SGGSWU PhD Admission 2021 – Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University (SGGSWU) Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab invites applications for PhD Admission in various disciplines for the academic session 2021-22.
Check more details below here.
Available PhD Programs
- Commerce & Management
- Computer Science
- Electronics Engineering
- Food Processing Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Sri Guru Granth Sahib & Religious Studies
Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Submission of forms without late fee||23 July 2021|
|Submission of forms with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||27 July 2021|
|Entrance Test||29 July 2021|
- Master’s degree with minimum 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA (50% marks or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST candidates, OBC (non-creamy layer), differently abled persons who have more than 40% disability) or those who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991 or an equivalent degree of a recognized Indian or Foreign University in the subject concerned or allied subject.
- Candidates possessing a Degree, considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Prospectus and Application form can be obtained from the university on payment of Rs. 550/- or may be downloaded from university website.
- The completed application form along with the required fee (application and Entrance Test fee) and documents should be submitted in person or through registered post or speed post to the Admission Cell of the University
|Prospectus Fee||Rs. 550/-|
|Application cum Entrance Test Fee||Rs. 3000/-|
- Admission will be based on the entrance test and interview.
- Following categories of candidates may be exempted from taking entrance test for PhD program:
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-CSIR NET (JRF)/NET/SLET (Punjab State)/GATE examination.
- The holders of teacher fellowships.
- Direct Awardees of Fellowships from Govt. Agencies like DBT/DST/ICMR/ICAR/ INSPIRE/RGNF/MANF (Students appointed in the projects sponsored by above agencies are not exempted from Entrance Test).
- Foreign students sponsored by Government of India agencies like ICCR, Ministry of HRD, etc. and foreign students sponsored by their respective Governments/Embassies.
- Other Foreign students residing outside India (Foreign Passport holders) who wish to seek admission directly(without any sponsorship) to Ph.D. Programme.
- The test will comprise of two papers, each of 75 minutes duration:
- Paper-I (Common for all subjects) : This paper will have 60 objective type multiple choice questions. The scope of paper will be General Aptitude, Reasoning, Numerical/ Mental Ability, Indian Education system, Analytical skills/ Research aptitude, Environment, language Proficiency, Teaching Aptitude and any other topic covered in Paper-I of the UGC-NET.
- Paper-II (For subject opted by the candidate) : This paper will have 60 objective type multiple choice questions. The scope of the paper will be limited to the core areas relating to concerned discipline/ subject.
- The syllabus of Paper-II will be same as that of UGC- NET
- There is no negative marking in the Test.
- A candidate is required to obtain at least 50% marks in the entrance test to qualify. Provided that a relaxation of 5% marks (from 50% to 45%) in the qualifying marks for the entrance test shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layers)/Differently abled category.
The candidates who qualify the entrance test will be interviewed by the Research Advisory Committee to assess whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research.
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the university.
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
- The number of candidates to be admitted to the Ph.D. programme will be notified by the University
For more details and to apply online – visit