NISER Bhubaneswar MSc Medical and Radiological Physics Admission 2023 – National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar invites application for MSc Medical and Radiological Physics Admission for the academic year 2023-25.
Check full details on the application process, eligibility criteria, selection process and more for NISER Bhubaneswar MSc Medical and Radiological Physics Admission 2023 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
About NISER Bhubaneswar MSc Medical and Radiological Physics Programs
Medical physics is the branch of science that mainly deals with the applications of ionizing radiation in health care through radiotherapy, diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine and the associated radiological protection. Specifically, for past several decades, ionizing radiation is being used worldwide for the treatment of cancer and diagnosis of the various diseases. The Master’s program is the first of its kind in the State of Odisha. It is also the first of its kind at Master’s level being conducted by an institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India.
The master’s program in medical and radiological physics has been designed according to the syllabus prescribed by the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), Mumbai. It has a rigorous curriculum with emphasis on physics, radiology and its medical applications.
|Degree awarding institute||Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai|
|Duration of the course||2 years Master’s program and 1 year mandatory internship|
|Total No. of seats||10|
|Minimum qualification and selection||60% marks in B. Sc with physics as a main course and JAM 2022 / JEST 2022 scorecards.|
|Fellowship||Rs. 16,000/- p.m. + HRA and Contingency as per DAE rules, during master’s program|
|Internship hospitals as per AERB guidelines||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar, Acharya Harihara Post Graduate Institute of Cancer, Cuttack and Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai|
Centre offering Program
Centre for Medical and Radiation Physics, National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Jatni, Odisha, an autonomous institute under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India affiliated to the Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai.
The demand for number of radiological and medical equipment is tripling, so the number of the medical physicists also will increase by three times. Hence, there is a need for more medical physicists to be trained.
Skills developed by students
- Safe use of diagnostic and treatment radiation equipment.
- Quality assurance of radiation machines, radiation treatment planning and radiation treatment delivery.
- In-depth knowledge on the radiation machine structure and function.
- Understanding of principles and physical laws governing the biological effects of radiation.
- Solution of radiation therapy technology related problems .
- Train junior technicians in radiation therapy and trainee oncologists on the relevant aspects of medical physics.
- Innovation in radiation therapy technology to enhance safety, improvement of efficacy and cost effective assurance of service.
NISER Bhubaneswar MSc Medical and Radiological Physics Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply should meet the minimum criteria
- First class (60% and above) in Bachelor’s degree in Physical
Sciences or an equivalent degree with Physics as one of the
main subjects from a recognized University.
- Candidates should have JAM 2023 / JEST 2023 scorecards.
- Candidates who are appearing in their Final Examination for Bachelor’s Degree can also apply provided they submit an undertaking that they will submit the qualifying degree certificates by the time of Interview.
|Online Application Starts||April 10, 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||May 15, 2023|
|Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates||May 31, 2023|
|Date of Test/Interview||July 03 to July 06, 2023|
|Announcement of final selection list||July 07, 2023|
Application Process for NIESR MSc Medical and Radiation Physics Admission 2023
Candidates have to apply online in NISER Website.
Steps to Fil Application Form
- Step 1: Visit the official website of NISER (niser.ac.in).
- Step 2: Click on MSc Medical and Radiation Physics Admission Login/Register.
- Step 3: Register yourself by entering the details such as email id, contact number and other required details.
- Step 4: Fill out the application form and upload a scanned copy of all the necessary documents.
- Step 5: Make application fee payment online.
- Step 6: Click on ‘Submit’ and take a printout of the application form for your future references.
The shortlisting will be based on JAM 2023 / JEST 2023 marks, followed by interview for selection.
NIESR MSc Medical and Radiation Physics Admission 2023 Results
The interviews are scheduled to be held from 3rd to 6th July 2023
|JEST 2023 Cut off mark (Percentile)||JAM 2023 Cut off mark|
|General > 88||General > 31|
|OBC/EWS > 79.2||OBC/EWS > 27.9|
|SC/ST > 44||SC/ST > 15.5|