PDEU PhD Admissions Jan 2023 – Pandit Deendayal Energy University Gandhinagar Formerly Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) invites applications for PhD Admissions for the academic session Jan 2023.
Check full details on PDEU PhD Admissions Jan 2023 below here.
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Solar Energy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Thermal and Fluid Engineering
- Thermal System Design
- Design Engineering
- Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
- Industrial Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering and Management
- Interdisciplinary Areas
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information & Communication Technology
- Petroleum Technology
- Faculty of Management
- Energy Sector Management
- Operations Management
- HRM & Organizational Behavior
- Information Systems Management
- Strategic Management
- Financial Management and Accounting
- Data Science in Business
- Faculty of Liberal Studies
- English Language & Literature
- Public Policy & Public Administration
- Political Science-International Relations
- Business administration (Marketing & Finance)
- Mass Communication
Categories of PhD Students
- Regular (Full Time)
- Sponsored Students (Full Time)
- Project Staff (Part Time)
- Locally and Professionally Employed Personnel (Part Time)
- Sponsored Students – External Registration (Part Time)
PDEU PhD Admissions Jan 2023 Important Dates
|Last date for Online Application||26th December, 2022|
|List of candidates for selection procedure on the University website||30th December, 2022|
Written Aptitude Test
Discipline wise proficiency – evaluation (Personal Interview)
|06th January, 2023|
|Announcement of the list of candidates offered the admission||10th January, 2023|
|Last Date for paying fees||17th January, 2023|
|Induction programme for admitted candidates||19th January, 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for PDEU PhD Admissions Jan 2023
A student seeking an admission to Ph. D. Programme of the University is required to have minimum educational qualification as mentioned hereunder –
- A 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year / 8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
For research in Engineering / Technology
- M. Tech. / M. E. / M. Sc. (Tech.) or its equivalent along with Four Year Graduation as recognized by UGC / AICTE in with Four Year Graduation as recognized by UGC / AICTE in appropriate area.
- M. Sc. (Physics / Chemistry / Electronics / Nanotechnology / Materials Science) eligible to apply also for the research areas related to Solar Energy.
For research in Sciences
- M. Sc. degree or its equivalent as recognized by UGC in appropriate area.
For research in Management
- M.B.A. / M.Tech. / M.E. / A.C.A. / A.I.C.W.A. / A.C.S. level or its equivalent as recognized by UGC / AICTE in appropriate area
For research related to Liberal Studies
- Master’s Degree or its equivalent as recognized by UGC in appropriate area.
PDEU PhD Admissions Jan 2023 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply on the official website of the University.
- Read instruction and PhD admissions rules before filling application form.
- Application Fee – Rs.700/- (Non Refundable)
Selection for PhD Admissions will be a two stage process-
Written Aptitude Test (WAT)
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marks for each question||1 Mark|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Research methodology questions||50%|
|Subject specific questions||50%|
Personal Interview (PI)
- Entrance test shall be qualifying in nature with qualifying marks as 50%, and only such candidates will be eligible to appear at the PI – Personal Interview / Viva Voce.
- A relaxation of 5 % marks will be allowed in the entrance examination for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled category, Economically Weaker Section (EWS), and other categories of candidates as per the decision
- The candidates have to discuss their research area /interest through a presentation before a Committee.
The PI shall consider the following aspects –
- Research objectives, Literature Survey, Methodology, Expected results, List of papers referred, & also industry tie up if any.
- Research Methodology aspects for preparing Doctoral Proposal.
- Whether the research work can be suitably undertaken at the University.
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research.
- Contribution to new/additional knowledge out of the proposed research.
- Competence for the proposed research.
Admission merit list for the eligible candidates who qualified in the written test and appeared in PI will be based on 30% of Personal Interview (PI) score, and 70% of Entrance Test score.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|PDEU Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
|Admissions in Gujarat||Admissions in Gujarat|
PDEU PhD Admission 2022
|Last Date for Online Application||18 Feb 2022|
|List of candidates for selection procedure||declared|
PDEU PhD Admission 2021
|Last Date for Online Application||31 May 2021|