SNBNCBS Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2022-23 – S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS) Kolkata, invites applications with consistently good academic record (First Division/Class) to apply for Admission into the Integrated Ph.D. Programme in Physical Sciences for the academic year 2022-2023. The programme is done in collaboration with the University of Calcutta.
Check full details on SNBNCBS Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2022-23 below here.
Related – SNBNCBS Kolkata PhD Admission
About SNBNCBS Kolkata
- S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS) Kolkata is a premier autonomous research institute under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. In addition, the Centre receives extramural funding from various funding agencies of India and abroad for its different research programmes.
- The Centre has extensive collaborative programmes with other premier institutions in India and abroad through bi-lateral exchanges in which the PhD research scholars take active part.
- The Centre is fully equipped with the stateof-the art infrastructure (experimental and computational) including a digital library for advanced research in chosen areas of Physical, Chemical, Biological and Mathematical Sciences.
- The research programme in biological sciences focuses on the areas of overlap with chemical and biophysical problems.
- Students joining the centre get contingency grants to meet research contingency expenses that include expenses for attending conferences and training programmes in India.
- The students also get generous support to attend International Conferences outside India.
- The Alumni of the Centre have gone on to work in academic and research sectors in India and abroad.
- The Centre offers an excellent atmosphere for academic development of students
SNBNCBS Kolkata Integrated PhD Program
Application invited for Admission into the Integrated Ph.D. Programme in Physical Sciences.
- The applicants are expected to be motivated to make a career in Research.
- The programme is fully residential and the students are offered on-campus accommodations and boarding facilities.
- The students in the Integrated PhD programme have to undertake a prescribed course work for M.Sc.
- The students, who successfully complete these courses, receive an M.Sc. Degree in Physical Sciences from the University of Calcutta.
- For continuation in the Integrated Ph.D. Programme and the fellowship, a minimum scholastic standard and research output have to be maintained.
- The students after a proper screening process will register for Ph.D. degree with the University.
- Monthly Stipend: Rs. 12,000/- during the first two years.
- The successful completion of the Course Work will lead to an M.Sc. Degree by the University of Calcutta, and thereafter, upon meeting the eligibility criteria, the students will be inducted as JRF. They will get Stipend at par with Centre’s JRF if admitted to the JRF programme. The programme is strictly residential – all students will be provided on campus accommodation.
- Rs. 12,000/- each year is payable in two equal instalments at the beginning of the Autumn and Spring Semester.
Eligibility Criteria for SNBNCBS Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2022-23
- B.Sc. either in Physics Honours or combination of Physics and Mathematics with First Class / Division i.e. minimum 60% marks. (55% for SC/ST/OBC (non creamy layer ) / EWS / PWD candidates) (Physics cannot be an allied / subsidiary / minor subject in B.Sc.)
- None. However, the last qualifying University examination (Bachelor in Science) should have been taken not earlier than 2021.
- JEST 2022 : Upto AIR 237 in JEST-2022 OR
- JEST 2021 : Upto AIR 100 in JEST 2021 (with valid JEST score card) OR
- NGPE 2022 : All India Top 25 Rank. [NGPE ’22 qualified students should clear one National Level Test (CSIR-UGC-NETJRF/JEST/GATE) within 2 years of M.Sc. duration. This is mandatory for their up- gradation into the PhD Programme ]
SNBNCBS Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Starts Date of Online application||16 April 2022|
|Last date for submission of Online application||15 May 2022|
|Date of Interview for Integrated PhD||30-31 May 2022|
SNBNCBS Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online through the website https://admission.bose.res.in/
- Before applying, be sure that you satisfy all the criteria for admission at SNBNCBS. Your application may be rejected, or admission cancelled, if any discrepancy is found at any stage.
Steps for submitting an Application
- Step – 1 Sign In to get access of the application form
- Step – 2 Filling application form
- Step – 3 Fee deposit through online mode only.
- Step – 4 Submission of application form
|General category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|For reserved categories (including Women)||Rs. 250/-|
|Mode of Payment||Through NEFT / RTGS / UPI Mode only|
SNBNCBS Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2022-23 Results
The following students are selected for admission in the Integrated Ph.D. Programme for the Academic Year 2022-23: List
SNBNCBS Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2021-22
|Online application system starts on||11th August, 2021|
|Online application system closes on||22th August, 2021|
|Integrated Ph.D. Interview||31th August & 1st September, 2021|
SNBNCBS Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2021-22 Results
SNBNCBS Kolkata Integrated PhD Admission 2020-21
|Online application system starts on||01 May, 2020|
|Online application system closes on|
|Integrated Ph.D. Interview||13-17 July, 2020 (Tentatively)|