NIT Rourkela Executive PhD Admission 2022 – National Institute of Technology Rourkela (NIT Rourkela) invites applications for Executive PhD Programmes of the Institute to be offered under Self Financing Scheme Starting in Autumn (July) semester of the AY 2022-23.
Check full details on NIT Rourkela Executive PhD Admission 2022 below here.
Related – NIT Rourkela PhD Admission (Regular)
NIT Rourkela Executive PhD Programs
|Name of the Department||Code||Indicative Broad Areas of Research for Executive PhD|
|Biotechnology and Medical Engineering||BM||Medical Electronics & Instrumentation, Biomaterials & Tissue Engineering, Cell & Molecular Engineering, Bioprocess Engineering, Agriculture & Environmental Engineering, Biomechanics & Bio-transport.|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Engineering.|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Biochemical & Bioenergy Engineering, Catalysis and Reaction Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Energy Storage, Coal chemicals, Fluidization Engineering, Heat Transfer for Industrial Applications, Interfacial Science and Nanotechnology, Polymers and Advanced Materials, Thermodynamics & Molecular Simulations, Transport Process and Complex Fluid, Sensor and Sensing Technology, Systems Modelling and Control, Process Design and Optimization.|
|Ceramic Engineering||CR||Ceramics, Structural Ceramics, Nano Ceramics, Bio Ceramics, Electro Ceramics, Ceramics for energy sector and environmental engineering, Refractory, Glass.|
|Computer Science & Engineering||CS||AI/ML, IOT, Computer Networks, Cloud Computing WSN, Software Engineering, Computer Vision, Biomedical Signal and image processing, Cloud Security, Cryptography, Low Power VLSI, Theoretical Computer science, NLP, SDN.|
|Chemistry||CY||Biophysical Chemistry, Organic, Materials, Bio-Inorganic, Inorganic, Organometallic, Physical, Computational, Supramolecular, Bio-organic, Nano Science, Environmental, Theoretical, Solid State, Biochemistry.|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC||VLSI Design & Embedded Systems, Microwave & Radar Engineering, Signal & Image Processing, Communication and Networks, Electronics and Instrumentation.|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||All areas of Electrical Engineering|
|Earth and Atmospheric Sciences||ER||Geology, Geophysics, Atmospheric & Ocean Sciences|
|Food Process Engineering||FP||Food Packaging and Storage Engineering, Food Properties, Extrusion Food Quality & Safety, Computer Aided Engg, Post-Harvest Operations, Product Development and Ingrediet Innovation, Transport Process & Kinetics|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||HS||English, Economics, Sociology/ Anthropology, Psychology, Sanskrit.|
|Industrial Design||ID||Robotics, Product Design, CAD, Ergonomics Design, Assistive Devices Design, Acoustics, Vibration, DFMA, Design Applications, Interaction Design, Rehabilitation Devices Design.|
|Life Science||LS||All areas of Life Science|
|Mathematics||MA||Numerical Analysis, Number Theory, Differential Equation, Fractional Calculus, Probability & Statistics, Mathematical Physics, Integral Equations, Stochastic Process, Functional Analysis, Fractal Theory, Soft Computing, Convex and Variational Analysis, Algebraic Combinatorics, Computational Finance, Algebraic Graph Theory, Linear Algebra, Fluid Dynamics, Representation Theory, Control Theory, Lie Super Algebra, Finite Geometry, PDE|
|Mechanical Engineering||ME||Thermal, Cryogenic and Vacuum Tech., Industrial Engg. & Management, Production Engg., Machine Design and Material, Manufacturing Science|
|Metallurgical & Materials Engineering||MM||Mechanical Metallurgy, Computational Materials, Process Metallurgy, , Nano materials|
|Mining Engineering||MN||All specialization of Mining Engineering|
|Planning and Architecture||PA||Vernacular architecture, Climate responsive Building Design, Green Infrastructure, Environmental planning, Landscape design, Landscape planning, Construction Management, Urban Planning, Urban Design, Housing, Neighborhood Planning, Community Planning, Age friendly Neighborhoods/Cities, Urban amenities, Leisure amenities, Urban governance, Transport planning, Infrastructure planning, Land use planning, Global cities, City network, Contemporary urbanization, Network analysis, Vulnerability assessment, Environmental psychology|
|Physics and Astronomy||PH||Astronomy & Astrophysics, Classical & Quantum Chaos Theory|
|School of Management||SM||Operations and Supply Chain Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, General Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance.|
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Rourkela Executive PhD Admission 2022
Minimum qualification required for admission to Executive Ph. D programs in Engineering, Science, Planning & Architecture, Management, and Humanities & Social Sciences is one of the following:
- M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks or 1st class in in both B.Tech.(B.Pharm/M.Sc./MCA or equivalent) and M.Tech levels from a recognized Technological Institute or University.
