Raman Research Institute PhD Admission 2021 – Raman Research Institute (RRI) Bangalore invites applications for PhD Program in various research areas for the academic session 2021-22.
Students at RRI are registered for their PhD degree with Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. RRI is also a participant in the Joint Astronomy Programme (JAP) with the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
Check more details on Raman Research Institute PhD Admissions 2021 here.
Latest – Shortlisted candidates for interview declared
Vacancies & Area of Research
|Astronomy & Astrophysics||04|
|Light and Matter Physics||03|
|Soft Condensed Matter||07|
Area of Research
Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Cosmology and Galaxy Formation
- Cosmic Rays and Gamma Ray Astronomy
- Clusters of Galaxies
- The Galaxy and the Interstellar Medium
- The Intergalactic Medium
- X-Ray Astronomy and X-Ray Astronomical
- Signal Processing in Astronomy
Light and Matter Physics
- Degenerate Bose and Fermi gases
- Fundamental Tests of Quantum Mechanics
- Intense Laser–Matter Interactions
- Nonlinear Optics and Ultrafast Phenomena
- Quantum Information, Computation and Cryptography
- Quantum Random Number Generation
- Quantum Optics, Quantum Sensing and Cavity QED
- Quantum interactions Between ions, Atoms and Molecules
- Waves in Random Media
- Condensed Matter and Statistical Physics
- Non-Equilibrium Dynamics
- Topological Quantum Matter
- Light–Matter Interaction
- Classical and Quantum Gravity
Soft Condensed Matter
- Structure, Dynamics and Phase Behavior of
- Soft Matter
- Rheology of Soft Matter and Living Cells
- Physics of Biological Systems – Cells to DNA
- Nano-devices for Biosensing
- Liquid Crystals: Phase Transitions, Structure, Topological Defects, etc.
Important Dates for RRI Bangalore PhD Admission 2021
|Online application Opening||May 2021|
|Extended Last Date for Application||22nd August 2021|
Regular MSc degree in Physics/Mathematics or M.E./M.Tech degree in engineering with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in aggregate or equivalent for the qualifying degree.
Students those who are going to complete their final degree in the academic year 2020-2021 may also apply, provided they can produce their final scorecard at the time of admission.
- Students are paid a scholarship of Rs. 31,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs.35,000/- per month thereafter for the next three years, subject to satisfactory progress.
- In addition, they are paid a book grant of Rs.5,000/- per annum for four years.
- Hostel accommodation, if available, or HRA at the rate of 24% of the scholarship will be provided for a period of five years.
- RRI encourages and supports participation of students in national and international conferences.
All candidates need to apply online for admission at RRI website.
The online application will start only after the result of JEST, CSIR-UGC NET and GATE exam are announced
The Candidates seeking admission are called for a written test and/or interview based on:
Performance in the Joint Entrance Screening Test 2021 (JEST-2021)
The final selection of all the candidates is based on performance in written test and/or interviews.
RRI Bangalore PhD Admissions 2021 Results
Shortlisted candidates for interview
Interview Dates – 13-17 September, 2021
For more details and to apply online – visit
Previous Years Admissions
Raman Research Institute (RRI) Bangalore PhD Admissions 2020
List of Shortlisted candidates for Interview
List of Shortlisted candidates for Interview: Click here
(The candidates have been shortlisted for online interview based on their first preference selected in application form and the student requirement for that group.)