NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2022 – Application are invited for Doctoral Scholarship Written Test by the National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) for pursuing PhD and Integrated PhD programmes in Mathematics / Applied Mathematics.
The scholarship test is scheduled to be held on 18 June 2022.
Check full details on NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2022 below here.
Latest – Admit Card is available now
Join Our Telegram Channel
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Test 2022
This test is the first of two steps in the selection process for NBHM Doctoral Scholarship 2022.
The test scores of NBHM Doctoral Scholarship will also used for screening of candidates for PhD / integrated PhD admissions by some institutions including
- HRI – Harish-Chandra Research Institute
- IISER Mohali – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali
- IISER Pune – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
- IISER Thiruvananthapuram – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram
- IISER Berhampur – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Berhampur
- NISER – National Institute of Science Education and Research
- IMSc – The Institute of Mathematical Sciences
- KSoM – Kerala School of Mathematics
Details of the Scholarship
- The scholarship is initially granted for a term of four years, but needs to be renewed every year, the renewal being subject to satisfactory progress as judged by NBHM. It may be extendable by one more year, solely at NBHM’s discretion.
- It consists of a monthly stipend and a yearly contingency grant, the rates of which are revised from time to time. The current rates are as follows: monthly stipend Rs. 31,000/- for the first two years, to be increased to Rs. 35,000/- for the subsequent years, based upon the recommendation of the committee appointed by the scholar’s institution to monitor the scholar’s progress; yearly contingency grant Rs. 40,000/-. In addition, house rent allowance (HRA) is payable as per central government norms.
- A precondition for tenability of the scholarship is that throughout its term the candidate must be enrolled in a recognised full-time PhD programme in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics in India. This means that the candidate must get enrolled in such a programme by January 2023 (if not already enrolled) and such enrolment must continue for the entire duration of the scholarship. If the enrolment should cease for any reason, the scholarship will also cease at the same time. The scholarship will be administered only through the scholar’s institution.
- INR 31,000 monthly for the first two years
- INR 35,000 monthly for the subsequent two/three years
- Yearly contingency grant of INR 40,000
- House rent allowance (HRA)
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2022 Important Dates
|Online application portal scheduled to open||17 May 2022|
|Last date for applications with fee of Rs.500||27 May 2022|
|Last date for applications with fee of Rs.700||31 May 2022|
|Application portal Closing Date||31 May 2022|
|The Written Test Date||18 June 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Test 2022
Anyone who fits at least one of the following three criteria is eligible to appear for the test:
- enrolled in a full-time PhD programme in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics in a university or institution in India;
- aspiring to enroll in such a programme by January 2023;
- aspiring for selection in the next round of recruitment for an Integrated PhD programme of an institution (such as the eight mentioned above) that uses the test scores for screening for admission to that programme.
Note that even those who are disqualified for the scholarship at the outset (even before writing the test) may still be eligible to write the test: this stems from the fact that the test scores are used also for screening for admission to several PhD and integrated PhD programmes.
It is understood that any applicant agrees with all the policies of NBHM.
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2022 Application Process
Applications to appear for the written test will be accepted exclusively online through the following portal https://nbhmscholarships.in/
Candidate has to register on the portal by using a valid email address. This address will be your registered email address.
Login to the portal with your registered email address and password and fill all the information asked.
|Application Fee Without Late Fees||Rs. 500|
|Application Fee With Late Fees||Rs. 700|
- Candidates shall be shortlisted for an interview based on their test scores.
- Final selection for the scholarship shall primarily be on the basis of performance in the test and the subsequent interview, although the selection committee can take into account other aspects of the candidate’s academic track record.
Written Test and Interview
- The test is scheduled for Saturday, 18 June 2022, 10:30 to 13:30 hrs, IST. It shall be one of subject skills that are important for pursuing a doctoral degree in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics.
- Question papers from previous years along with their keys are available at this repository. The pattern and difficulty level of this year’s test may however bear no predictable relation to those in the previous years.
- As already mentioned, a shortlist of candidates to be interviewed shall be prepared based on the test scores. The interviews shall be conducted online, sometime in the month of July. The dates and other details of the interviews shall be announced along with the shortlist, two to three weeks after the test.