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm/MCA/B.Arch. or equivalent in relevant discipline with at least 7.0 CGPA or 65 percent marks.
- M.Sc. in Basic Sciences with CGPA 7.0 or 65 percent marks in relevant disciplines. For applicants with valid GATE/NET/GPAT score, requirement may be relaxed by maximum 0.5 CGPA or 5% marks.
- M.B.B.S./B.V.Sc. with 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks or 1st class.
For Executive Ph. D Programme in Management and Humanities & Social Sciences:
- M.A. / MBA / M.Com. / M. Sc. in Humanities and Social Sciences or Management with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks or 1st class and B.A. / BBA / B.Com. / B. Sc. with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks or 1st class.
- Relaxation of 0.5 in CGPA [5 percent in marks] may be considered in the qualifying degree for the Group-A officers of Central/State Govt./Autonomous Bodies, faculty and Group-A officers of Central/State Universities/CFTIs, positions in private sectors having annual CTC equal to annual gross pay at the minimum pay scale in Level – 10 of 7 CPC Pay Matrix, who have at least 5 years of experience as on 30th June 2022.
- Less than 6.5 CGPA [6 percent marks] in 10th and/or 12th will be accepted without qualifying in NET/GATE/any other examination.
- Less than 6.5 CGPA [60 percent marks] in B.A. / BBA / B.Com. / B. Sc. / B.E. / B. Tech. / B. Pharm. / M. Sc. / MCA will be accepted if the same is not the minimum qualifying degree [i.e. in case of (a), (c) and (e) above] for applicants who have qualified in NET/GATE/GPAT/any other examination in any year (validity not mandatory).
In addition to the above eligibility criteria (based on minimum qualification), following additional criteria will also be applicable:-
- For admission to Engineering and Science disciplines (except Life Science), an applicant should have passed Mathematics in +2 Science.
- Science students admitted to Ph. D program in Engineering need Mathematics in +3 level. Students without Mathematics in +3 level may be admitted under the condition that they will have to register for 16 credits of 1000 and 2000 level Mathematics and 1000 level Computer Science courses (Theory and Practical) in addition to their normal course requirement, and secure at least C grade in each course.
- A student should have passed Life Science or Biological Science either in +2 or +3 level for admission to Ph. D in Life Science department.
- Students without adequate background in the primary discipline will be required to have 10% extra marks (1.0 CGPA) to qualify over students with specialization in a primary discipline, unless explicitly exempted by the Senate. List of primary disciplines and specializations for various departments is given in Clause “D” below.
- Must have 02 years of post-qualifying degree work experience as on 30 June, 2022.
However, a higher selection criteria (may be different for different departments) may be set by the Departments during scrutiny of applications depending on the number and quality of applications. Therefore, mere fulfillment of the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee an applicant to be called for test/interview and/or grant of admission.
Applicants Awaiting Results Applicants awaiting result of their qualifying degree are NOT ELIGIBLE for admission to Executive and Part-Time Programmes
Qualifying Degrees and Primary Disciplines for Admission
Qualifying Degrees and Primary Disciplines for Admission for NIT Rourkela Executive PhD Admission 2022 –
|Department||Academic Eligibility / Primary Disciplines for Executive Ph.D|
|Biotechnology and Medical Engineering (BM)||ME / M. Tech. / BE / B. Tech. OR Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in Medicine / Dental / Veterinary / Pharmacy OR Master’s degree in Basic Science|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||M. Tech. / B. Tech. in Civil / Mining / Mechanical / Agricultural / Chemical Engineering|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||B. Tech. / M. Tech. in Chemical / Petroleum and Petrochemical / Polymer / Environmental / Metallurgical & Materials / Ceramic / Mechanical / Biochemical / Mining Engineering/ Nanotechnology / Biotechnology|
|Ceramic Engineering (CR)||B. Tech. / M. Tech. in Ceramic / Metallurgical & Materials / Chemical / Mechanical Engg. / Biomedical Engg / Nanotechnology / Biotechnology OR M. Sc. in Physics / Chemistry / Materials Science / Nano Science|
|Computer Science & Engineering (CS)||B. Tech. / M. Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology OR MCA OR M. Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology|
|Chemistry (CY)||M. Sc. in Chemistry / Physics / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Nanoscience & Nanotechnology / Bioinformatics / Industrial Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Environmental Chemistry / Food Science & Technology / Nutrition OR M. Pharm. OR B. Tech. / M. Tech. in Chemical Engineering / Ceramic Engineering / Metallurgical and Materials Engineering / Biotechnology|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC)||B. Tech. / M. Tech. in Electronics Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Electronics & Communication Engineering / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering / Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering / Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||B. Tech. / M. Tech. in Electrical Engineering / Electronics Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering / Electronics & Communication Engineering / Instrumentation Engineering / Instrumentation & Control Engineering|
