SPU Mandi PhD Admission 2022-23 – Sardar Patel University Mandi (SPU Mandi) invites applications for PhD Admission for session 2022-23.
Check full details on SPU Mandi PhD Admission 2022-23 below here.
Related – Admissions in Himachal Pradesh
SPU Mandi PhD Courses
- PhD Botany
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Physics
- PhD Zoology
- PhD History
- PhD MBA
Eligibility Criteria for SPU Mandi PhD Admission 2022-23
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (JRF), UGC-CSIRJRF/INSPIRE/ Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship/Maulana Azad Fellowship/Awardees of Teacher Fellowship/ Sponsored by ICSSR/DBT-JRF, ICMR or any other department coming under Govt of India can only apply for admission.
- Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the rules of the University/Sate Government/ University Grant Commission from time to time, or for those candidates who had obtained their master’s degree prior to 19th Sept., 1991.
- The University shall admit Ph.D. students who have qualified UGC-NET (JRF), UGC-CSIRJRF/INSPIRE/ Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship/Maulana Azad Fellowship/Awardees of Teacher Fellowship/Sponsored by ICSSR/DBT-JRF, ICMR or any other department coming under Govt of India.
- For the selection of candidates, a weightage of 70% to the marks obtained in the post graduation and 30% to the performance in the interview/presentation shall be given for preparing the final merit as per UGC regulations.
- In the interview/viva-voce the candidates are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Committee.
- The interview/viva voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- (i) the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- (ii) the research work can be suitably undertaken at the University;
- (iii) the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
SPU Mandi PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Application forms will be available for the applicants||16 September 2022|
|Last date for submission of application form hard copy||30 September 2022|
|Date of Interview/Presentation||07 October 2022|
SPU Mandi PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Procedure
- The candidates shall apply for the admission in Ph.D. course in prescribed Form available at the University website www.spumandi.org.
- The application Form dully filled by candidate should be submitted along with required documents.
- Rs. l000/- for General
- Rs. 750/- for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/BPL Bonafide candidates of HP
- Method of Payment – Demand Draft
|Details Of The PhD Programme||Click Here|
|Application Form for PhD||Click Here|
|SPU Mandi Website||Click Here|
|Admissions in Himachal Pradesh||Admissions in Himachal Pradesh|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|