NBRC Gurgaon PhD Neuroscience Admission 2021– National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) invites applications for admission to PhD Neuroscience Programs for the academic year 2021.
Programs at NBRC
National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) conducts advanced research in different areas of the interdisciplinary field of Neuroscience.
Channels for applying in PhD Neuroscience
NBRC accepts PhD admissions through JGEEBILS (Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences)
NBRC accepts applications from candidates who qualify JEST (Joint Entrance Screening Test).
NBRC accepts applications from GATE qualified candidates (with 85 percentile or more in GATE 2020/2021) in Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Computer Science and Information Technology / Electrical Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Instrumentation Engineering.
External Fellowship Channel
Candidates those who have qualified (JRF) Examination in UGC / CSIR / DBT / ICMR or CSIR UGC-NET LS with Biology / Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics can also apply through external fellowship channel.
The JRF should be valid on 31st August, 2021 or later. NET Lectureship candidates should have qualified the exam on/after Dec 2018.
NBRC Gurgaon PhD Neuroscience Admission 2021 Important Dates
|NBRC Application (Online) start date||15 Jan 2021|
|Last date of receipt of requests for hard copy of the application form||01 March 2021|
|Last date for receipt of (Online/Offline) application form for PhD||31 May 2021|
|Interview for PhD program||Updated Soon|
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any branch of Science such as Life Sciences / Pharmacy / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Computer applications / Statistics / Veterinary Science / Psychology from a recognized Institute or University.
- Candidates having four-year course leading to Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Technology / Engineering / Medicine from a recognized Institute or University are also eligible.
- Candidates those who are appearing in final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum 55% Marks (50% for SC / ST / PH candidates) or an equivalent grade from secondary (10th) examination onwards is required.
- Percentage should be calculated up to two decimal points to determine their eligibility.
Candidates can apply online through NBRC website.
Candidates who want to apply by offline mode can send a self-addressed A-4 size envelope to Registrar, National Brain Research Centre, Manesar-122052 Dist. Gurgaon (Haryana) indicating Programme & channel by which they wish to apply.
Steps to Follow for Online Application
Check if you fulfil minimum criteria for admission to the NBRC PhD Neuroscience programme.
Apply or Qualify JGEEBILS/ JEST /GATE/ External Fellowship as mentioned earlier.
Apply for NBRC PhD on NBRC website before last date.
Pay the required amount of fee.
Fee for Online applicants
|For General Candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|For SC/ST/PH Candidates||Rs. 150/-|
|Payment Procedure||Through SBI Collect|
Fee for Offline applicants
|For General Candidates||Rs. 350/-|
|For SC/ST/PH Candidates||Rs. 200/-|
|Payment Procedure||By Demand Draft|
No application fee will be applicable for candidates having JRF / LS who have applied / are applying through JGEEBILS / JEST / GATE channels.
However they have to fill the separate application form to be considered in both the channels.
For more information and to apply online – visit