NUJS Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 – West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS) Kolkata invites application for PhD admission for the academic year 2022-23.
Check full details on NUJS Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 below here.
NUJS Kolkata PhD Programs
Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) in –
- Political Science
- Forensic Science
NUJS Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate shall have LL.M/M.Sc. degree or any Master’s degree having the potentiality of interdisciplinary study from any university recognized by UGC or equivalent LL.M or Master’s Degree of foreign university with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- However, this condition is relaxed to 50% in case of candidates belonging for those who obtained their Master’s degree prior to 10th September 1991.
- The condition is relaxed to 50% in case of candidates belonging to SC and ST/OBC (Non creamy layer) or differently abled categories.
- Candidates who have qualified for UGC NET/SLET/SET/JRF fellowships or having M.Phil. Degrees are exempted from Entrance Test. However, they have to undergo interview.
- Candidates appearing in Final LL.M Examination or Master Degree in respective subject may also apply.
- Admission of candidates shall be through an Entrance test and interview.
- Admission of candidates of entrance exempted category will be on the basis of interviews only.
Shortlisting of Candidates
- All the applicants have to submit a Research Proposal within 3000 (three thousand) words.
- The Proposal shall include- Concept &Introduction; Statement of Problem: Literature Review national/ international; Research gap; Objectives of the Study; Research Questions; Hypothesis (if any); research Methodology; Research Design ; Research Tools; research outcome/significant contribution.
- On evaluation of the Research Proposals the short listed candidates shall be called for written tests and/or Interview as the case may be.
- It may be noted that candidature of those candidates who shall not submit the Research Proposal including the above details shall automatically be rejected.
- There will be an Entrance Test consisting of one Research Methodology paper of 1.5 hours duration (50 marks) and one Law paper of 2 hours duration (50 marks) for candidates. The written off-line test will be informed in due course.
- The syllabus of the entrance tests hall cover 50 marks questions on Research Methodology and other 50 marks from various law subjects or interdisciplinary subjects as the case may be.
- Law subjects are- Law of Contract; Constitutional Law; Law of Crimes; Public International Law; Jurisprudence; Company Law; Intellectual Property Law; Information Technology Law.
- Separate Exam will be held for Political Science, History, Economics and Forensic Science.
- Interview for all qualified candidates will be held on the basis of his/her Research Proposal.
- Selection of candidates for the available seats shall be on the basis of marks obtained in Research Proposal, entrance test plus interview or Research Proposal and interview only as the case may be on the basis of merit.
- Date of interview will be notified later on.
PhD Program Fee Details
- Registration fee of Rs. 15,000/- (Non-refundable) (at the time of registration) plus annual fees of Rs. 50,000/- per annum (Non-refundable).
NUJS Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Start of application form||25 June 2022|
|The last date for submission of the application form||25 July 2022|
NUJS Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Application can be downloaded from the university website www.nujs.edu.
- The applications need to be accompanied by a payment proof of Rs 2000/‐ paid through SBI Collect should be submitted to the office of Registrar, WBNUJS.