RMPSSU Aligarh PhD Admission 2022-23 – Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh State University, Aligarh invites applications for PhD admission for the academic year 2022-23.
Check full details on RMPSSU Aligarh PhD Admission 2022-23 below here.
RMPSSU Aligarh PhD Programs
|S. No.||Subject/Program||Vacant Seats|
|1||Education / B.Ed.||24|
|19||Drawing and Painting or Visual Arts||03|
|20||Music (Sitar) / Music (Vocal)||02|
Eligibility Criteria for RMPSSU Aligarh PhD Admission 2022-23
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body of the University, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by a competent authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks (without including the grace), from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Divyang and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the State Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 — point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph.D. Degree in the University as an integrated programme) A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission/State Govt. from time to time.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- For Ph.D. Degree in Allied subjects, candidate must have Master’s degree in the subject relevant to the proposed research work.
RMPSSU Aligarh PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Date of Commencement of Online Application||07.11.2022|
|Last date for Online Application||07.12.2022|
|Last date for Online Application with late Fee Rs. 500/-||14.12.2022|
|Last date to receive hard copy of application form at university by registered post only with self-attested documents||21.12.2022|
|Availability of RET Admit Card for down load||Second Week of January- 2023|
|Tentative date for Research Entrance Test (RET)-2022||Fourth Week of January- 2023|
RMPSSU Aligarh PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online through official website of RMPSSU Aligarh.
- Before filling application form read instructions carefully.
Steps to Fill Application Form
- Step 1 Registration/Online Fee Payment
- Step 2 Filling / Editing of Application form
- Step 3 Final Submission And Printout of Application form
- Step 4 Submission of hard copy
|For SC/ST/PwD Category||Rs. 800/-|
|For General/OBC/EWS Category||Rs. 1600/-|
RMPSSU Aligarh PhD Admission Process
- All admission to Ph.D. programme shall be made through an Entrance Test (except exempted category).
- The candidates belonging to the following categories seeking admission to Ph.D. programme shall be exempted from the entrance test:-
- Regular Teachers of the University and its affiliated colleges who have completed their probation period successfully.
- All students who quality the UGC/CSIR/ICAR Fellowship/Teacher fellowship or other central regulatory bodies for their fellowship, subject to the validity norms of the respective fellowship.
- Candidates who have GATE score of not less than 95 percentile.
- Serving Army, Navy and Air force officers of at least Colonel or equivalent rank with not less than 15 year’s services, applying for Ph.D. in Defense Studies /Military Studies/Military Science.
- Candidates who have procured M.Phil. Degree with at least 55% marks from this University provided that they had been admitted to M.Phil. Program on the basis of an Entrance Test.
- Provided further that the number of exempted candidates from all above mentioned categories shall not be more than 50% of the total vacant seats in the respective subject. In case, the students from exempted categories are not available; the remaining vacant seats shall be filled by the candidates who qualify the Entrance Test on merit basis.
RMPSSU Aligarh PhD Entrance Details
- The minimum qualifying marks of the Entrance Test is 50% (5% relaxation to SC/ST/Divyang).
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test Shall consist of 50% of Research Methodology and 50% shall be Subject Specific.
- The Entrance Test shall be conducted at the Centre(s) notified in advance (changes of Centres, if any, shall also be notified well in advance) at the level of the University. and
Pattern of Entrance Test
- Paper I Research Methodology
- 50 Multiple Choice Questions of 2 marks each based on the following topics: Basic concept of research, Review of literature, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Report writing and Research ethics.
- Paper II Subject Specific
- 50 Multiple Choice Questions of 2 marks each. The questions will be based on syllabus of NET/JRF examination of UGC/CSIR/ASRB etc.
General guidelines about test
- The written test will be of 200 marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The Ph.D. entrance test will be held in one sitting, 120 minutes.