be included in Aggregate calculation for the courses B.Sc. Mass Communication and M.Sc. Multimedia.|
- Every applicant must fulfill the eligibility criteria as laid down for each course.
- The student must have passed in all the papers as per the respective board/council pass marks.
- The student must have obtained 45% marks in each of the 4 subjects included in the aggregate calculation.
- In addition, the student must have obtained the required marks in individual subjects as mentioned in the REQUIREMENT FOR APPLICATION.
- Marks in all subjects indicated in the +2 level marksheet must be entered in the application form.
For course wise requirements refer to website or brochure.
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website https://admissions.sxccal.edu/ug2023/
- Students may apply for more than one stream / subject.
- Each Application is to be made on separate online application forms.
- Application fee is to be paid separately for each application form.
- For each subject there is a separate eligibility criteria and the applications without the eligible marks will be summarily rejected.
- After filling up the on-line form, verify all details and submit the form online.
- You must take a printout of the Acknowledgement which will appear on the screen on submitting the form.
- The Acknowledgement must be attested by the Principal / Head of the last school / college attended.
- This sheet, along with the application fee payment slip, must be brought at the time of Interview / Admission Test / Enrolment.
- In case of online admissions some documents need to be uploaded in PDF format which will be notified with the selection list.
|B.M.S., B.Sc. Mass Communication & Videography, M.Sc. Multimedia (Integrated)||Rs. 1000/-|
|All other courses||Rs. 500/-|
|Raghabpur Campus||Rs. 200/-|
- CATEGORY I : GENERAL, selected on merit.
- CATEGORY II : Catholics, other Christians, SC, ST, OBC and schools administered by the Calcutta Province of the Society of Jesus.
- CATEGORY III : Economically challenged, physically challenged, outstanding sports persons and NCC Cadets.
- CATEGORY IV : Sons and daughters of College Alumni Association members with long standing record of service to the College and to society.
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD), after successful online application, may mail a request to the Principal for consideration. Attach scan copies of the Online Application Acknowledgement Sheet, Application Fee Payment Receipt, Board/Council Marksheet and the Disability Certificate issued by a competent authority.