SLIET PhD Admissions 2021 – Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET) invites application for admission to its Part-Time and Full-Time PhD programmes through SLIET Entrance Test 2021(SET-V).
Candidates those who have qualified CSIR/UGC NET with fellowship/ NET (ASRB) with fellowship/ GATE / any other State Level Eligibility Test (SLET/SET) with fellowship are exempted from appearing in entrance test and have to appear directly for an interview.
Check more details about SLIET PhD Admissions 2021 (SET 2021) below here.
SLIET PhD Admissions 2021 Important Dates
|Availability of application form||15 Apr 2021|
|Last date for Applying||15 Jul 2021|
|Admit Card availability||to be announced|
|SLIET SET-V 2021 exam date for Ph.D. programme||8 Aug 2021|
|Answer Key of Entrance Test||to be announced|
|Interview for Ph.D||23 Aug 2021|
|Declaration of Final Result||26 Aug 2021|
|Counselling for Ph.D. programmes||3 Sep 2021|
PhD Admission Categories
- Full Time (with fellowship)
- Full Time (without fellowship)
- Part Time
- Physics (PHY)
- Chemistry (CHY)
- Mathematics (MATH)
- Mechanical Engineering (MECH)
- Chemical Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Humanities (English) (ENG)
- Food Engineering & Technology (FET).
- Management (MGT)
Eligibility Criteria for SLIET PhD Admissions 2021
- Master’s degree in Science/ Management/ Engineering/ Technology/ Humanities with minimum 55% marks in relevant disciplines.
- A professional degree equivalent to the Master’s degree with minimum 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade is also accepted.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, should be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently abled and other categories of candidates.
Admission Procedure for PhD programme will be based on 2 stages process.
- SET-V Entrance Test- Firstly, applicants have to appear for SLIET Entrance Test (SET V) which is conducted at SLIET, Longowal. The qualifying marks will be 50% marks(45% for SC/ST/PWD/OBC NCL) for next stage.
- Interview-Qualified candidates of the earlier stage have to appear for an interview round. Here, candidates have to give a presentation about their research interest.
Candidates who have qualified CSIR/UGC NET with fellowship/ NET (ASRB) with fellowship/ GATE / any other State Level Eligibility Test (SLET/SET) with fellowship are exempted from SLIET SET-V and have to appear directly for the interview.
The final merit is drawn on the basis of interview.
SLIET SET PhD Entrance Test 2021 Exam Pattern
For SET V – PhD Course
|Type of Question||Objective type|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Exam Duration||Two hours|
|Total Question||100 questions|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
Syllabus of Entrance Test
Research Methodology – 50%
Subject Specific Paper – 50%
- Candidates can apply online on SLIET Website.
- Read information brochure before filling application form.
|For General and Other Categories (Boys)||Rs.1750/|
|For General and Other Categories (Girls)||Rs.1250/|
|For SC/ST Categories (Boys & Girls)||Rs.1000/|
For more details and to apply online – Visit