NEST 2023 – NEST Admit Card is available now. NEST 2023 Exam will be held on 24th June 2023.
Check here full details on NEST 2023.
Join Our Telegram Channel
The National Entrance Screening Test or NEST is a compulsory online/computer based test for admission to the five year Integrated MSc programme in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics, at the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM–DAE CEBS), Mumbai.
Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country.
The candidates admitted to the programme in NISER, or CEBS, are eligible to receive an annual scholarship of Rs 60,000 through the DISHA program of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India. In addition, the scholarship recipients receive a grant of Rs 20,000 per annum for the summer internship.
Alumni of the programme are presently pursuing Ph.D. at reputed universities and institutes in India & abroad. Besides, top performers at NISER and CEBS, securing overall grades above a certain threshold at the end of the programme, are eligible to appear directly for the interview for admission to Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) training school.
NEST 2023 will be conducted in around 120 cities [see list] cities across India.
NEST 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||National Entrance Screening Test (NEST)|
|Exam Date||24th June 2023|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Courses Offered||5-year Integrated MSc Program, 2023-28|
|Conducting Body||National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) & UM–DAE CEBS|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
NEST 2023 Important Dates
|Starting of Application process||27 Feb 2023|
|Last date to submit application form (Extended)||24 May 2023|
|Correction & Update Window||26-29 May 2023|
|Admit card download||12 June 2023|
|NEST 2023 Exam||24 June 2023|
|Result declaration||10 July 2023|
NEST Eligibility Criteria
- Qualification: At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Divyangjan candidates, the minimum requirement is 55%.
- Class XII qualifying examination must have passed in either 2021 or 2022. Candidates appearing in 2023 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
- Age Limit: Candidates in the Unreserved and OBC categories must have been born on or after August 01, 2003. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Divyangjan candidates.
NEST 2023 Application Form
- Candidates have to fill the Application Form through the online mode.
- Application Form will be available on https://www.nestexam.in/.
- Candidates must read through the detailed online application procedure available on the website
- Pay the application fee online.
|General and OBC categories||₹1200.00|
NEST 2023 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: Online (computer-based) mode.
- Time Duration: The examination is of 3 hours and 30 minutes duration
- Sections: Each section is of 50 marks and will contain subject specific questions from Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. Each subject section contains 17 questions, out of which 12 questions are of single correct answer MCQs, and the remaining 5 questions are of multiple correct answer MCQs. There will be negative markings for choosing incorrect answers in single correct answer MCQs. One will earn 2.5 marks for each correct answer, -1 for each wrong answer, and 0 marks for unattempted questions in single correct answer MCQs. For multiple correct answer MCQs, one will earn full marks, i.e., 4 marks, by choosing all correct answers and no wrong answers; otherwise, she/he will earn 0 marks. It is in the interest of the candidate to attempt all sections.
- The merit list of NEST 2023 is prepared using the best three qualifying scores out of four sections, and the section with the worst score is omitted.
Table for marking in various sections
NEST 2023 Syllabus
Syllabus will follow the NCERT/ CBSE science syllabus of class 11th & 12th.
Note: NEST 2023 question paper will not have a separate “General” section.
NEST 2023 Preparation Tips
- Check the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Analyse the previous year’s papers.
- Then make a time table to cover the syllabus.
- Solve previous year question paper & sample papers.
- Make notes & revise them on regular basis.
- Give Mock Tests to analyze your preparation.
NEST Previous Years Question Papers
NEST 2023 Admit Card
Admit Card is available now.
Candidates will be able to download the admit card by their login credentials.
NEST 2023 Answer Key
Answer Key will get published on the website after exam.
Students will also be able to challenge the answer key.
NEST 2023 Result
Result will be published on 10 July 2023 after the examination.
Candidates who will qualify the examination with minimum marks will get shortlisted & will be further called for counselling process.