NIT Trichy PhD Admission July 2021 – National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli invites applications for PhD admission July 2021.
Check more details like admission categories, important dates, application process etc. on NIT Trichy PhD Admission July 2021 here.
Latest – Application form is available now.
Categories for PhD Admission
- Full Time
- Half-Time Research Assistantship (HTRA)
- Externally Funded
- Part-Time – In-Service
NIT Trichy PhD Admissions July 2021 Important Dates
|Online Application portal opens||June 9, 2021|
|Last date for application||July 9, 2021|
|Tentative Schedule for Written|
|Around July 15,|
- Applicants with masters’ degrees (including those currently in their final semester and expecting degrees awarded in 2021) (i) in the OC/OC-EWS/OBC-NCL category must possess 60% or above aggregate marks (equivalently, CGPA at least 6.5/10), and (ii) in the SC/ST/PwD category must possess 55% aggregate or above aggregate marks (equivalently, CGPA at least 6.0/10.0), in both UG and PG degrees for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- In addition, a qualified GATE, or an equivalent National level test, score, preferably obtained in the last 5 years from the closing date of application form, is mandatory.
- These applicants are eligible for all 4 categories of Full-Time and Part-Time.
- However, GATE/equivalent score is not mandatory for applicants from Industry and R & D Labs for admission into Part-Time External category.
- Exceptionally outperforming applicants currently in their final semester of their B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. degree programme, and are expected to get their bachelors’ degrees awarded in 2021, (i) in the OC/OC-EWS/OBC-NCL category must possess 80% or above aggregate marks (equivalently, CGPA at least 8.5/10), and (ii) in the SC/ST/PwD category must possess 75% aggregate or above aggregate marks (equivalently, CGPA at least 8.0/10.0) for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- In addition, a qualified GATE, or an equivalent National level test, score is mandatory.
- These applicants are eligible for Full-Time HTRA category in the Architecture and Engineering departments only.
- Selected candidates will be joining a two-degree M.Tech/M.Arch. + Ph.D. programme in Architecture/ Engineering
For department specific eligibility criteria read Information Brochure
NIT Trichy PhD Admissions July 2021 Application Process
Candidates have to apply online in the official website of NIT Trichy.
Read information Brochure carefully before filling application form.
|For OC/OBC-NCL/EWS candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|For ST/ SC/ PwD candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|Mode of Payment||Through State Bank icollect mode|
Candidates will be shortlisted for a written test.
Then shortlisted candidates on the basis of performance in the written test will be called for interview.
For more details and to apply online – visit
Previous Years Admissions
NIT Trichy PhD Admission Jan 2021
|Online Application portal opens||Jan 2021|
|Last date for application||20 Feb 2021|
NIT Trichy PhD Admission Jan 2021 Results
Information Brochure Jan 2021 – Download