The test will be conducted in five zones at the following centres –
|Zone 1 (North)||Chandigarh, Delhi, Jodhpur, Shimla, Srinagar.|
|Zone 2 (North Central)||Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Kanpur, Patna, Prayagraj, Raipur.|
|Zone 3 (West)||Dharwad, Gandhinagar, Goa, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar.|
|Zone 4 (East)||Agartala, Berhampur (Orissa), Bhubaneswar, Burdwan, Dimapur, Guwahati, Imphal, Jamshedpur, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong, Siliguri, Tezpur.|
|Zone 5 (South)||Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kozhikode, Mysuru, Pondicherry, Salem, Surathkal, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Warangal.|
- Chandigarh (CHD): Department of Mathematics, Panjab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh 160014.
- Delhi North-1 (DSS): St. Stephen’s College, Sudhir Bose Marg, University Enclave, Delhi 110007.
- Delhi North-2 (AUD): Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University Delhi, Kashmere Gate Campus, Lothian Rd, Kashmere Gate, New Delhi, Delhi 110006.
- Delhi South (DDB): Deshbandhu College (University of Delhi), Kalkaji Main Road, Block H, Kalkaji, New Delhi 110019. Phone: 011-26439565, 011-26235542. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jodhpur (JOD): Lecture Hall Block, Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur, NH 65, Surpura Bypass Rd, Karwar, Rajasthan 342030.
- Shimla (SHM): Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla 171005.
- Srinagar (SRI): Green Campus, Central University of Kashmir , Ganderbal (Opposite to Govt. Degree College)
- Bhopal (BHO): Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal, Bhopal By-pass Road, Bhauri, Bhopal, MP 462066. (Enquire at the gate for the exact location within campus.)
- Indore (IND): School of Mathematics, Vigyan Bhawan, Khandwa Road, Indore, MP 452001.
- Jabalpur (JBL): Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur, MP 482001.
- Kanpur (KAN): L-19, Lecture Hall Complex, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, UP 208016.
- Patna (PTN): Tutorial Block (Block- 9), Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Kanpa Road, Bihta (Post Office: IIT Patna, Bihta Campus), Bihar 801106.
- Prayagraj (PYG): Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Chhatnag Road, Jhunsi, Allahabad 211019.
- Raipur (RAI): School of Studies in Mathematics, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, Chattisgarh 492010.
- Dharward (DWD): Department of Mathematics, IIT Dharwad, WALMI Campus, PB Road, Near High Court, Dharwad, Karnataka 580011.
- Gandhinagar (GND): LR 31, Second Floor, Library Building, St. Xavier’s COllege, Navrangpura Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380009.
- Goa (GOA): Mathematics Lecture Hall-1, Faculty Block-A, School of Physical and Applied Sciences, Goa University, Taleigao Plateau, Goa 403206.
- Mumbai (MUM): Department of Mathematics, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400076.
- Nagpur (NAG): Department of Mathematics, VNIT, Nagpur, Maharashtra 440010.
- Nanded (NDD): Department of Mathematics, Third Floor, Main Building, Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology (popular by short name SGGS college), Vishnupuri, Nanded, Maharashtra 431606. Landmark: Swami Ramanand Teeth Marathwada University, Nanded.
- Pune (PUN): Lecture Hall Complex, Ground Floor, IISER Campus, Dr Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan, Pune, Maharashtra 411008.
- Vallabh Vidyanagar (VVN): Department of Mathematics, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Anand, Gujarat 388120. Office Phone Number: 02692 226870; Landmark: near Shashtri ground, and near University Circle (also known as Shaheed Chowk).
- Agartala (AGT): Department of Mathematics, National Institute of Technology Agartala, Barjala, Jirania, Tripura 799046.
- Berhampur (BPR): IISER Berhampur Transit Campus: Government ITI Premises, Engineering School Junction, NH 59, Berhampur, District Ganjam, Odisha 760 010.
- Bhubaneswar (IMA): Institute of Mathematics and Applications, Andharua, Bhubaneswar, Orissa 751029.
- Bhubaneswar (NSR): School of Mathematical Sciences, NISER Bhubaneswar, P.O. Jatni, District Khurda, Odisha 752050.
- Burdwan (BRD): Department of Mathematics, The University of Burdwan, Golapbag, Burdwan, West Bengal 713104.