|Earth & Atmospheric Science (ER )||M. Sc. / M. Tech. in Geology / Applied Geology / Geophysics / Environmental Science / Remote Sensing / Chemistry / Physics / Atomspheric Science / Meteorology / Oceanography / Mathematics OR B. Tech. / M. Tech. in Civil Engineering / Mining Engineering / Electronics Engineering / Computer Science & Engineering|
|Food Process Engineering (FP)||B. Tech. with M. Tech. in Food Processing Engineering / Food Technology / Agricultural Process Engineering / Post Harvest Engineering / Agricultural Engineering|
|Humanities and Social Sciences (HS)||M. Sc. / MA in Economics / English / Sociology / Anthropology / Psychology / Sanskrit OR B. Tech. / M. Tech. in any branch of Engineering OR MBA|
|Industrial Design (ID)||B. Des. / BE / B. Tech. with M. Des. / ME / M.Tech. in any discipline.|
|Life Sciences (LS)||M. Sc. in Life Sciences / Botany / Zoology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Bioinformatics / MBBS / BVSc../ Bio-Physics / Food Science & Technology OR B. Tech. / M. Tech. in Biotechnology or any branch of biological sciences OR B. Pharm. / M. Pharm. OR MS in any branch of biological sciences|
|Mathematics (MA)||M. Sc. in Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / Information Technology OR MCA OR First class B. Sc. with Mathematics / Statistics as Honors’ OR B. Tech. / M. Tech. in any branch of engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||B. Tech. / M. Tech. in Mechanical / Machine Design / Thermal / Cryogenics / Mechatronics / Robotics / Mechanical Vibrations / Automobile / Production / Manufacturing / Industrial Management / Aerospace / Aeronautical / Composites / Tribology / Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer|
|Metallurgical & Materials Engineering (MM)||B. Tech. / M. Tech. in Metallurgy Engineering / Metallurgical & Materials Engineering / Ceramic Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Production Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering OR M. Sc. in Physics / Chemistry / Materials Science|
|Mining Engineering (MN)||B. Tech. / M. Tech. in Mining / Civil / Environmental / Chemical / Electronics / Electrical / Instrumentation / Computer Science / IT / Mechanical / Metallurgical & Materials Engineering OR M. Sc. in Geology / Geo-Physics / Environmental Science / Remote Sensing / Mathematics / Statistics / Chemistry / Physics|
|Planning & Architecture (PA)||B. Arch. with M. Arch. / MCP / MURP / MUP / MTRP / M. Tech.|
|Physics and Astronomy (PH)||M. Sc. in any branch of Science with Mathematics and Physics at B. Sc. level OR B. Tech. / M. Tech. in any branch of Engineering.|
|School of Management (SM)||B. Tech. / M. Tech. in any discipline OR MBA / M. Sc. / MA / M. Com.|
Residential Requirement / Class Timings
- Students of Executive Ph.D. Programme need to attend a Contact Programme for 5 days (separately or in one go) per course during every semester till completion of course work and thereafter minimum 10 days (separately or in one go) each during every subsequent semester till their Synopsis Seminar.
- Accommodation in Hostel / Guest House may be provided subject to availability and on payment basis.
NIT Rourkela Executive PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Application form will be available in the Institute website for online submission||23.06.2022 (Thursday)|
|Last date for application||14.07.2022 (Thursday)|
|Publication of result of scrutiny in the website (‘Notice Board’ section)||21.07.2022 (Thursday)|
|Test and/ Interview (Venue – NIT, Rourkela)/online||29.07.2022 (Friday)|
|Publication of result of Interview in the website||05.08.2022 (Friday)|
|Semester Registration||18.08.2022 (Thursday)|
|Starting of Class / Research work||Will be intimated later on|
NIT Rourkela Executive PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Interested candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria may submit their online application at http://eapplication.nitrkl.ac.in.
- Read advertisement and the instructions to fill up the online application form given in the online portal carefully.
- Pay non-refundable Application Fee of Rs. 1000/- through SBI Collect only. No other mode of payment is acceptable. The applicant has to search SBI COLLECT -> ODISHA -> EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION -> DIRECTOR NIT ROURKELA -> APPLICATION FEE FOR EPTP PROGRAMME. After making successful payment of application fee, download the ereceipt from SBI Collect website and/or note down the SB Collect Reference Number. Application fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fill up the online application form at http://eapplication.nitrkl.ac.in with desired information and enter the SB Collect Reference Number in the “Update Application Fee Details” link given at homepage of http://eapplication.nitrkl.ac.in and SUBMIT the application.
- Applicants are NOT required to send hard copy of the application form or any other document(s) to NIT Rourkela.