PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2021 – Applications are invited by Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh for PhD admission July 2021.
The selection for PhD admission will be done through the Entrance Test. The entrance test will be held on 05 June 2021.
Check more details on PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2021 here.
Categories for Registration to PhD Programme
- Own Fellowship (Net Qualified With Fellowship)
- PGI Fellowship
- Research Scheme Employees (With Financial Support Under Any Project/Scheme Of PGIMER)
- In Service Candidates
- Deputed/Sponsored Candidates
Important Dates for PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2021
|Start of Online Application||05 March 2021|
|Closing date for Online Application||27 April 2021|
|Date & Time of Online Exam (CBT)||05 June 2021|
|Declaration of Result (tentative)||12 June 2021|
|Counselling (tentative)||22 June 2021|
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For Medical Qualification
- MBBS/MDS/Master of Physio-therapist with at least 55% marks in aggregate or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. A “Failure” in the examination, “Compartment” or “Re-appear” in the examination will constitute an attempt.
- Only those Candidates having MBBS/ MS /MD/ MDS/Master of Physio-therapist degree from Medical Colleges recognized by the Medical Council of India are eligible to apply.
For Non-Medical/Life Sciences/Social Behavioral Sciences
- MSc/ Masters in Engineering/ MA or its equivalent with minimum 60 % marks in the subjects mentioned below from the institutes/colleges recognized by the UGC are eligible.
For Non-Medical/Life Sciences
A degree of Master of Sciences (MSc) or M.Sc. (Laboratory Technology) or Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) or MSc (Speech & Hearing) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences such as Biochemistry, Biophysics, Anatomy, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Physiology, Human Biology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & M.Sc (Human Genomics), ME/M.Tech.
Social Behavioral Sciences
The candidates with the following subjects are eligible for Social Behavioural Sciences, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, , Nursing, Nutrition and Child Development.
M.Sc/ MA/ M.Phil in Health Promotion/Education, Health Management, Epidemiology, Environmental Health/Environmental Sciences and Public Applied Nutrition/Health Nutrition/ Food & Nutrition, Economics/Health Economics/Applied Economics, Public Health/Community Health and MPH. Post-graduation in Law i.e. LLM and its equivalent qualification.
- Have qualified national level examination (with fellowship only) conducted by UGC/Joint CSIR-UGC NET, ICMR-JRF/ ICMR – SRF /DBT-JRF /DBT- SRF/Graduate aptitude test (GATE), INSPIRE fellowship / UGCSRF/CSIR – JRF/CSIR- SRF/DST – JRF/DST –SRF (within two years only).
- Candidates with the fellowship in the project from (Either independent or in Extramural Project are NOT exempted from entrance exam).
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates has to apply online through the official website of PGIMER Chandigarh
- Read the Prospectus carefully before filling the online application form.
Application Processing and Examination Fees
|General/OBC Category||Rs. 1500/- Plus Transaction charges|
|SC/ST Category||Rs. 1200/- Plus Transaction charges|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
The 1st part of Method of selection i.e. aptitude test comprises (a) General Science (b) English, (c) Biostatistics & Research Methodology consists of 30 marks. All questions in this part are compulsory with each question carrying one mark.
Stream Specific (Medical, Non Medical (Life Science and behavioral Sciences), theory part of the question paper will contain 75 questions and the candidates may attempt any 50 questions.
There will be negative marking to the extent of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the theory paper.
The In-service Medical faculty of PGIMER, Chandigarh and the candidates having their own fellowship, as Joint CSIR-UGC-NET- JRF, ICMR-JRF/ICMR-SRF/DBT-JRF/DBT-SRF/Graduate aptitude test(GATE)/INSPIRE fellowship/UGC-JRF/UGC-SRF/CSIR-JRF/CSIR-SRF/DST-JRF/DST-SRF will be exempted from entrance test and will appear in counselling directly.
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Entrance Test 2021 Pattern
- Mode of Exam :- Online Mode (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of Exam :– 90 Minutes Part I & II
- Date of Exam :- 05th June, 2021, 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM (90 Minutes)
- Number of Shifts :- 01 (One)
- Exam Centres :- Chandigarh (Tri City), Jalandhar and Delhi (NCR)
- Language of Paper :- English
- Type of Question :- Objective Type (MCQ)
- Marking Scheme :-
- Correct Answer: One Marks(+): 1
- Incorrect Answer :- Minus one-fourth(-): ¼
- Unanswered/Marked for Review :- 0
Merit List & Minimum Cut-Off Marks
Candidate scoring the below mentioned minimum marks in aptitude test and specialty specific theory test (combined) will be eligible to appear in counselling
|General/OBC/Spon/FN category||40 marks|
|SC/ST category||36 marks|
Distribution of Marks
|Aptitude Test||30 Marks|
|Specialty theory Test (questions for the respective theory)||50 Marks|
|Aptitude Test||General Science, English, Biostatistics and Research Methodology|
|Specialty theory Test (questions for the respective theory)||Medical MBBS level or Non Medical Sciences or Social & Behavioral Sciences|
Declaration of Result
Results for PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2021 will be available on their website.
For more details and to apply online – visit