NIT Kurukshetra PhD Admission 2020 – Applications are invited for PhD Programs (Full-Time/Part-Time) in the Departments/ Schools of Engineering, Sciences, Social Sciences, Computer Application and Business Administration for the current academic session 2020-2021 (Odd Semester).
PhD Programs are offered by the following departments / Schools
- Department of Physics
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- School of VLSI Design and Embedded Systems
- School of Renewable Energy and Exigency
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Computer Application
- Includes Production and Industrial Engineering
NIT Kurukshetra PhD Admission 2020 Important Dates
|Extended Last date for submission of application form||10 Aug 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Kurukshetra PhD Admission 2020
An candidate should satisfy the prescribed qualifications to be eligible for admission to a Ph.D. program of the institute. Degrees obtained through distance education shall not be considered.
The course as well as the University of qualifying degree must be recognized by AICTE & UGC and will be verified by Academic Section before registration.
Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Sciences/Mathematics/ Humanities and Social Sciences in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.5 on a 10-point scale or equivalent or 60% marks in aggregate. OR
Bachelor’s degree in Technology/Engineering with atleast 70% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and a minimum of 10 years of work experience at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent in R&D organization/industry or engineering degree-level technical Institute and Evidence of Master’s level R&D work completed.
Additional Eligibility Conditions
- The applicants should be professionally employed as engineers or scientists in Public Sector Undertakings or Government Departments or national level R&D organization/national laboratories/industry
- Regular faculty of reputed University/Institute/ College having sufficient facilities for research at their place in the related research area.
All such candidates should have a minimum experience of two years at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent as regular employee in the sponsoring university/college/ institute/organisation or national laboratory/R&D organization/industry at the time of applying for admission.
Candidates applying as Part-time are required to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the appropriate authority in the organization clearly stating the following that The candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis and his/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for research and Availability of Research Facilities in the candidate’s field of research at the candidate’s place of work.
Eligibility for Institute Scholarship
Reservation in full time/regular PhD seats in various categories will be made as per the norms of Govt. of India from time to time. Such reservations in various categories will be implemented in all departments/schools on a rotational basis.
For the SC/ST/PwD applicants, the eligibility requirement of marks be relaxed by 5%, or by a CGPA of 0.5 (on a 10 point scale) at both the Bachelor’s and Master’s level.
NIT Kurukshetra PhD Admission 2020 Application Process
Visit the official website of NIT Kurukshetra and Check the Number of Seats, application form, non-refundable application fee and other relevant details along with Ph.D. ordinance and other instructions available there.
Downloaded the Application format available there.
The duly completed applications must reach the office of the Registrar, National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra-136119 (Haryana) by 28th July 2020 (5:00 PM)