SNU Chennai PhD Admission 2023 – Shiv Nadar University Noida invites applications for PhD Programs in various disciplines for session 2023.
Check full details on SNU Chennai PhD Admission 2023 below here.
SNU Chennai PhD PhD Programs
PhD Program Offered
School of Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Speech technology
- Artiﬁcial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- High-Performance Computing
- Internet of things and Block Chain Technology
- Data Science
- Graph theory and its applications
- Fibreoptics and Silicon Photonics
- Machine Learning & Deep Learning Techniques
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Disorder studies
- Computational Intelligence
- Computer Vision
- Speech Signal Processing
- Dynamically Reconfigurable Architectures for Cognitive Computing
- Accelerated Computing for Radiogenomics
- Cognitive Reinforcement Models
- Optimization Methodologies
- Medical Image Processing
- Cyber security
- Cloud Computing and Edge Computing
- Video processing
- Image processing
- Clinical database
- IP lookup algorithms and packet classifications
- Wireless sensor networks
- Civil Engineering
- FRP Concrete composites
- Steel-concrete composites
- Cold-formed Steel
- Monitoring and retrofitting of structure
School of Sciences and Humanities
- Fiber optics and MEMS
- Materials Science
- Electronic Materials
- Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Quantum Dots
- Light Emitting Diodes
- Graph Theory
- Graph Theory and its Applications
- Fuzzy Theory and Applications
- Fuzzy Graph Theory
- Stability Analysis of Dynamical Systems
- Sensors and Silicon Photonics
- Crystal Growth
- QPM Devices
- Piezoelectric Ceramics and Sensors
- English Literature
- English Language Teaching (ELT)
- Public Finance and Policy
- Rural Finance
School of Commerce & Management
- Behavioral Finance
- Financial data analytics
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Equity Research
- Investment management
PhD Full Time
The candidates in the following categories may apply for the full time residential Ph.D. program based on the eligibility criteria:
- Those who have cleared the eligibility criteria and directly applying for Ph.D.
- Those are in employment, who want to pursue full-time study, should be sponsored by their employer, and should avail leave for the minimum duration of the program as prescribed by the research regulations and should get formally relieved from their duty to join the research program.
- Those who are sponsored by AICTE under Quality Improvement program for teachers at other colleges and who satisfy the eligibility conditions, specializations as notified in the AICTE guidelines and is offered by the University.
- Those who are selected at national-level fellowship programs or by any recognized bodies.
- Foreign-nationals sponsored by the government of India or their respective government on any exchange programs.
PhD Part Time
- Candidates who work as full time teaching faculty of self-financing colleges, Government aided colleges or any other Government recognized educational institutions.
- Candidates who work in Industrial Units/R&D Departments/National Laboratories/ Units of Government/Quasi-Government or any other research laboratories within India, that are recognized by the university to do research with the university and are sponsored by the respective employer.
Direct PhD in Engineering
School of Engineering is extending a warm invite to candidates who are Bachelor degree holders with a keen sense of scientific enquiry for pursuing advanced research in frontier areas of Computer Science and Engineering and interdisciplinary areas leading to a Direct Ph.D. This shall allow exceptionally talented students to save nearly a year compared to those who go for a two-year Masters degree program followed by a Ph.D. program. The program encourages the student to gain more credits in key course works of interest.
SNU Chennai PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
|Ph.D. Degree in Engineering / Technology
|M. E./ M. Tech./ M. S. (By Research) in the
relevant branch of engineering or technology (or) Equivalent
|Ph.D. Degree in Science and Humanities
|M. Sc./M. S (By Research) in the relevant branch of science and humanities/ M.C.A/ M.A (English/ Communication/ Mass Communication/
Journalism/ Media Arts) (or) Equivalent
|Ph.D. Degree in Commerce
|Master’s degree in commerce or a related field
(or) B.Com. + CA/ ICWA (or) Equivalent
|Direct Ph.D. in Engineering
|B.Tech./ B.E with a CGPA > 8.5
SNU Chennai PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Application Opening Date
|05 May 2023
|Last date for submission of application
|23 June 2023
|26 June 2023
|Interview for shortlisted candidates
|30 June 2023
|Notification for shortlisted candidates
|03 July 2023
|Commencement of PhD Program
|10 July 2023
SNU Chennai PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates have to fill application form on SNU Chennai website.
- Check eligibility criteria and other instructions available on Shiv Nadar University website before filling application form.
Application fee of Rs.1500
|Fees for Ph.D. Entrance Examination-
(to be paid by the scholars)
Foreign Nationals / OCI
|Rs. 12,000 per semester
Rs. 30,000 per semester
Rs. 50,000 per semester
(one time non-refundable)
|Caution Deposit (refundable)
|Rs 10,000 (One time, refundable)
(i) Scholars will be provided with free shared accommodation in the hostel
(ii) Married Scholars will be provided campus accommodation at a nominal rent
|Thesis submission fee
(to be paid by the scholars at the time of submission of PhD synopsis)
- Full-time Ph.D. scholars admitted to the program shall receive a stipend of INR 20000 per month, with free shared accommodation in the campus. The stipend is subject to the satisfactory performance in the program, which shall be evaluated continuously, in compliance with the University research regulations.
- Full-time Ph.D. scholars admitted to the program shall receive a contingency amount of Rs 25000 per annum for research activities.
- Married scholars shall be provided with campus accommodation on a nominal rent.
- Tangible outputs are expected from the works of the research scholars. Leaving the program without completion may attract penalization.
- SNU Chennai shall not provide stipend/assistantship to part-time scholars
Shiv Nadar University Chennai follows a two-stage selection process, as follows:
- Written test
- Interview for shortlisted candidates at SNU Chennai
Zero Vigyan Alert
This is Private University. Please do proper research before taking admission.