MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2023– Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU) Kottayam, Kerala invites applications for admission to PhD Program for the academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2023 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
MGU Kerala PhD Programs
The following table lists out the disciplines in which vacancies exists at present. However, there may be alterations in the number of vacancies during the validity period of the Entrance test results, which is two successive chances from the date of publication of the Entrance test results –
(Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Life Science, Inter-disciplinary Sciences)
|GANDHIAN STUDIES & DEVELOPMENT STUDIES||12|
|HISTORY & SOCIAL STUDIES||40|
|INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND POLITICS/ POLITICAL SCIENCE||21|
|PHYSICS,NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY||195|
Eligibility Criteria for MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2023
- Candidates applying for Ph.D Entrance Examination shall have passed a Post Graduate Degree examination in any discipline of Mahatma Gandhi University or of any other Universities recognised as eligible thereto, with not less than 55% marks or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed (without adding grace marks) and who has secured a Post Graduate Degree or an equivalent Professional Degree satisfying the condition detailed above from a foreign educational institution which is accredited by authorised agencies
- However, a relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% (without adding grace mark) or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be granted to those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently Abled and for candidates who have obtained their Post Graduate Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Candidates awaiting results of their PG Examinations can also apply, but they shall submit the Provisional / Original Certificate within seven days of publication of results of Ph.D Written Aptitude Test. The validity of the results of the candidates of the Ph.D Aptitude Test will be two years from the date of publication of the Test results.
MGU Kerala PhD Entrance 2023 Important Dates
|Date of Opening the Portal for|
|25 March 2023|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||10 April 2023|
|Date of Entrance Examination||06th & 07 May 2023|
|Date of Issuance of Hall Tickets||Will be notified through the portal|
MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates shall apply for the Aptitude/Entrance Test for Ph.D Programme, 2023, Online, by accessing the University Website https://researchonline.mgu.ac.in/
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layers)/Differently Abled category shall upload copies of the documents in proof of the same along with the application.
- Step1: Account Creation
- Step2: Login
- Step3: Application Fee Payment
- Step4: Submit Basic Details
- Step5: Submit Academic Details
- Step6: Upload the Documents
- Step7: Submit the Application
- Step8: Take the System Generated printout and send to university with all the relevant documents.
|Application Fee||Rs. 1105/-|
|For SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 550/-|
|Mode of Payment||Through online mode|
MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2023 Admission Procedure
Admission to the Ph.D. Programs will be made on the basis of
- Entrance Test (ET)
- Doctoral Interview
Exemption from Entrance Test
The following categories of candidates are exempted from passing Entrance Test :
- JRF awardees.
- UGC Teacher Fellows
- M.Phil. & M.Tech. (all discipline), MD, MS, MDS (Modern Medicine, Homoeopathy and Ayurveda) Degree holders in the subject of research concerned.
- Regular and permanent teachers from the University Departments and the Government/Aided Colleges in Kerala.
- Candidates who have qualified in the NET/ SLET/ GATE/ GPAT/ JEST/ RGNF or other tests conducted by such Government bodies as UGC, CSIR, ICAR/ ICMR.
- DST Women Scientist Awardees
- KSCST/INSPIRE/MANF Fellowship Awardees
- Scientists from the Accredited R & D Institutions
- Teachers working in Self-Financing Colleges under the control of Government, with three years of continuous teaching experience.
MGU Kerala PhD Entrance Test 2023
- Duration of Examination : 3 Hrs
- Maximum Marks : 100 Marks
The test comprises of two papers –
- Part A – Research Methodology
- Part B – Subject chosen.
- Objective Type Questions (50 Nos.) Covering various areas of the subject: 50 Marks (1 mark for each question)
- Short answer questions: 14 Numbers : 50 Marks
- Out of which 10 numbers have to be answered, 5 marks for each question
Pass requirement is minimum 50% marks for all categories except SC/ST/OBC/Differently Abled whose pass requirement is 45%.
Centres of Examination
While filling out the application form, candidates can select any one of the below mentioned exam centre.
- University College, M.G Road, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram
- CMS College, Kottayam
- St. Paul’s College, Kalamasserry, Ernakulam
- Government Vocational HSS for Girs, Nadakkavu, Kozhikkode
- Sree Narayana College, Thottada, Kannur
The centres will be allotted to candidates on a first-come-first-serve basis. Once a centre has reached its capacity, candidates may be allotted any other centre from the above list. University will not accept the request to make changes in the allotted exam centres.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|MGU Kerala Website||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
|Admissions in Kerala||Admissions in Kerala|
MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2022
|Date of Opening the Portal for|
|13 June 2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||27 June 2022 (05 PM)|
|PhD Aptitude/Entrance Test -2022||announced later|
|Last Date of receipt of print out|
of the application along with
photocopies of the documents
|within 14 days of publication of|
the Aptitude/entrance Test
MGU Kerala PhD Programs 2022
(Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Microbiology)
|INTER DISCIPLINARY SCIENCES||2|
|PHYSICS,NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY||162|
|POLITICS & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS/POLITICAL SCIENCE||25|
MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2021
|Application Form Availability||01 July 2021|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||31 July 2021|