Periyar University MPhil & PhD Admission 2021 – Periyar University invites applications for Common Entrance Test for MPhil and PhD Program offered in the Various Departments / Affiliated Colleges / Research Institutions of Periyar University for 2021-22 (July Session)
Check more details on Periyar University MPhil & PhD Admission 2021 below here.
Available PhD Admission Categories
Candidates can register under the following categories for the Ph.D. programme
- Full Time (with or without stipend or fellowship)
- Part Time (teacher or non-teacher; internal vis-à-vis external)
- Research Fellows/Research Assistants/Technical Assistants/ Project Assistants/Training Officers in Extension Departments approved by the University, appointed in the Research Projects funded by recognized Agencies/ Government are also eligible to register for Ph.D. on a full time basis in the same department provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria laid down.
- Independent Research without Supervisor
Periyar University MPhil & PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Last date for submission of on-line application||09 August 2021|
|Last date for submission of printed version of the on-line application||12 August 2021|
|Hall tickets||To be announced|
|Date of Common Entrance Test||To be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for Periyar University MPhil & PhD Admission 2021
- Master Degree with at least 55% of marks or an equivalent grade and 50% or equivalent for candidates belonging to SC/ST community and those who have qualified for the Master’s degree before 19th September.
- The Candidates who are studying Post Graduate Programs and cleared all papers up to III Semester are eligible to apply for MPhil/PhD Program.
Periyar University MPhil & PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online only on the University Website www.periyaruniversity.ac.in.
- The duly filled online application printout (hard copy) along with required documents should be sent to the university.
|For SC/ST and Differently-abled candidates||Rs. 250/-|
|For Other Candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
- A Common Entrance Test will be conducted for all the PhD applicants (FT, PT & teacher candidates) aspiring to join the University Departments and approved affiliated colleges/ institutions.
- No PhD Programme offered through the distance education mode.
- The candidates who qualify UGC-NET / UGCCSIR (NET) / SET / GATE / Teacher Fellowship holder/M.Phil. Degree holder who have been admitted through common entrance test conducted at the University level (evidence of common entrance mark should be produced) are exempted from appearing written test but shall attend the interview conducted by the Department Research Committee.
- The candidates for Ph.D. Programmes who are awarded national fellowship under RGNF, INSPIRE etc., by the funding agencies may be admitted irrespective of their score in the entrance test.
Admission through the two stages
- An Entrance Test consists of both written test and oral interview. Written test will be conducted for 40 marks and oral interview for 10 marks. Candidates securing 50% altogether shall be declared eligible for admission. Those candidates scored at least 15 marks in the written test will be called for oral interview. Rank list may be prepared based on entrance test (50%) and P.G. marks (50%).
- An interview to be organized to discuss their research interest / area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee to cheek the candidate’s competence for the proposed research.
For more details and to apply online – visit