RGCB PhD Admission 2023 (May) – Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thiruvananthapuram invites application for PhD admission in various domains of Disease Biology and Plant Science for the 2023 (May) session.
Check more details on RGCB PhD Admission 2023 (May) below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
RGCB PhD Course
RGCB PhD program is affiliated to the Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) an “Institution of National Importance” providing education, training and research established by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India under the auspices of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Registration of the selected candidates will be as per the guidelines issued by RCB for the award of PhD degree.
Fees for PhD Programme
Students admitted for PhD programme will have to pay a laboratory fee of ₹5000 per semester for the first ten semesters and ₹10,000 for every semester after. However SC and ST candidates are exempted from paying the Laboratory fees. EWS is also exempted from paying Laboratory fees, but only after producing a valid income and asset certificate from the competent authority in each financial year.
All the students have to pay the RCB administrative fees.
Eligibility Criteria for RGCB PhD Admission 2023 (May)
- Candidates with a post-graduate degree in Life/ Agricultural/ Environmental/ Veterinary/ Pharmaceutical/ Medical Sciences or allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology, etc.) with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in the UGC 10 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale where ever grade system is followed) or an equivalent from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country which assess, accredit or assure quality and standard of the educational institutions are eligible to apply.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks (from 60% to 55%), or an equivalent relaxation of grade point, may be allowed for those candidates belongs to the SC, ST and Differently abled candidates.
- The candidate should have a valid JRF (UGC/ CSIR/ ICMR/ DBT/ DST-INSPIRE or any other nationally-competitive fellowship) offered by the Government and should be valid for a period of 5 years.
- Upper age limit is 26 years as on May 2023. Age limit will be relaxed for SC, ST and physically challenged candidates as per Government of India regulations.
RGCB PhD Admission 2023 (May) Important Dates
|Last date of application||15th June 2023 Thursday @ 5:30 PM|
|Publication of the list of shortlisted candidates||Last week of June|
|Date of interview||First/ Second week of July 2023|
|Date of joining PhD program||Last week of July 2023|
|Date of commencement of PhD Course Work||August 01, 2023|
RGCB PhD Admission 2023 (May) Application Procedure
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website https://rgcb.res.in/
- Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
|SC/ ST/ EWS/ Physically challenged candidates||Exempted|
|Mode of Payment||‘SB Collect’ of State Bank of India|
- Candidates with valid JRF will be shortlisted based on overall academic performance.
- Final selection is based upon the performance of the student in the interview.
- PhD interviews are held either by offline/online mode.
- The guidelines for interview will be provided all the shortlisted candidates.
- List of the selected candidates will be displayed on RGCB website.
|Notification & Application Form||Click Here|
|RGCB Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admission Notifications||Latest PhD Admission Notifications|
|Admissions in Kerala||Admissions in Kerala|
Join Our Telegram Channel
RGCB PhD Admission 2022 (Nov)
RGCB PhD Admission Nov 2022 Important Dates
|Last date of application.||30th November 2022 Wednesday @ 5.30 PM|
|Publication of the list of shortlisted candidates.||First week of December|
|Online interview.||Second/Third weeks of December 2022|
|Joining RGCB PhD program.||Second week of January 2023|
|Commencement of RGCB PhD Course Work.||Second week of January 2023|
RGCB PhD Admission 2022 (April)
RGCB PhD Admission April 2022 Important Dates
|Last date of application||11 May 2022|
|Publication of the list of shortlisted candidates||Third week of May|
|Online interview||Fourth week of May 2022|
|Joining RGCB PhD program||Second week of June 2022|
|Commencement of RGCB PhD Course Work||Third week of June 2022|
RGCB PhD Admission April 2022 Results
RGCB PhD Admission 2022 (Jan)
|Date of advertisement in news papers||15th November 2021 [Monday]|
|Last date of application||10th December 2021 [Friday]|
|Date of publication of the list of shortlisted candidates||17th December 2021 [Friday]|
|Date of online interview||23rd, 24th December 2021 [Thursday & Friday]|
|Publication of the list of selected candidates (Website)||24th December 2021 [Friday]|
|Date of remittance of fees||On or before 3rd January 2022 [Monday]|
|Date of Hostel Check in||10th, 11th January 2022 [Monday, Tuesday]|
|Date of joining PhD program [Certificate verification, Joining Report, Consent letters]||14th January 2022 [Friday]|
|Date of commencement of PhD Course Work||17th January 2022 [Monday]|
RGCB PhD Admission Jan 2022 Results
RGCB PhD Admission 2021 (Jan)
|Start date of application||17 February 2021|
|Last date for submission of the application||10 March 2021|
|Date of publication of the list of shortlisted candidates||17 March 2021|
|Date of online interview||05-09 April, 2021.|
List of Shortlisted Candidates
Only students with a valid JRF for a tenure of 5 years will be admitted for the PhD program.
|SI No||Registration No||Name Of Applicant|
|1||RGCB/2021/F/2||R Rang Jordan|
|3||RGCB/2021/F/4||Deependra Singh Gohil|
|7||RGCB/2021/F/8||Kavitha U K|
|8||RGCB/2021/F/9||Mir Ahmad Habib|
|11||RGCB/2021/F/12||Apsara I G|
|13||RGCB/2021/F/15||Revathy G Nair|
|15||RGCB/2021/F/17||Iqra Nafees Khan|
|17||RGCB/2021/F/19||Vineetha N N|
|22||RGCB/2021/F/24||Darsana C V|
|23||RGCB/2021/F/25||Silpa A R|
|28||RGCB/2021/F/31||Geethu S Nair|
|32||RGCB/2021/F/35||Mahesh Kumar Panda|
|36||RGCB/2021/F/39||Munagala Mounika Srinivas Reddy|
|41||RGCB/2021/F/44||Simi Asma Salim|
|42||RGCB/2021/F/45||Deena T David|
|47||RGCB/2021/F/50||Beauty Rani Koch|
|56||RGCB/2021/F/60||Thanzeen P S|
|63||RGCB/2021/F/67||Jeevan Kumar Gochhayat|
|66||RGCB/2021/F/70||Shamila Minnu K C|
|69||RGCB/2021/F/73||Reshma M Balan|
|70||RGCB/2021/F/74||Jayshreeben Natvarlal Parmar|
|72||RGCB/2021/F/76||Vasundara Devi S|
|74||RGCB/2021/F/78||Jadhav Prasad Ramchandra|
|75||RGCB/2021/F/79||Deeptha K P|
|77||RGCB/2021/F/81||Rosani Kumari Shaw|
|78||RGCB/2021/F/82||Kanishk Milind Diwekar|
|81||RGCB/2021/F/85||Rajina B R|
|86||RGCB/2021/F/90||Unhale Lalita Gangadharrao|
|91||RGCB/2021/F/97||Puja Laxmanrao Shinde|
|95||RGCB/2021/F/101||Amit Kumar Singh|
|96||RGCB/2021/F/102||J B Jayasudha|
|104||RGCB/2021/F/113||Nayana K M|
|105||RGCB/2021/F/114||Theertha P V|
|106||RGCB/2021/F/115||Abdul Basit Khan|