NFSU Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2022-23 – National Forensic Sciences University, an Institution of National Importance, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India invites online applications for PhD admission for the academic year 2022-23.
Check full details on NFSU Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2022-23 below here.
NFSU Gandhinagar PhD Program
National Forensic Science University has a sound research culture with well-established advanced infrastructure offers a PhD Programme in Forensic Science and all relevant fields.
- Fingerprint Science,
- Questioned Documents,
- Forensic Physics,
- fire Arms,
- Forensic Chemistry,
- Narcotics & Psychotropic Substance,
- Forensic Biology/ Biotechnology,
- Cyber Security,
- Digital Forensics,
- Mobile Forensics,
- Drone Forensics,
- Artificial Intelligence,
- Economic Crimes & Financial Frauds,
- Homeland Security,
- Police Science,
- Police Administration,
- Security Intelligence,
- Healthcare Management,
- Cyber Security Management,
- Forensic Psychology,
- Clinical Psychology,
- Cyber Psychology,
- Forensic Food Technology,
- Forensic Nanotechnology,
- Forensic Pharmacy,
- Forensic Structural Engineering,
- Environmental Forensics,
- Wildlife Forensics,
- Nuclear Forensics,
- Agri& Rural Forensics,
- Humanitarian Forensics,
- Law and its interdisciplinary area such as policy and governance,
- gender studies etc.
Duration of PhD Program
- Ph D programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years (Six Research Progress Committee), including coursework and a maximum of five years.
- As per the NFSU norms additional relaxation for women candidates and persons with disabilities will be given.
- Extension beyond the above limits may be granted in special cases if it is needed for justified reason, provided it is recommended through concerned RPC members, Dean SDSR and subsequently approved by Chairman FDSR, NFSU.
- The Ph.D. Scholars will have to pay the prescribed fees for all the semesters from the date of registration to submission of thesis.
- For the purpose of administrative convenience. the semester period will be counted from 1st July to 31st December and from 1st January to 30th June. For the purpose of counting the semester, the first semester (i.e., commencing from 1st July) will be counted if the candidate is registered/admitted for PhD between 1st July to 30th September. Likewise, if the candidate is registered between 1st October to 31st December, his/her admission will be considered in the semester beginning from 1st January.
NFSU Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2022-23 Eligible Criteria
For admission to the Ph.D. programme in a related subject in the faculty, applicants fulfilling any of the following criteria shall be treated as eligible:
Persons having passed Post Graduate Degree (master’s degree)
- Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Sciences/ Humanities/ Social Sciences/ law and its interdisciplinary areas such as policy and governance, criminology, victimology, or gender studies in concerning discipline or equivalent with a minimum; of 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) (55 % or equivalent marks for SC/ST and PwD category).
- In exceptional cases, applicants with B.E./B.Tech. degree (From IIT, IISC, or IISER) in a respective discipline with an excellent academic record (with a minimum of 70% marks) may be considered eligible for admission.
- For qualifying degrees listed under 1. and 2., candidates must also fulfil ONE of the following additional requirements:
- a) Qualified in GATE (valid score)/GPAT (valid score).
- b) Selected through National Eligibility Test – UGC NET/JRF including lectureship (Assistant Professorship)
- c) Selected through a National level examination conducted by MHRD or its agencies /Institutions such as UGC/CSIR/ICAR/ICMR/DoT. etc.
- (d) Selected provisionally for the DST INSPIRE Fellowship (provisional award letter to be produced)
Professional Category (30% of total intake of the respective academic year)
- Persons working in Public Sector undertaking/ Government department/ National Laboratories/ a Research Development Organization, or private industry or an Educational Institution nominated/sponsored by the respective employer. These persons should have a Post Graduate Degree with at least 60% marks.
- The fellow members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and/ or Institute of Cost and Works Accountants and / or having qualification of Company Secretary shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme in the subject allocated to the Board of Studies concerned under the Faculty of Management. Provided that such candidates possess a bachelor’s degree from any recognized University with at least 60% marks and also have at least 10 years of professional experience.
- A Post Graduate (with 60%) in any Faculty who has developed important new technology (new for the country) or designed and developed novel technology or apparatus or developed a new theory or concept which found beneficial for social justice a delivery system which is deemed by a competent Judge to be a valuable contribution In the field of any stream offered by NFSU, may be permitted by the Faculty of Doctoral Studies and Research on the recommendation of Research Progress Committee to submit his/her thesis for the PhD Such a candidate must have at least 10 years standing as a Master of the concerned Faculty.
Foreign National Category (15 % of total intake of the respective academic year)
- The percentage of marks required for admission of foreign candidates (those who have not obtained a master’s degree from an Indian University) will be 60% (equivalent GPA) at the master’s degree level branch of knowledge chosen for master’s degree. However, a candidate wishing to conduct research in a subject other than the one chosen for the master’s degree, but which is of an interdisciplinary character is also eligible for registration, provided the research design is approved by the RAC & experts.
- If foreign national candidates are not available, then the seats will be filled by general category candidates.
NFSU Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|The date for the submission of the online form (extended)||31 October 2022|
|Date of Entrance Examination Date||12 December 2022|
|Entrance test Results||12 December 2022 Evening|
|Interview||13th/14th December 2022|
NFSU Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through official website https://www.nfsu.ac.in/admission
- The applicant also needs to send a separate print of the application summary along with all the supporting documents / mark-sheets (Self-attested) on address – The Registrar, Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Nr. DFS Headquarter, Sector – 9, Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India) – 382007
- Before filling the application form read the instructions carefully given at the University website.
Selection will be based on the Entrance test and Interview.
The candidates who have qualified at the UGC JRF/NET/SET examination are exempted from the Entrance Test.
NFSU Gandhinagar PhD Entrance 2022-23 Details
Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus
|Research Methodology||Computer Science|
|Engineering and Technology||Forensic Science|
NFSU Gandhinagar PhD Admission 2022-23 Results
- Notification Admissions to the Ph.D. Program 2022
- Eligible Candidates for Ph.D. Entrance Examination-2022
- NOT-Eligible Candidates for Ph.D. Entrance Examination-2022
- Exempted Candidates for Ph.D. Entrance Examination-2022