NIT Sikkim PhD Admission 2022-23 Even Semester – NIT Sikkim invites application for PhD Admission for academic session 2022-23 even semester.
Check full details on NIT Sikkim PhD Admission 2022-23 Even Semester such as the important dates, eligibility criteria, application process and more below here.
NIT Sikkim PhD Programs
The Institute offers PhD programmes in the following Departments/Disciplines:
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
Basic Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Humanities and Social Sciences (English)
Each of the above-mentioned departments offers Full-time and Part-time PhD Programmes under the following categories –
- Full-time research fellows
- Institute Research Fellow
- Research Scholars with External Assistantship
- Self-financed Candidate
- Part-time research scholars
NIT Sikkim PhD Admission 2022-23 Even Semester Eligibility Criteria
PhD in Engineering Discipline
- BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech in relevant branch of Engineering/Technology with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA.
- Bachelor degree (BE/B.Tech) in in relavant discipline of Engineering/ Technology from IITs / NITs / IIITs / other CFTIs with minimum 85% marks or 9.0 CGPA.
PhD in Basic Science and HSS(English) Discipline
- Master degree in relevant discipline of Science/English with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA.
- For SC/ST/PwD candidates, a relaxation of 5% marks or 0.5 CGPA will be considered, i.e., minimum of 55% marks or 6.0 on the 10 point scale.
Important Dates for NIT Sikkim PhD Admission 2022-23 Even Semester
|Start of application form||24 November 2022|
|Last date of online application (Extended)||31 December 2022|
NIT Sikkim PhD Admission 2022-23 Even Semester Application Process
- Application form is available on NIT Sikkim website.
- Application fee has to be deposited online only.
- Applicant has to pay through Online Payment Gateway.
- The applicant has to take a receipt of the online payment and note the trasaction id.
- Candidates applying for more than one programme in different departments have to apply on separate application forms, with application fee for each programme.
- Incomplete applications or applications not in specified format or applications not received in time will not be considered.
- Application fee has to be deposited through online only. Applicant has to pay through Online Payment Gateway. Visit the following link: https://nitsikkim.ac.in/admission/fee_structure.php
- Follow set by step process of fees payment as provided.
- The applicant has to take a receipt of the online payment and note the transaction id.
- If you wish to apply for more than one Department, please send separate applications for each Department with application fee of ₹300/- (₹100/- for SC/ST/PwD) for each programme.
The candidates are required to furnish the following documents at the time of written examination and/or interview in original for verification:
- Valid Photo-ID proof
- Marksheets and Degree Certificates of all qualifications/degrees starting from class 10th or equivalent.
- Character Certificate issued by the Head of the Institution/Department last attended.
- OBC/SC/ST/PD certificate, if applicable.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Statement of Purpose indicating the area and type of research work proposed to be carried out.
- GATE/NET qualification certificate
- Appearing Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute for candidates appearing for final examination of the qualifying degree.
- Re-print of research publications (1st page only), if any
- Any other information related to eligibility
- Fellowship/Scholarship award certificate (for funded by other agencies, NET/CSIR/UGC, etc)
- No Objection Certificate from employer for one semester residential stay at NIT Sikkim, otherwise application may be rejected (for part-time).
- Experience Certificate (for part-time only).
- The final selection process to Ph.D. programme to any Departments at NIT Sikkim will be through written test and/or interview.
- Selection procedure will be notified to the shortlisted candidates by email.
- Moreover, the names of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the Institute website along with the detail schedule and venue of examination and/or interview.
|Information Brochure||Click Here|
|Application Form||PDF / Word|
|NIT Sikkim Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
|Admissions in Sikkim||Admissions in Sikkim|
NIT Sikkim PhD Admission 2022-23 Odd Semester
|Start of application form||01 April 2022|
|Last date of online application (Extended)||07 May 2022|
NIT Sikkim PhD Admission 2022-23 Odd Semester Results
Provisionally Selected Candidates for PhD admission is available now.
- ME PhD Shortlisted Candidates after First Round of Written Test
- Physics PhD Shortlisted Candidates after First Round of Written Test
- EEE PhD Shortlisted Candidates after First Round of Written Test
- Chemistry PhD Shortlisted Candidates after First Round of Written Test
- CSE PhD Shortlisted Candidates after First Round of Written Test
- HSS PhD Shortlisted Candidates after First Round of Written Test