Presidency University Kolkata UG Admission 2022-23 – Presidency University Kolkata invites online applications for admission into following three-year (six semesters) Undergraduate Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Science (BSc) Courses(Major/Honours) for the session 2022-2023.
Check full details on Presidency University Kolkata UG Admission 2022-23 below here.
Related – Admissions in West Bengal
Presidency University Kolkata UG Courses
- Sixteen departments of Presidency University offer Sixteen Major/Honours subjects for undergraduate studies.
- The minimum duration of undergraduate course is 6 semesters or three years. All courses offered by Presidency University is fulltime.
- Presidency University follows Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) in undergraduate level for all subjects. So, students have the option to study variety of General Courses along with major subject.
- Some of the departments also have international students at undergraduate level. Several departments run international student exchange programme through which student are allowed to study some of the papers in foreign university also.
Available Subjects (Major/Honours)
- BA Bengali
- BA English
- BA Hindi
- BA History
- BA Performing Arts
- BA Philosophy
- BA Political Science
- BA Sociology
- BSc Chemistry
- BSc Economics
- BSc Geography
- BSc Geology
- BSc Mathematics
- BSc Physics
- BSc Statistics
- BSc Life Sciences
Course-wise and category-wise availability of seats is as follows –
Eligibility Criteria for Presidency University Kolkata UG Admission 2022-23
- There is no upper or lower age limit.
- Candidates must have passed (not before 2022) in the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 system) conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal, or any equivalent examination from a recognised board/council.
- Candidate must pass any of the aforementioned examinations, with at least five recognized subjects (full marks of each not less than 100), including English language and excluding compulsory Environmental Science. The Aggregate Marks is to be calculated considering score in best four recognized subjects.
- Candidates with International ‘A’ level or International Baccalaureate qualifications must have at least three subjects at the IGCSE level and three subjects at the ‘A’ level, with English in either of the two levels..
- The candidate must secure a minimum aggregate score in percentage as per the following table in his/her qualifying examination in (10+2) th standard.
Presidency University Kolkata UG Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Application start date||18 July, 2022 (from 12 noon)|
|Application end date||05 August 2022 (till 12 noon)|
|Publication of Provisional General Merit lists||12 August 2022|
|1st Online Reporting||13 to 16 August 2022|
Presidency University Kolkata UG Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- Last date for Presidency University Kolkata UG Admission 2022-23 is 05 August 2022 (till 12 noon).
- The application has to be made ONLINE only through the University website http://presiuniv.ac.in.
- A candidate can apply for maximum two subjects.
- Candidates need to have a working mobile number and an email ID. All future communications by the University (if any) will be sent to this mobile number and the email ID only.
Points to remember during form fill-up
- No application fee is required.
- Verify the data and selection of course(s) before final submission (Apply button). Data can be verified and modified several times. So, take your time to verify data before final submission. You can login any number of times to modify data. DATA/ INFORMATION CAN NOT BE MODIFIED, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION (Apply Button). Wrong/incorrect data may lead to cancelation of application as well as admission. No fee will be refunded if the admission is cancelled due to wrong data/ information.
- Uploading of Photo, Signature or any other documents are not required at the time of applying.
- Use Registration number or Index number of 10+2 Level (Unique student identification number of the Board)
- Enter your own email id and phone number
- During form fill-up, under Educational Information A) enter average marks of LIFE SCIENCE and PHYSICAL SCIENCE out of 100 if you have studied LIFE SCIENCE and PHYSICAL SCIENCE as separate papers in 10th level B) enter average marks of HISTORY and GEOGRAPHY out of 100 if you have studied HISTORY and GEOGRAPHY as separate papers in 10th level
- The Aggregate Marks of 10+2 level is to be calculated considering score in best four recognized subjects (irrespective of marks of the subjects asked in the form).
- The Total Marks of 10th level is to be calculated as per Board’s Guidelines i.e. Out of FULL MARKS 400 or 500 or 600 or 700 etc. Do not consider additional or optional paper for calculating the total marks or full marks.
- Do not put random/incorrect values in optional fields which are not applicable for you.
Steps to fill Application Form
- Step 1 – Registration
- Step 2 – Fill Educational Information
- Step 3 – Select Subject Choices
- Step 4 – Submit and Take print out
- The admission in bachelor degree courses for different categories will be based strictly on merit.
- The General Merit List (GMR) will be prepared based on the academic score only (details are given in notification).