SKBU PhD Admission 2023: Sidho Kanho Birsha University (SKBU) -Purulia, West Bengal invites application for PhD Admission 2023.
Check full details on SKBU PhD Admission 2023 here.
SKBU PhD Programs
SKBU invites application for following PhD Programme for 2023 –
- PhD Anthropology &Tribal Studies,
- PhD Bengali,
- PhD Botany,
- PhD Commerce,
- PhD Chemistry,
- PhD Economics,
- PhD Education,
- PhD English,
- PhD History,
- PhD Mathematics,
- PhD Physics,
- PhD Philosophy,
- PhD Sanskrit,
- PhD Sociology,
- PhD Zoology,
- PhD Geography,
- PhD Political Science,
- PhD Psychology,
SKBU PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must obtain 55% marks in the Two- Year Master’s level in relevant subject after a Three-year Bachelor’s degree or in M.Phil.
- Five percent marks relaxation will be allowed to SC/ ST/OBC-A/ OBC-B/ Differently Able candidates.
SKBU PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Start of Online Application||27 Dec 2022|
|Last date of Online Application||27 Jan 2023|
|Entrance Exam Date||to be announced|
SKBU PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on the SKBU website.
- Read notification carefully before filling application form.
- An application fee of Rs. 1000/- for Unreserved & OBC candidates and Rs. 500/-for SC/ST / Differently Able candidates is to be paid online during the submission of application form.
SKBU PhD Admission 2023 Selection Process
- Admission to the PhD Programme will be conducted through 02 (two) phases –
- Research Eligibility Test (written examination)
- The candidates who have cleared UGC/CSIR – NET (including JRF)/SET/GATE/Teacher Fellowship/INSPIRE Fellowship) will not be required to appear at the Research Eligibility Test( RET). However, they will have to submit the application form along with the required fees to appear at the Viva-voce directly.
- M.Phil. candidates will be selected through Research Eligibility Test( RET).
SKBU PhD Entrance Test 2023 (RET) Details
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test consists of 50% in the area of Research Methodology and remaining 50% shall be subject-specific.
- For subject part of entrance test (RET), the UGC/CSIR NET syllabus will be followed.
- The qualifying marks for Entrance Test will be 50% for general candidates and 45% for the SC/ST/OBC-A/ OBC-B/ Differently Able candidates.
- Other necessary information related to question pattern, list of eligible candidates, schedule & venue of entrance test, mode of entrance test etc. will be uploaded in the official website of University (www.skbu.ac.in) in due course.