NIFTEM Sonepat PhD Admission 2022 – National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM), Sonepat invites applications for PhD admission for the academic session 2022-23.
Check full details on NIFTEM Sonepat PhD Admission 2022 below here.
NIFTEM Sonepat PhD Programs
PhD Program is available in the following Streams –
- Agriculture & Environmental Sciences (AES)
- Basic & Applied Sciences (BAS)
- Food Engineering (FE)
- Food Business Management & Entrepreneurship Development (FBM&ED)
- Food Science & Technology (FST)
Tentative No. of Seats
|Agriculture & Environmental Sciences (AES)||14|
|Basic & Applied Sciences (BAS)||07|
|Food Engineering (FE)||07|
|Food Business Management & Entrepreneurship Development (FBM&ED)||10|
|Food Science & Technology (FST)||09|
- Reservation rules will be applicable as per Govt. of India regulation.
- One part time seat is available in each department, in case of non-availability of part-time candidates the seat may be filled with full time candidate.
Areas of Research
- Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
- Postharvest management, Postharvest physiology and processing of fruits and vegetables, Postharvest engineering, Design and development of post-harvest processing equipment and machines, Heat recovery and process integration, Energy saving technologies and Renewable energy applications, Supply chain management of fresh Agri-horti produce, Agriculture Extension, Food microbiology, Biomass utilization for nutraceuticals and food applications, Bioremediation, Postharvest biotic and abiotic stress management, Environmental issues in food sector, Food contaminants, Carbon and water footprint, Life cycle assessment of food products, Utilization of food sector organic waste, Impact of climate change on postharvest quality of agri-horti commodities, Agro-waste bioprocessing, Nanobiotechnology applications in food sector, Nano-biocatalytic degradation of emerging pollutants and agrichemicals, Biochemical Engineering, Enzyme engineering and Technology.
- Basic and Applied Sciences
- Biosensors, Nanocomposites, Experimental Physics, Mathematical Modeling in Biology, Queuing Theory, Artificial Intelligence, Stochastic Modeling, Encapsulation Techniques, Packaging Materials.
- Food Engineering
- Process Modelling and simulation, Bio Conversion technology, Design and development of processing equipment, Renewable energy in Food Processing, Unit operations of Food Engg., Food Packaging Technologies, Drying and Storage Technologies, Novel Food Processing Technologies, Food by products / Food processing industry waste management, Operational design in food industries.
- Food Business Management and Entrepreneurship Development
- Food & Agribusiness, Entrepreneurship & Strategy, Operations & Decision Sciences, Finance, Accounting & Economics, Marketing and Organization Behavior & Human Resources.
- Food Science and Technology
- Food Technology, Waste Utilization, Value addition, New Product Development, Food Safety and Toxicity evaluation, in vitro and in vivo Toxicity and Safety studies of developed food/food ingredient, Risk Assessment of various contaminants/toxicants in food/Bio- availability & ADME studies, in vitro and in vivo digestibility studies, Safety/Migration studies of packaging material/components, Nutraceuticals & Functional foods, Clinical Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Biochemistry, , Food designing, Food Fortification, Community Nutrition and Public Health Nutrition.
NIFTEM Sonepat PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- M. Tech. /Master Degree in a relevant discipline with at least 55% marks with a relaxation of 5% of marks (from 55 % to 50 %) for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(Non-Creamy layers)/ Differently-abled category.
- Candidates can apply ONLY IN ONE DEPARTMENT.
Department Specific Requirements
|Agriculture and Environment Sciences (AES)||M. Tech. in Food Science/Food Technology/ Food Technology and Management/Food Safety and Quality Management/ Food Process Engineering and Management/ Food Supply Chain Management/ Biotechnology/ Biochemical Engineering/ Nanotechnology/ Post Harvest Technology/Food Engineering / Process and Food Engineering / Environmental Engineering/ Environmental Management and allied Disciplines OR M.Sc. Degree in Food Science & Technology/ Food and Nutrition/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Life Sciences/ Agriculture Science/ Horticulture/ Postharvest Management/ Postharvest Technology/ Cold Chain Management/ Environmental Sciences and allied areas from recognized Institute/University.|
|Basic and Applied Sciences (BAS)||M. Tech. in Food Science/ Food Technology and Management/ Food Technology/ Dairy and Food Technology/ Process Engineering and Management/ Food Biotechnology/ Food Safety and Quality Management/ Food Supply Chain Management from a recognized University / Institute. In addition, or Master’s degree in Food Science and Technology/ Biochemistry /Microbiology/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Food biotechnology/ Food and nutrition/ Life Science/ Agriculture Science/ Environmental Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Operational Research/ Physics/ Materials Science/ Nanoscience and Technology from a recognized Institute/ University|
|Food Business Management and Entrepreneurship Development (FBM) &ED||Two year MBA /M.Com/MA/M.Tech (Plant Operations/ Industrial Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized university or institute or CA/CS/ICWA.|
