Nagaland University PhD Admission 2022 – Nagaland University invites applications for PhD admission offered by different departments for the Academic session 2022-23.
Check more details on Nagaland University PhD Admission 2022 below here.
Available PhD Programs
- School of Sciences
- Environmental Science
- School of Social Sciences
- History & Archaeology
- Political Science
- School of Humanities & Education
- Mass Communication
- Teacher Education
- Centre for Naga Tribal Languages
- School of Management
Nagaland University PhD Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates for admission to the PhD programme shall have a Master’s Degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A relaxation of 5% marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September 1991.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. Course Work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to do research work leading to the PhD Degree. A relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (noncreamy layer)/ Differently-abled and other categories of candidate as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
Nagaland University PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Starting of Online Application Form||01 July 2022|
|Last Date for Online Application||30 August 2022 (9:00 PM)|
|Notification of eligible candidates for entrance exam||Sep 2022|
|Date of Entrance test and interview||Sep 2022|
Nagaland University PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online on the University website www.nagalanduniversity.ac.in
- Read instructions carefully given there before filling application form.
- If applying to more than one department/program, separate application forms need to be submitted as well as separate payments have to be made. The same payment receipt should not be used for applying to more than one department. If such cases are discovered, the application forms will be rejected without any further communication to the applicant.
- A candidate may apply separately to a maximum of three (03) relevant departments by paying the Online Application fees separately.
|Mode of Payment||Online Through SBI I-Collect|
- Selection will be based on Entrance test and Interview.
Additional weight-age during the Selection Process:
- Persons with M. Phil. Degree from Nagaland University.
- Candidates qualified in any of the National Eligibility Test (NET), recognized by the UGC.
- Candidates with JRF.
- Candidates securing an average ‘A’ grade of 60% and above in the course work of M. Phil Programme of Nagaland University.
- Subject to availability of seats, candidates belonging to the following categories and fulfilling the criteria stipulated under clause 1 above, may also be admitted on the recommendation of the Department:
- a. Regular employees of Nagaland University.
- b. Teachers of colleges affiliated to Nagaland University with an experience of at least Three (3) years of continuous service.
- c. Persons with at least 9 (nine) years of experience in Administration, Management and having specialized knowledge in the proposed field of research to the satisfaction of the department concerned.
- d. Persons who have completed at least one year of research in a University/Institution after his/her registration, provisional or otherwise, under the supervision of a teacher.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Nagaland University website||Click Here|
Nagaland University PhD Admission 2021
|Starting of Online Application Form||26 July 2021|
|Last Date for Online Application||13 August 2021|
|Notification of eligible candidates for entrance exam||16 August 2021|
|Date of Entrance test and interview||21 August 2021|