NIBMG Integrated MS-PhD Admissions 2021 – National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG), Kalyani, West Bengal invites applications for admission to the Integrated MS-PhD program for the session starting in August 2021.
Check more details on NIBMG Integrated MS-PhD Admissions 2021 below here.
NIBMG is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies which include single-cell sequencing and bulk DNA sequencing NGS platforms, extensive computational and bioinformatics facility, genetic engineering, Genome editing laboratories, FACS, imaging facilities, Zebrafish, proteomics and microbiome facilities.
Broad Research Areas
- Biomedical Genomics and the functional implications in the context of:
- Infectious disease
- Chronic disease
- Computational Biology and Statistical Genomics
No. of Seats
Up to 12 students, who meet the desired criteria for selection, may be admitted.
- Last Date for Application Form – 18th June, 2021 (5 PM)
Eligibility Criteria for NIBMG Integrated MS-PhD Admission 2021
- Indian nationals with at least 55 % aggregate marks or equivalent grades in Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Biological Sciences are eligible to apply.
- Relaxation of 5% marks for SC, ST, OBC (non-creamy layer) and PWD categories.
- Students in the last year of their Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply.
NIBMG Integrated MS-PhD Admission 2021 Application Procedure
- Candidates have to apply online at https://apply.nibmg.ac.in/
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the application form.
- Candidates need to qualify one of these 2 exams (in the current year), according to the screening cut-offs determined by NIBMG.
- Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS conducted by NCBS/TIFR): Exam held in December 2020.
- Joint Admission Test for M.Sc., 2021 conducted by IIT Kharagpur) for Biotechnology (BT).
- Candidates who fulfil the minimum eligibility conditions and have appeared for any of the above exams may apply online. Candidates will be shortlisted for interview if their scores in JGEEBILS (December 2020) or JAM 2021 (BT) are higher than the cut-offs determined by NIBMG. Final selection will be based exclusively on the candidate’s Interview performance.
- Interviews will be held in July 2021
For more details and to apply online – visit