Panjab University PhD Admission 2021 – Panjab University, Chandigarh invites application for MPhil and PhD Entrance Test the academic Session 2021-22.
Latest – Application Form is available now
Faculties for MPhil and PhD Program
The Panjab University, Chandigarh will hold an Entrance Test for enrolment to MPhil and PhD in the following Faculties –
- Faculties of Science
- Faculties of Business Management & Commerce
- Faculties of Design & Fine Arts
- Faculties of Education
- Faculties of Engineering
- Faculties of Languages
- Faculties of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculties of Law
- Faculties of Arts
Schedule for Panjab University MPhil and PhD Admission 2020
|Date of availability of MPhil & PhD Prospectus & Online Entrance Test Form on the Web||26 Jul 2021|
|Last Date for Submission of Information on the Web to Generate the Bank Challan||24 August 2021|
|Last Date for Deposit of Fee in any branch of SBI using Web Generated Challan||27 August 2021|
|Last Date for Submission of Fee through Online Mode||27 August 2021|
|Last Date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website||30 August 2021|
|Final date by which Roll No.||Will be available online|
|Candidates who have not completed their form but have paid their requisite fee, can complete their form by paying late fee of Rs.500/-||09 September 2021|
|Date of Holding Entrance Test||12 September 2021 (Sunday)|
|Uploading of Answer Key and inviting Objections||24 September 2021|
|Last Day of Submission of objections to the Answer Key||26 September 2021|
|Uploading of the response to the Objections & Inviting Cross-objections (through e-mail only)||01 October 2021|
|Last day of submission of Cross-objections to the Answer Key||03 October 2021|
|Date of Declaration of Result||08 to 13 October 2021|
|Centre for Entrance Test||Chandigarh Only|
Panjab University MPhil and PhD Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Master’s degree or an equivalent degree to the Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
A relaxation of 5% of marks or equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to ST/SC/ BC (non-creamy layer)/ PwD and other categories of candidates.
For detailed Eligibility Criteria – read Information Brochure
Exemption From Entrance Test
- Exemption from entrance test will be given to those who have already cleared any of the national test like UGC?CSIR NET including JRF, SLET, GATE, or any other prestigious test for national level scholarship/ fellowship conducted at all India level on behalf of national institution(s), for example, GPAT, and JEST, Direct awardees of fellowship for pursuing Ph.D. and working permanent teachers of Panjab University and affiliated college are also exempted from the entrance test.
- If you are exempted from Entrance test then you need not apply on https://phdadmissions.puchd.ac.in/
- Please clarify regarding admission from concerned department.
Eligible candidates has to apply online through the official website https://phdadmissions.puchd.ac.in/
Read the instructions given there before filling application form.
|For General Candidates||Rs. 2175/-|
|For SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 1088/-|
- Candidates have to qualify M.Phil. & Ph.D. entrance test conducted by the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- The written test shall be followed by a mandatory interview in the form of interaction to be organized by the concerned school / department/ Institute/Centres, as the case may be.
- At the time of interview, the candidates are expected to discuss their research area. Interview is essential for enrolment in M.Phil. & Ph.D. programme and selection would be solely based on the performance of the candidates in the Interview.
The exam will consist of 2 papers in each subject as detailed below:
|Type of Question||Objective Type / MCQs|
|No. of Questions||50 Questions|
|Questions to be attempted||50 Questions|
|Maximum Marks||50 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||Each question will carry one mark. There will be no negative marking.|
|Type of Question||Subjective / Descriptive Type|
|No. of Questions||08 Questions|
|Questions to be attempted||05 Questions|
|Maximum Marks||50 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||Each question will carry ten marks. There will be no negative marking.|
There will be 25 questions on Research Methodology in Part A and 25 MCQs on Subject specialization in Part B).
There will be FOUR questions on Research Methodology in Part A and FOUR questions on Subject Specialization in Part B in Paper II.
Out of that the candidate is expected to attempt FIVE questions at least two questions from each Part in Paper II.
Use of calculator for Paper-II is allowed. However, use of programmable calculator is not allowed.
Initial evaluation will be of Paper-I (Objective Type). Only if a candidate obtains 40% (35% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) marks or more only then his/ her
paper II will be evaluated.
However, the total qualifying marks for Paper I and II would be 50%
Admit card can be downloaded from the website.
The examination center for Entrance Exam 2021 will be Chandigarh only.
For more details and to apply online – visit
Previous Years Admissions
Panjab University MPhil and PhD Admission 2020
|Online Registration Starts from||13 July 2020|
|Last Date for Registration||16 October 2020|
|Last date for submission of fee||19 October 2020|
|Last date for completion of form||22 October 2020|
|Admit Card||02 March 2021|
|Candidates who have not completed their form but have paid their requisite fee, can complete their form by paying late fee of Rs. 500/-||04 March 2021|
|Date of Holding Entrance Test||07 march 2021|
|Uploading of Answer key and inviting objections||22 March 2021|
|Last day for objections to the Answer key||24 March 2021|
|Date and mode of declaration of result||16 March to 19 April 2021|