NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2021 – Netaji Subhas University of Technology (NSUT) formerly Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology invites applications for admission to PhD Program offered in various disciplines for the academic year 2021-22.
Check more details on NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2021 below here.
NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2021 under AICTE Doctoral Fellowship (ADF) Scheme
Available PhD Program
NSUT and its campuses invite online applications for Ph.D. programme in
- The candidate must have secured the minimum percentage of educational qualification prescribed for eligibility as in Undergraduate and Postgraduate be 70% (69.5 % and above) for General/OBC candidates, whereas for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) be 65% (64.5% and above). In the absence of percentage, the candidate must have secured minimum
cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.5 on the scale of 10 or equivalent at bachelor’s
and master’s whereas for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) it is 7.0 on the scale of 10. In addition to above, the candidate should have qualified GATE/ NET during the last 5 years.
• The students serving as faculty under TEQIP scheme can also be given preference for
admission in this programme.
• The minimum percentage criterion for the Indian students’ qualified Bachelor/Master’s
degree from Foreign Universities shall be waived off but student will have to qualify GATE exam during last 5 years.
- The candidate should be less than 30 years of age as on date of admission in respective
University. However, age relaxation of 5 years would be applicable to candidates belonging
to SC/ ST/Women/Physically challenged category.
- AICTE supported ADF fellowship is not admissible to left out students, who have already availed the ADF fellowship from AICTE, on his/her taking admission for the 2nd time in any other University/Institutes.
Online Application Process
- Candidates will have to register online at www.nsut.ac.in or
- https://www.imsnsit.org/imsnsit/elearn_phdregistration.php as per the instructions given on the website.
- All candidates are required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs.1000/- ONLINE using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-Banking.
- Last date for submission of completed application form is 22.09.2021.
For more details and to apply online – visit
NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2021
Available PhD Programs
List of Departments with PhD Vacant seats
|Name of Departments||Seats with university|
|Maximum Seats without|
|ECE (MAIN CAMPUS)||28||24|
|ECE (EAST CAMPUS)||17||5|
|CSE (MAIN CAMPUS)||2||9|
|CSE (EAST CAMPUS)||1||Nil|
|IT (MAIN CAMPUS)||3||1|
|IT (WEST CAMPUS)||Nil||Nil|
|ME (MAIN CAMPUS)||5||6|
|ME (WEST CAMPUS)||0||0|
|CIVIL (WEST CAMPUS)||9||8|
|MATHS (MAIN & EAST|
|PHYSICS (MAIN & EAST|
|HUMANITIES AND SS|
PhD Admission Categories
- Research fellow with NSUT Teaching-cum-Research Fellow ( Rs. 45,000/- per month)
- Research fellow with NSUT University Research Fellow (URF) Position with Rs. 30,000/- fellowship per month)
- Research Scholars with a fellowship from other sponsoring agencies (CSIR/UGC/DST/ DBT/ICMR etc.)
- Research Scholars without any fellowship (Self-financing mode).
NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Online application Start||30 June 2021|
|Closing of online application||18 July 2021|
|Display of candidates eligible for Written Test||20 July 2021|
|Issue of admit card||21 July 2021|
|Date of PhD Written test||26 July 2021|
|Call for Interview who cleared written test||28 July 2021|
|PhD Interviews (online Schedule shall be displayed)||30-31 July 2021|
|Last date for fee submission and admission||06 August 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2021
An applicant possessing a Master Degree or equivalent in Sciences/ Engineering/ Technology/ Management/ Humanities/ Social Sciences in the respective discipline with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA and Bachelor’s Degree with a 60% of marks or equivalent CGPA is eligible to apply.
Candidates applying for Teaching-cum-Research Fellowship shall be required to have a Master Degree in the respective field with atleast 70% of marks or equivalent CGPA and Bachelor’s Degree with a 60% of marks or equivalent CGPA.
In case, the equivalence between the percentage of marks and CGPA is not defined by the University from where the candidate has obtained the qualifying degree, then the UGC/AICTE equivalence criteria shall be applicable.
- Refer to the information brochure for the details of eligibility with respect to subject wise Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree requirements.
In all the Ph.D. programmes of the University, reservation of seats with university fellowship for applicants in all the categories including SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently abled applicants/EWS shall be in accordance with the policies of Govt. of NCT of Delhi/University.
SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled applicants may be permitted 5% marks relaxation in the eligibility requirement at Master’s level or Bachelor’s level.
Any seat(s) remaining vacant in the above categories, shall be filled by the candidates from unreserved category
NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2021 Application Process
Candidates have to apply online through the official website of NSUT.
Separate application forms should be filled for Ph.D. programs for each Department. Wrong information will lead to rejection of application/cancellation of admission.
Read all instructions given there before filling up online forms available on the official website.
|Application fee||Rs. 1000/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online Through Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking.|
The candidates who have already applied online and submitted the fee in April 2021 need not apply
Selection of candidates will be based on the Written Test and Interview. The Research Scholars shall be admitted in two-stage process through an Entrance Test and an Interview.
Selection shall be done on the basis of –
Online Entrance Exam
- The result of this Exam shall be used for qualifying purposes only.
- Exam shall be conducted by the exam cell/Department.
- Number of candidates who score 50% of highest marks scored by any candidate or 5 times of no. of tentative vacancies whichever is higher, shall be called for interview.
- Further, University has the right to call more number of candidates for interview on the recommendation of Departments.
This shall have a weightage of 40 %.
- This shall have a weightage of 60 %.
- The credential score shall be calculated as per the criteria mentioned in brochure.
- In case there is no CGPA to marks conversion then the conversion formula, as given below, shall be applicable. % of Marks = (CGPA(CPI) − 0.75) × 10.
Syllabus For Entrance Test
The syllabus for the entrance test shall consist of 50% questions on Research Aptitude/Methodology which may include quantitative methods/computer applications, experimental techniques etc. and 50% subject specific questions. Refer to information brochure about the concerned department for the syllabus of written test.
NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2021 Result
Previous Years Admissions
NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2020
|Online application Start||06th July 2020|
|Closing of online application||03rd August 2020|
|Issue of admit card||To be announced|
|Date of PhD Written test||To be announced|
|Date for Interview||To be announced|
NSUT Delhi PhD Physics Admission 2020
|S.No.||Area of Research||Faculty||With Univ. Fellowship (TRF)||Without Univ. Fellowship Self-Sponsored, UGC, CSIR, DST RF and others|
|1.||Solar Energy Materials and Device Application||Prof. Ranjana Jha||03||02|
|2.||Functional Materials: Doped ferrites, Multi ferroics, Ferroelectric and Ferromagnetic Composites.||Prof. O.P.Thakur||03||02|
Eligibility for PhD Physics
M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Physics/Electronics/ M.Sc. in Material Science and Nanotechnology/M.Sc. in Nanoscience and Technology/M.Sc. in Nanotechnology or Dual degree/ integrated course for Masters degree in physics.
Syllabus for Written Test
The syllabus for the entrance test shall consist of 50% questions on Research Aptitude/Methodology which may include quantitative methods/computer applications, experimental techniques etc. and 50% subject specific questions from syllabus as of GATE Physics Syllabus.