NIT Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 Spring Semester – National Institute of Technology Delhi invites applications for Ph.D. (Full-Time/Part-Time/Sponsored) programme at NIT Delhi for 2022-23 Spring Semester.
Check full details on NIT Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 Spring Semester below here.
NIT Delhi PhD Programs
Available PhD Programs
Applications are invited for the PhD admission at the following Departments of NIT Delhi –
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Electronics Communication & Engineering (ECE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Applied Sciences (AS)
- Physics (PH)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Chemistry (CY)
- Environmental Science (EVS)
Types of PhD Program
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 Spring Semester
PhD in Engineering Discipline
- Master’s degree in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.5 on a 10-point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate where marks are awarded. B. Tech degree and Dual Degree (B. Tech & M. Tech) holders having final CGPA >= 8.00 from Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) or National Institute of Technology (NITs) /Universities/ or equivalent with a valid GATE score will be eligible for admission in Ph.D. OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology with a minimum of 70% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and a minimum of 10 years of work experience (at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent) in an engineering degree level technical Institute or R&D organization/industry, and Evidence of Master’s level R&D work completed.
PhD in Sciences
Master’s Degree in appropriate branch of sciences with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA at Master’s and/or Bachelor’s Levels.
Candidate must have GATE score/CSIR JRF /UGC/NBHM award/NBHM award/fellowship for full time PhD.
Part-time applicants will be eligible under following categories:
- Candidates from organizations which have MOU with NIT Delhi.
- Organizations with R & D labs of National Repute.
- Regular faculty/ Teaching cum Research Fellow or Scientists from Educational Institutions, R & D organizations, and Govt. Department/ Govt. Undertaking provided that the applicant possesses the minimum entry qualifications for the degree as given in R 3.1 (PhD ordinance 2021); the applicant is in position to complete mandatory course requirements along with regular counterparts; the applicant proves to the satisfaction of NIT Delhi that his official duties permits him to devote sufficient time to research.
- Project staff(s)/ student(s) under projects sponsored by DST/UGC/any government agency, industry or centers established from grant in aid from government or international agencies at NIT Delhi may be given administrative clearance to seek admission on full time/part time basis subject to recommendations of the concerned Principal Investigator of the said Project and approval of Competent Authority. However he must fulfill the eligibility criteria as per PhD ordinance 2021. No relaxation will be given in screening test.
- To qualify/ appear the PhD Entrance Examination is not mandatory for the candidates applying for PhD (Part-Time)/ PhD (Self financed)/ PhD (Sponsored) category.
- Minimum work experience of 2 years for PhD (Part-Time) is not mandatory.
- PhD course work for Executives (having work experience of 15 years or more in Government/ State Government/ Autonomous Bodies/ Reputed Companies) may be conducted through Project Work/ Seminar.
- Candidates admitted to PhD (Self Financed) may be converted to PhD (Institute Fellowship) if they Qualify NET/ GATE examination of concerned discipline before the Comprehensive Examination of the PhD program subjected to the availability of the Institute Fellowship/ Scholarship.
NIT Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 Spring Semester Important Dates
|Cut-off date for the candidates applying for the Institute Fellowship||31 January 2023|
|For candidates with their own fellowship (CSIR/ UGC – JRF/ SRF/ INSPIRE/ Project fellows etc.) and Part Time/Self Financed may apply until||31 March 2023|
|Schedule for Written Test/Interview||To be declared|
NIT Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 Spring Semester Application Process
- Students have to fill up the online Google Form within stipulated time mentioned. Late submissions will not be entertained, under any circumstances.
- Link for the Online Form: https://forms.gle/E4tt1qxdgnWW3Vr2A
- Read notification carefully before filling application form.
|UR/ OBC/ EWS Candidates||Rs.1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates||Rs 500/-|
|Women Candidates (Indian only)||Exempted|
|Foreign Nationals||USD 50|
NIT Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 Spring Semester Selection Procedure
- Applications as received will be scrutinized at the departmental/ central level by inviting two DPGC nominees. After scrutiny, list of all eligible applicants will be uploaded on the institute website.
- All eligible applicants will have to appear in one objective type written tests of PG level as below:
- Paper : Area of Research/Specialization : 60 marks, 60 minutes duration.
- Qualifying marks are 40% of the total marks for UR/ EWS/ OBC and 35% for SC/ ST/ PwD.
- Tests will be conducted at central/ respective department’s level. Detailed guidelines for the conduct of tests (along with tests schedule) will be uploaded on Institute Website.
- List of the qualifying candidates in the written test will be uploaded by the office of Dean (Academics)/ respective department on the Institute website.
- All qualified candidates (in the written test) will be required to appear before the respective DPGC for an interview comprising of a brief presentation by the candidate related to research area. Qualified candidates (in written test) may contact prospective supervisors in the departments.
- DPGC will evaluate the candidates and marks will be awarded out of 40 marks (15 marks for presentation, 15 marks for interview and 10 marks for academic achievements). Qualifying marks for this are 40% (16 marks). DPGC will submit the score sheet to the Dean (Academics).
- Based upon their performance in written test and interaction/interview with DPGC in totality (out of 100 marks), respective DPGC will recommend to the Office of Dean Academics, the merit list of candidates by awarding marks out of 100, seat wise (as advertised) along with proposed allotted supervisor(s).
Teaching Assistantship-cum-Scholarships/ Fellowships
- The candidates who have qualified GATE/ NET of respective discipline/ Institute Entrance Exam for admission to PhD are eligible for Teaching Assistantship-cum-Scholarships/ Fellowships subjected to the availability.
- Ph. D. (Full-Time) students will be awarded scholarship cum teaching assistantship as per the guidelines of Ministry of Education Govt. of India. The scholarship cum teaching assistantship are limited subject to availability of scholarship cum teaching assistantship, otherwise candidate may be consider for Full-Time without scholarship cum teaching assistantship.
- The selected candidates without scholarship cum teaching assistantship are required to submit undertaking on judicial stamp paper that they will not claim scholarship cum teaching assistantship from the Institute in future. However, they can submit research proposal to different funding agencies or they can apply to different outside funding agencies for scholarship.
|Application Form (Google Form)||Click Here|
|NIT Delhi Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
|Admissions in Delhi||Admissions in Delhi|
NIT Delhi PhD Admission 2022-23 Autumn Semester
|Cut-off date for the candidates applying for the Institute Fellowship||10 July 2022|
|For candidates with their own fellowship (CSIR/ UGC – JRF/ SRF/ INSPIRE/ Project fellows etc.)||may apply throughout the year on Rolling Basis|
NIT Delhi PhD Admission 2021-22
|Last date to submit filled application form through Google Form||10 December 2021 up to 5:00 PM|