- Dimapur (DIM): Department of Mathematics, NIT Nagaland, Chumukedima, Dimapur, Nagaland 797103.
- Guwahati (GWH): Department of Mathematics, Gauhati University, Guwahati, Assam 781014.
- Imphal (IMP): Department of Mathematics, Manipur University, Canchipur, Manipur 795003.
- Jamshedpur (XLR) Cancelled
- Kharagpur (KGP): Bhatnagar Auditorium, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Main Building, Room No. F-116, Kharagpur, West Bengal 721302.
- Kolkata North (KON): Brahmananda Keshab Chandra College, 111/2, B T Road BonHooghly, Kolkata 700108.
- Kolkata East (KOE): Techno Main Salt Lake, EM-4/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, WB 700091. Entry: Gate No. 6 (Near Wipro).
- Kolkata South (KOS): Ramakrishna Mission Residential College (Autonomous), Narendrapur, Kolkata, WB 700103.
- Ranchi (RNC): University Department of Mathematics, Basic Science Building, Second Floor, Morabadi, Ranchi university, Ranchi, Jharkhand 834008.
- Shillong (NEH): Department of Mathematics, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya 793022.
- Siliguri (NBU): Department of Mathematics, University of North Bengal, Raja Rammohanpur, District Darjeeling, 734013, P.O. North Bengal University.
- Tezpur (TEZ): Department of Mathematical Sciences, School of Sciences, Tezpur University, Napaam, Sonitpur, Assam 784028.
- Bengaluru (BNG): LH-1, Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Science campus, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560 012.
- Chennai (CHN): Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, 4th Cross Street, CIT Campus, Taramani, Chennai, TN 600113. Phone: 044-22542029.
- Hyderabad (HYD): Seminar Hall-II, School of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Hyderabad, Prof. C. R. Rao Road, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana 500046.
- Kochi (KOC): Department of Mathematics, CUSAT, University Road, South Kalamassery, Kalamassery, Ernakulam, Kerala 682022.
- Kozhikode (KZK): St. Joseph’s College, Devagiri, Medical College PO, Kozhikode, Kerala 673008.
- Mysuru (MYS) Cancelled
- Pondicherry (PDY): Department of Mathematics, Ramanujan school of mathematical Sciences, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry 605014.
- Salem (SLM): Department of Mathematics, Science Block II, Periyar University Omalur Main Road, Salem, TN 636011.
- Surathkal (STK) Cancelled
- Thiruvananthapuram (TVM): Physics Block, Mar Ivanios College (Autonomous), Bethany Hills, Nalanchira, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695015. Phone: 91-471 2531053, 2530023.
- Tirupati (TPT): Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Tirupati, C/o Sree Rama Engineering College (Transit Campus), Rami Reddy Nagar, Karakambadi Road, Mangalam (P.O.) Tirupati, AP 517507. map
- Warangal (WGL) Cancelled
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme Written Test 2022 Admit Card
Admit Cards are available for downloading from the application portal.
To download, login to the portal with your REM (registered email address) and password that you created at the time of the application.
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme Written Tests: Old Question Papers and Keys
- June 2005 – Key June 2005
- February 2006 – Key Feb. 2006
- January 2007 – Key Jan. 2007
- February 2008 – Key Feb. 2008
- January 2009 – Key Jan. 2009
- January 2010 – Key Jan. 2010
- January 2011 – Key Jan. 2011
- January 2012 – Key Jan. 2012
- January 2013 – Key Jan. 2013
- January 2014 – Key Jan. 2014
- January 2015 – Key Jan. 2015
- January 2016 – Key Jan. 2016
- January 2017 – Key Jan. 2017
- January 2018 – Key Jan. 2018
- January 2019 – Key Jan. 2019
- January 2020 – Key Jan. 2020
- August 2021 – Key Aug. 2021 (test held late due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
For more details and to apply online – visit
Previous Exam Details
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021
|Online application portal scheduled to open||22 February 2021|
|Last date for applications with fee of Rs.400||13 March 2021|
|Last date for applications with fee of Rs.600||24 March 2021|
|Application portal Closing Date||24 March 2021|
|The Written Test Date||11 April 2021|