|Food Engineering (FE)||M.Tech in / Food Technology and Management / Food Process Engineering and Management/ Food Technology/ Food Process Engineering/ Food Engineering / Dairy Engineering/ Dairy technology /Agriculture and Food Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Automation & Robotics engineering / Chemical Engineering / Biochemical Engineering/ Food and Bio Process Engg. / Dairy and Food Engg./Post Harvest Process and Food Engg. and Management/Food Technology and Management/Farm machinery and Power Engg|
|Food Science and Technology (FST)||M.Tech. Food Science / Food Technology and Management / Food Safety and Quality Management / Food Supply Chain Management/ Food Technology / Food Process Engineering / Food Process Engineering and Management/ Food Engineering / Dairy Engineering / Dairy Technology / Agriculture Process Engineering / Agriculture & Food Engineering/ Food Biotech/ Food and Fermentation/M-Tech. in Food and Bioprocess Engineering, Process and Food Engineering, Nanoscience and Technology/ Biochemical Engineering from a recognized university /institute. In addition, M.Sc./Master’s degree in Food Technology / Food Science & Technology / Nutritional biochemistry/ Food Science & Nutrition / Clinical Nutrition/Community sciences and Dietetics/Toxicology/ Vet.Pharmacology & Toxicology/ Nanotechnology/ Nanoscience and Technology/ Meat Science/ Meat Technology/ Animal Product Technology/ Livestock Product Technology are eligible for admission. Candidate may be required to go deficiency courses as per requirement.|
NIFTEM Sonepat PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Submission of online Application Commences||18 May 2022|
|Last date for submission of Online||16 June 2022|
|Announcement of List of eligible/shortlisted candidates (fellowship holders, if any) and Announcement of List of eligible/shortlisted candidates for Research Entrance Test (RET)||22 June 2022|
|Issue (online) of admit card/interview authorization slip||23-24 June 2022|
|RET * (online mode)||03 July 2022|
|Declaration of RET result||13 July 2022|
|Interview for PhD candidates (online mode) – Department wise||14-25 July 2022|
|Announcement of Final Merit list for PhD candidates||28 July 2022|
|Reporting for PhD Email Intimation for Counseling will be sent to eligible candidates. Counselling and Fee payment (1st semester) by students||03 Aug 2022|
|Closing of PhD Admissions||05 Aug 2022|
NIFTEM Sonepat PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Applicants are required to apply online at www.niftem.ac.in. Online applications will be available on the website.
- Read the notification carefully before filling application form.
|Mode of Payment||online payment modes|
NIFTEM Sonepat PhD Admission 2022 Selection Process
- Through Research Entrance Test followed by Interview at NIFTEM.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC- CSIR NET (including JRF)/ICAR-NET (including JRF/SRF)/Other JRF holding candidates (barring DST-Inspire) shall be exempted from Research Entrance Test (RET). Other candidates (opting for part time) will have to appear for RET.
- JRF/SRF candidates already working in the funded projects at NIFTEM can be enrolled as Ph.D. students provided they qualify RET and interview. Such candidates will get fellowship/JRF till the end of their research project. After project is finished, such candidates will get NIFTEM Ph.D. fellowship, provided he/she has secured NIFTEM Ph.D. fellowship at the time of admission 2022 as well as it will be as per NIFTEM Ph.D. regulations
- An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. A relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layers)/Differently-abled category in the Research Entrance Test conducted by the University.
- RET and Interview to be conducted by NIFTEM either online/offline (Details to be uploaded on NIFTEM website).
- As per entrance paper choice, the syllabus of the Entrance Test (RET) shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
- There shall be NO Negative Marking for Wrong Answer.
- Syllabus for the entrance exam will be uploaded on NIFTEM website.
- Both NET (including JRF) qualified and RET qualified candidates will appear for interview/presentation where the candidates would be required to present their research areas/interest before the interview panel.
Each department will carry out interview. The pattern of interview and Merit List category wise will be prepared as follows:-
|UG marks||2 (Proportionate to 100%)|
|PG marks||3 (Proportionate to 100%)|
|Fellowship||8 (to be given to student if he/she possesses any kind of fellowship to pursue Ph.D.|
|Publications||2 (Each SCI journal paper to have 1 mark subject to max. of 2 marks|
|Interview||15 (Based on Student’s scientific & research ability in particular area of research|
- For selection of candidates, a weightage of 70% to the entrance test and 30% to the performance in the interview/viva-voce shall be given.” Candidates holding fellowship appearing directly for interview, marks obtained out of 30 to be first converted to 100 and then Normalization of scores (for both type of candidates, i.e., fellowship holders and non fellowship holders) will be done before preparing final merit list.
- Separate department wise (subject specific) merit lists will be prepared.
- Only 03 candidates per department will get NIFTEM Ph.D. fellowship based on merit.
- Candidates who will be pursuing in part time mode will NOT get NIFTEM Ph.D. fellowship. Fellowship would be extended beyond 3rd year as per NIFTEM Ph.D. regulations..
- Foreign nationals are not eligible to apply.
|PhD Admission Notice||Click Here|
|Fee Structure for Ph.D.||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|NIFTEM Sonepat Website||Click Here|