SRM University Chennai PhD Admission Jan 2023 – SRM University Chennai (SRM Institute of Science and Technology-SRMIST) invites application for PhD admission Jan 2023.
Check full details on SRM University Chennai PhD Admission Jan 2023 below here.
Related – Admissions in Tamil Nadu
SRM University Chennai PhD Admission Visvesvaraya Scheme
- Application Form Fee is Rs.1200/- and it is Non-Refundable.
- Email ID submitted at the time of registration will be used for all correspondences until enrollment is completed Change in Email ID will NOT be permitted under any circumstances.
Important Dates – Visvesvaraya Scheme Phase-II
Last date to submit the application : 15th Dec 2022
Application Form – Visvesvaraya Scheme Phase-II
Available PhD Programs
- Full Time candidates: All candidates who pursue full time research in SRMIST shall belong to this category.
- Part Time (Internal) candidates: All candidates employed in SRMIST who pursue part time research in SRMIST shall belong to this category.
- Part Time (External) candidates: All candidates working in Industrial units, Colleges, Government departments, Research organizations or other Institutions, sponsored for pursuing Ph.D. Programmes in SRMIST while continuing to serve in their respective Institutions/ organizations which are recognized as the Research Centres of SRMIST shall belong to this category. They shall pursue research in their place of employment and /or in this SRMIST.
Departments in which PhD registration is permitted
Engineering & Technology
- School of Mechanical
- School of Civil
- School of Computing
- School of EEE
- School of Bio Engineering
- School of Chemical and Material Technology
- School of Architecture and Interior Design
Basic Sciences & Humanities
- School of Biosciences
- School of Computer Sciences
- School of Commerce and Economics
- School of Media Studies
- School of Languages
- School of Basic Sciences
- School of Management
Medical & Health Sciences
- Animal House
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- Paediatric Medicine and Neonatology
- Respiratory Medicine
- General Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Translational Medicine and Research
- Vascular Surgery
- Audiology & Speech language Pathology
- Medical Research
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health
Faculty of Law
SRM University Chennai PhD Admission Jan 2023 Important Dates
|Last date for submission of application (Extended)||05th Nov 2022|
|Department level entrance and interview||17th Nov 2022|
|Release of list of candidates for provisional registration||22nd Nov 2022|
|Last date for payment of Tuition Fee||20th Dec 2022|
|Reporting date at Directorate of Research||31st Dec 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for SRM University Chennai PhD Admission Jan 2023
- Two years of Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completed the M.Phil. Degree shall be legible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph.D Degree in the same Institution.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently- abled.
SRM University Chennai PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online through the official website https://applications.srmist.edu.in/
- Application fee – 1200/-
Steps to Follow
- Step 1 – Register Yourself
- Step 2 – Fill Application form
- Step 3 – Upload Documents
- Step 4 – Pay Application Fee
- Step 5 – Document Verification & Eligibility
- Step 6 – Provisional Order & Enrollment
- The eligible candidates are called for an entrance examination at the respective campuses of SRMIST. The entrance examination will be either Computer-Based Test (CBT) / Paper-pencil.
- The syllabus for the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- The entrance examination will be followed by presentation in the proposed research area and technical-cum-personal interview. The presentation will be assessed by the Department Research Coordination Committee (DRCC)
- There is no need for Entrance test for those students who qualify in UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/teacher fellowship holder.
- All full time PhD scholars who are selected for provisional registration during the admission year 2021 onwards will be paid Rs. 25,000/- per month for a maximum period of 3 years.
- Candidates who have qualified in UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/GATE/GPAT will be paid Rs. 31,000/- per month for a maximum period of 3 years.
- The eligibility for availing stipend every year, subsequent to the provisional registration, will be based on the progress made in research during the previous year, as part of PhD.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|SRM University Website||Click Here|
|Admissions in Tamil Nadu||Admissions in Tamil Nadu|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
SRM University Chennai PhD Admission June 2022
|Last date for submission of application||30th April 2022|
|Department level entrance and interview||20th May 2022|
|Release of list of candidates for provisional registration||07th June 2022|
|Last date for payment of Tuition Fee||25th June 2022|
|Reporting date at Directorate of Research||1st July 2022|
SRM University Chennai PhD Admission Jan 2022
|Last date for submission of application||25 October 2021|
|Department level Entrance Examination and Interview||15 November 2021|
|Release of list of candidates for provisional registration||30 November 2021|
|Last date for payment of Tuition Fee||20 December 2021|
|Reporting date at Directorate of Research||31 December 2021|